Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Trunk Space

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 03:41 PM
Trunk Space

Hey Guys My name is Ralphy and im new to the forum.

I have been a huge honda fan for years and always loved Civics for the most part. But i recently got into a friends Fit and Jesus talk about a space and convenience. I fell in love.

I am a huge bass head and love LOUD music. Im looking into getting a Fit in the next 6 months hopefully if school doenst rape my bank in the next semester.

If someone could give me some info Im looking for. I would just like a rough idea of the dimensions in the trunk space. Like width from strut to strut and depth at the floor and at the top and also height till where the back of the seat ends. Im just looking to see what kind of sub enclosure I would be able to fit in.

One other question I have is how much space is there under the rear seat when the seats are up? Would amps fit there or car batteries?

Thanks Guys for any input.

Old 08-10-2012, 04:15 PM
5 Year Member
I would just like a rough idea of the dimensions in the trunk space. Like width from strut to strut max hatch width is 40 in, between struts is similar if not the same and depth at the floor 60 inches long with seats folded and at the top 47 inches with seats folded and also height till where the back of the seat ends. 29 inches top to bottom of hatch opening, to top of seats will be .. about .. 2/3 of that Im just looking to see what kind of sub enclosure I would be able to fit in. I have no knowledge of this topic. I hate loud noises.

One other question I have is how much space is there under the rear seat when the seats are up? Some, not a lot. Be aware the seats fold down into that space so if you put anything there, even a bottle of water, you can no longer fold the seats.

My measurements were all taken with an eye to fitting cargo in through the openings .. ie max dimensions to fit through the hole and then fit inside the car .. for example a typical "max" IKEA box size you could fit in there might look something like 27x31x50, but it can really vary a little because the openings aren't exactly square. Anyway, because this was my concern when I measured, you might find these dimensions are not exactly what you're looking for. The car has a lot of space though, that's for sure. I don't think you'll find it lacking if that's your concern. But why not just buy a decent home stereo instead of inflicting your hobby on the rest of us?

Old 08-10-2012, 04:31 PM
Car audio is my hobby and I love competing. Plus im not an ass that blast music at 11 PM I usually play my music ridiculously loud on weekends when Im just going for a cruise.