Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

TWB with smoked headlights - Wut'ya think?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by SD_MR_FIT
no dont get those.

for the fogs just get the lamin-x. its worth the 15 bucks. its a cleaner look, it actually has a purpose to it. and yeah.

vht personally sucks. i would rather do an over lay. if you do the vht spray wrong it could turn out very ugly looking. at first it may look good, but over
time it starts to look like matte black.

Thanks for the heads-up. I won't attempt vht, and since taking the headlights apart is somewhat complicated I probably won't do that either. However now that I've sampled smoked lights, I REALLY REALLY want them!! I'm bummed. Maybe I'll paint the fog housings next and ponder the headlights a little longer. Where's the best place to look at SSM & NBP headlights? (hopefully I remembered the correct acronyms - I don't even know what those stand for).

Old 03-04-2008, 06:10 PM
5 Year Member
I think it's a little too dark. if you had a very light tint, it would look better i think.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by Squirrely
Thanks for the heads-up. I won't attempt vht, and since taking the headlights apart is somewhat complicated I probably won't do that either. However now that I've sampled smoked lights, I REALLY REALLY want them!! I'm bummed. Maybe I'll paint the fog housings next and ponder the headlights a little longer. Where's the best place to look at SSM & NBP headlights? (hopefully I remembered the correct acronyms - I don't even know what those stand for).
This is a fun thread on this site that I got help putting together you might want to check it out-
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...fit-lingo.html

It has to do with the particular "lingo" found on this site.
and acronyms are included....enjoy

Old 03-05-2008, 08:12 PM
to me i wouldn't do that to my headlights or tail-lights. i'm not a fan of blacked out headlights.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:54 PM
FitFreak lingo

Thanks Snap Fit,

I once again read your worthy acronym post (thanks for your work BTW) and I'm a little more informed. It ought to be on everyone's screen at all times so you can quickly check something while reading - not sure if that's possible. Oh, question! I thought the official name of the tidewater blue was TWB, but it's posted as TBM (Tidewater Blue Metalic). Maybe both should be there???
I reread today the post on taking the headlights apart for painting, but I'm afraid I have to pass on that. My luck - the lights would leak after all was said and done. So I guess my boring (but bright) headlights will remain for the time beingunless I manage to find a 'better way' (suddenly Kumbaya is playing in my head - strange synapse, sorry).
So sad...on to other things I guess.

Originally Posted by Snap Fit
This is a fun thread on this site that I got help putting together you might want to check it out-
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...fit-lingo.html

It has to do with the particular "lingo" found on this site.
and acronyms are included....enjoy

Old 03-05-2008, 09:59 PM
FYI I read today that VHT should NOT be applied to plastic or acrylic because over time it becomes very cloudy.