Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

MobileWatchman security

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 09:18 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
MobileWatchman security

A lady I know uses this product, and it might be a good one for those who invest a lot in their Fit:
Mobile Watchman Car Camera Security Systems - Home

It has four cameras, and audio. It can not only record when you aren't in your car, but can be run while you ARE in your car.

A few people have been hit and run while driving, and now you'd have PROOF of who did it.

And of door dings, keying, or other vandalism. It sounds like a good system from what the person said and what I'm reading on the web site.

Does anyone here use it?

Old 03-19-2010, 10:03 PM
5 Year Member
Good to see you back here.TaffetaWhite
This looks like a good big brother cam.

Old 03-20-2010, 09:56 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit
Good to see you back here.TaffetaWhite
This looks like a good big brother cam.
I pop in and out. Been following all the Toyota recalls.

Recently I found some stuff in the street that didn't belong there, and called in to the police. They came out, picked it up, took a report. Some of the stuff was tons of keys, on several different key rings. Including a car key.

Maybe less than a week later, I got a call from a neighboring police department, asking for more details. Turns out the items had been stolen in a home burglary.

I bet they were glad to get back their keys. Lost keys suck. Of course, I have NO idea who dumped the items there. But if I, or anyone else parked adjacent to that spot had this mobilewatchman thing, it would have filmed the car and people that dumped the items. I think it would have, anyway.

So even if it wasn't your car or a car theft or damage, it could have nailed some criminals. Which would be great!

Same thing with the wheel thefts mentioned here occasionally. You could not only film someone stealing YOUR wheels, but might be able to film someone stealing someone else's wheels. Or breaking into the car.

Do you know how fast we could shut down various crimes if many of us had that kind of recording security device? Might be able to catch wheel thieves the first time they do it, rather than letting them keep stealing wheels.