Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

New Speaker Noise and speaker shut off after installation

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 05:05 PM
5 Year Member
New Speaker Noise and speaker shut off after installation

Hello, Yesterday with a Friend a replace my OEM cheap speaker with new Pioneer TS-A1685R ( on a sound testing note, they have a Dryer bass compare to OEM less the bass is less punching, But the overall sound a a lot less fuzzy and more precise, of course i don't use a AMP than might also be why the bass is less punchy overall the quality and precision of the sound is a lot better). So i used 1/2 inch installer spacer ( you know those black ring the sell) to help fit because of the stupid not so round hole. also put some dynamat extreme ( it really does work). i use the provided screw ( with the speakers) drill hole ( only 3 screw fit was not able to have 4 screw, because of that square hole a the at the bottom of door, anyway) . so everything fit fit fine. except that a have electric buzzing with bass, and the sound juste cut like a the circuit shuting itself to protect from short circuit. i found the problem, the screw, the metal screws touch the metal of the speaker frame, and are fixed in the metal of the door, i tested speaker un mounted, no problem, i touch the speaker frame with the screws at same time than my door... ( seem like the screw gound the speakers ) buzzing sound or the sound shut off on the whole system, is that normal? i mean i thought speakers were made to be installed like that. any idea for a solution, i might be able to use plastic washers, to isolate ( and maybe some electric tape too) but i found that pretty strange cause everywhere i read i see that you just screw you Speakers on the door. no mention of screws grounding the speakers. i hope i was clear enough ( English is not my mother tongue ) did it happen to any of you? Thank you!

Old 07-11-2013, 12:11 PM
5 Year Member
One proble Fix here come a other

Hello, ( my fit is a 2007 sport model) so i did fix my noise problem, i use small screw to fix my speakers in the plastic ring ( the ring was 1/2 inch thick so i used 3/8 number 8 screws it is sturdy enough.) so that way not metal from speaker touch the car so not grounding issue. BUT i never had any problem with my stock speaker. and now i really regret my move. yesterday i did all my 'screwing' lol. i broke my to small plastic triangle, the TWO of them. you know those black plastic beside rear windows. But i at least my problem was solves... so i use my car to go to another city yesterday 2:00h of rode everything is fine But on the return driver my sound just cut. all speaker stopped. the 6 of them. when i stoped the car i turn it back on. the came back... YEEEEE... for 30 second and thy stop again. even with low volume. nothing work. they just stop. my brother say it my be the impedance. but they are 4 ohms, and i looked around and seem like the Stock one were also 4 ohms, of near that value. that problem was not there before. are my speaker killing my head unit? anybody have so idead. there a older thread about a similar problem. anyway any help or suggestion will be appreciated. oh yeah anybody know is i can buy those plastic triangle alone? or are they expensive? those are the INSIDE plastic not the ones outside :-)

Last edited by Sylak; 07-11-2013 at 12:14 PM.