Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Where to hide huge crossovers!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 01:26 PM
Where to hide huge crossovers!

I have 2 sets of Boston pro60SE one set for the front doors, one set for the back doors, and a kenwood xr-4s to power them.. (kenwood 6960 hu)

The pro60's come with giant crossovers, in fact the 4 crossovers (combined) are the same size as the kenwood 4 channel amp!

i'm at a loss on where to put the crossovers. is there room in the doors?

I'm planning on building a spare tire subwoofer box leaving the spare tire intact,, and there's going to be 2 amps in there already.. I'd really like to find somewhere else to hide the crossovers.

Old 08-22-2011, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
I would do everything you can to keep them out of the doors since moisture will be a problem. I stuffed the Hetrz three way crossovers up under the dash, one under the drivers side and one up under beside the glove box. You do have one more option of behind the rear side panel on the passenger side. I think the driver side may be too tight with the gas filler neck in the way.

Feel free to look into the pics of my sub install for ideas on the sub in the spare.

Old 08-22-2011, 01:55 PM
5 Year Member
Mine are under the dash on each side of the car, there is plenty of room there and if you are using the factory locations for tweeters then you are only using 1 set of wires through the door.

Old 08-22-2011, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by lashlee
I would do everything you can to keep them out of the doors since moisture will be a problem. I stuffed the Hetrz three way crossovers up under the dash, one under the drivers side and one up under beside the glove box. You do have one more option of behind the rear side panel on the passenger side. I think the driver side may be too tight with the gas filler neck in the way.

Feel free to look into the pics of my sub install for ideas on the sub in the spare.
Thats a real nice stealth install for your sub.. you tossed out the spare tire though right?

Old 09-27-2011, 01:07 AM
Originally Posted by Fit4Spl
Mine are under the dash on each side of the car, there is plenty of room there and if you are using the factory locations for tweeters then you are only using 1 set of wires through the door.
I totally agree ! There's actually enough room on the side of my glove box that i am mounting my amp for my components there ..

Old 09-27-2011, 09:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bionicjay
Thats a real nice stealth install for your sub.. you tossed out the spare tire though right?
Thanks! Nope, the spare is in the floor in front of the passenger rear seat. It fits pretty well. Since its under my daughters car seat it doesn't get in the way.