Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Good smells and vibes

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 09:27 PM
Good smells and vibes

In my old car, which was a few years ago. I joined the Army and did not need a car for a while. Now I got a Fit! YeY! Storm Silver Sport AT

Anyways =P I had this err mesh type baggy of "good smelling stuff" that a girlfriend of mine got me. It was decorative smelly stuff. SO I smashed it up with a hammer (which got me in trouble) and for a long long time my car smelled awsome... Till I sold it. I was later forgiven for the smashing because the smelly idea worked =P I would like some more of this smelly stuff. It was like.. seed pods and er sticks and some other... stuff? I guess I belong in the Army lol. It worked great before and I'd love to get some more. Any idea what it is called. The only thing that I can come up with is potpurri or however it is spelled and then all I find is like smelly wood chips.

I could use the dangly tree but my car is all about class! A dangly looks tacky and is not lazy enough! When your in the "field" (Read as woods camping) for a few weeks at a time the disposables are pointless. I want a pleasant stick for a longer duration! =P

Comments and suggestions MORE than encouaged!

Muchos love!
Billzum

Old 09-26-2006, 09:59 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
My guess is that it was a potpourri bag? I believe that those bags are used inside dressers to keep clothes smelling good..... They work well!

They do make some sort of beads used for what looks like a mini crock-pot. Once they get hot the smell GREAT. Not so sure about clean up. Im sure if they get too hot they would melt (since theyre designed too) and make a mess.

Old 09-26-2006, 10:34 PM
Banned
Try Bed Bath and Beyond or the Body Shop in the mall near you, don't be afraid to ask questions of the cute attendants, even manly men need some good smells every now and then.
Who knows you might even get a date out of it!
What you are looking for is called a Sachet(sa-schey)A.K.A bag of nice smelling seeds and twigs.
They even sell them at Victorias Secret...
I used to think that was all girly crap till I had a girlfriend who dragged me into those places and opened my eyes up!!
For real men though look for the Meat scented ones on the net Wood fired bar-b-q and Bacon HMMM...

Last edited by zonianjohn; 09-26-2006 at 10:37 PM.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by zonianjohn
For real men though look for the Meat scented ones on the net Wood fired bar-b-q and Bacon HMMM...

Hell yes I'm going to get me some of these MEAT Scents!

Good deal on the err sachet thanger though. Sounds just about right for a bag of potpuri. I cannot even spell it... I'M A NEANDERTHAL!

Old 10-01-2006, 10:59 PM
Just wanted to chime in and say the best scent I have found for my Fit is actually in the form of a small votive candle.

Yankee candles made this scent called Autumn Lodge. I love it! It reminds me of sweet pipe tobacco. I'm sure that sounds disgusting to most, but it really does smell good.

Any ways, I peeled back the plastic on the candle and put it in the rear cupholder. The scent is mild yet always there. :thumb up:

Old 10-02-2006, 10:02 PM
Just get a JDM squash air freshener and call it good