Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

6" touchscreen 10" screens custom 12" sub box completed

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 08:13 AM
6" touchscreen 10" screens custom 12" sub box completed

I have only had my fit since Nov. I bought it specifically to bring with me to Finland from the states. I made sure they added the center armrest with purchase(why the hell isnt that standard).

I am an audiophile so I had to start with that.
6" JVC touchscreen
two 10" monitors in headrests
12" sub in the trunk.

Built a custom box for a single 12" to sit dead center facing up. 7" mount depth with 1cu air space all with only losing 3" of trunk space.

I fiberglassed into the spare to accommodate the depth.

Then I tinted the windows and did the ziebart under protection and diamond gloss. Weather beater molded floor mats all around, im in Finland those are a must for anybody that cares.

That all turned out well so now on to EU spec and style.

Plans..
-Jazz hybrid rear lights
-Side mirrors with turn lights, heated and power fold in.
-climate control

Old 03-31-2013, 08:16 AM
I tried to add the overall pic. but I have an album under my name with a bunch of pics.

Old 04-01-2013, 06:40 AM
Monitors are Tview T108PL-BK.

they aren't the most expensive and when it came to size for the dollar they were in a good range. they do not have stand alone dvd but that is how I wanted it. the head unit controls all.

the picture quality is outstanding and the look and feel of the material is very nice. matched with some nice seat covers (I have but are not installed in the pics) they fit the space and look to match without seeming awkward.

while watching they are not so big as to ruin the show by seeming to large and close to your face, they fit the space very nice. if you have the seat upright then maybe it feels alittle weird but who doesn't have the seat reclined when in the back.

two cons...

they do not have headphone jacks. they are only ir. I have bought a cheaper pair of power acoustic headphones then I bought a better pair of clarion headphones. both receive the signal clear but both experience cut out in one ear when ever they feel like it. I have not been able to figure a way to keep perfect signal. this may lead to changing out the unit.

they are not stiff. they do not hold in the chosen tilted position all the time. bumped they tilt, hard brake they tilt, I find myself always adjusting them to be pointing and looking the right way just so they look right. not to much of a big deal and I am sure I will find a way to fix just havnt made it a concern of mine yet.

overall pleased and when watched with the car speakers they are everything you need in the space provided for a decent price.