Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

Finally! Pics of Arashi :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 05:29 PM
Finally! Pics of Arashi :)

Hey guys! I've been a member of this site for quite a while, just wanted to post some pics of my 2007 SSM Sport AT. Has about 25K on it, loved every second of it. I named him Arashi, because Arashi in Japanese means Storm, and well it's SSM, so I guess that works haha. My boyfriend and I just completed the autozone intake, even though we ended up buying a K&N over the Spectre cone that Autozone had, just because I'm somewhat of a brand whore for filters. If you don't "get" my rear license plate, well then you're lame. Anyway, hope you guys enjoy it! Give me criticism, but please use the sandwich method! LOL

-Mugen Visors
-Flat black painted headlamps and foglamp surrounds
-Yellow painted foglamp lenses (used Japanese lens paint available at most tuner shops)
-Stock tow hook painted red in engine enamel (have the S2000 extension on order, we'll see how that looks)
-Sid Short Ram Intake (SSR) with K & N cone filter.
-Asimo doll
-Dash cover (hey i live in so cal, where it regularly tips 1,000 degrees, but at least I didn't use the sticky velcro things!)

Name:  DSC02359.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  85.3 KB
Name:  DSC02356.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  77.5 KB
Name:  DSC02357.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  80.9 KB

Last edited by Arashi; 04-21-2008 at 09:12 PM.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:30 PM
Sorry for it being kinda dirty, gonna let the sealer on the headlights and the paint on the fogs set for a day or two before washing it!

Old 04-20-2008, 05:43 PM
Retired Moderator
Looks like it needs a drop, but other then that looks good!

Tyler

Old 04-20-2008, 05:48 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Looks great. I like the name too.

Old 04-20-2008, 07:16 PM
Thanks guys! I know it needs a drop but seriously some of the driveways here are made only for lifted trucks... there are some I can't even make up in stock form (or won't even try) so I'm really kinda hesitant on lowering it any more than stock. Don't want the "Dachshund stuck on a speedbump" syndrome you know? lol

Old 04-20-2008, 07:21 PM
nice ssm!

how did you paint the foglight housing, the lens and the headlight?

Old 04-20-2008, 07:27 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Looks good so far, I like the stock tow hook painted, I actually thought about trying that a long time ago but never did.

Old 04-20-2008, 08:05 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
Originally Posted by smatts
Looks good so far, I like the stock tow hook painted, I actually thought about trying that a long time ago but never did.
yeah it looks good!

Old 04-20-2008, 08:07 PM
It's definitely a work in progress and I'm by no means done! Thanks for the compliments, they're really appreciated! I painted my headlights using the method described by smeister, thank you again! As far as the foglamps and the surround-things (for lack of better term) we just basically took them off, sanded them down, primered them with black primer a few times and then covered them with a few nice coats of flat black paint from autozone. It wasn't krylon, it was whatever they had and I can't remember the name lol I'll find out for you though! The lens paint is by the same company I believe that makes "nightshade" for smoking headlights, but obviously this was the yellow paint. If there are any "tune shops" in your local mall or kiosks they should surely have it, as neither pep boys or autozone carries it as far as I know. The katakana on the front of the can reads "yellow fog", but as far as kanji goes I can't read it haha. To use it, just seperate them from the surrounds, rub them with alcohol to clean them and apply a few nice coats and let dry! It's really easy

Old 04-20-2008, 08:24 PM
here are a few more pics...

My boyfriend with Arashi's bumper completely off...
Name:  Image009.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  184.2 KB
gloomy morning
Name:  Image010.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  120.0 KB
front view
Name:  Image011.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  93.2 KB

Name:  Image012.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  64.3 KB
side profile
Name:  Image016.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  114.4 KB

Name:  Image017.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  108.7 KB

The difference between the stock color and one coat of black primer...
Name:  Image008.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  130.8 KB

That's it for now i'll try to post up some evening shots with the fogs on if I can!

Last edited by Arashi; 04-20-2008 at 08:27 PM.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:34 PM
As far as the tow hook goes, I have an S2000 extension on order, which basically is just a short extender for the stock tow hook, it was only like 4 bucks so i'm gonna try it to see how it looks, could go either way. If it looks crap, it's gone lol. I really wanted to buy a towhook but honestly, $100 for a hanging piece of metal? My intake, along with all the paint to do this was around that! Besides, I don't wanna worry about someone stealing it, and the stock one, as you guys said too, looks fine! To paint it I just got some bright red engine enamel, primered it with the same flat black primer as we used on the headlights and foglamps and used that, took a few coats but it seems to be stuck on there pretty well.

Old 04-20-2008, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by Arashi
It's definitely a work in progress and I'm by no means done! Thanks for the compliments, they're really appreciated! I painted my headlights using the method described by smeister, thank you again! As far as the foglamps and the surround-things (for lack of better term) we just basically took them off, sanded them down, primered them with black primer a few times and then covered them with a few nice coats of flat black paint from autozone. It wasn't krylon, it was whatever they had and I can't remember the name lol I'll find out for you though! The lens paint is by the same company I believe that makes "nightshade" for smoking headlights, but obviously this was the yellow paint. If there are any "tune shops" in your local mall or kiosks they should surely have it, as neither pep boys or autozone carries it as far as I know. The katakana on the front of the can reads "yellow fog", but as far as kanji goes I can't read it haha. To use it, just seperate them from the surrounds, rub them with alcohol to clean them and apply a few nice coats and let dry! It's really easy
thanks!!!!

Old 04-20-2008, 10:59 PM
Why so serious?
5 Year Member
Super clean, and props on the DIY intake!

Old 04-20-2008, 11:02 PM
5 Year Member
nice. how did you get the stock tow hook to mount like that. when i put mine in, its all diagonal and stuff

Old 04-21-2008, 12:02 AM
Thanks guys! You know honestly, I don't know I guess it's just how it's threaded... because it's not perfectly straight if you look closely but it's close enough. The tow hook is all the way as tight as it will go. I suppose if you got it in a certain spot you liked, you could just put a little locktite in it to hold it in place, ever thought of that? Might be perfect!

Old 04-21-2008, 12:06 AM
Originally Posted by Sid 6.7
Super clean, and props on the DIY intake!
Thank you Sid, honestly your intake (it's officially called that now, I said so..) is incredible. It holds in place really well and is just all in all a really perfect design. I bow to your engineering prowess

Old 04-21-2008, 12:11 AM
5 Year Member
looks good!needs a drop asap!!

Old 04-21-2008, 12:48 AM
As far as the tow hook goes, I have an S2000 extension on order, which basically is just a short extender for the stock tow hook, it was only like 4 bucks so i'm gonna try it to see how it looks, could go either way. If it looks crap, it's gone lol. I really wanted to buy a towhook but honestly, $100 for a hanging piece of metal? My intake, along with all the paint to do this was around that! Besides, I don't wanna worry about someone stealing it, and the stock one, as you guys said too, looks fine! To paint it I just got some bright red engine enamel, primered it with the same flat black primer as we used on the headlights and foglamps and used that, took a few coats but it seems to be stuck on there pretty well.

Man, it looks like I might have to pull out my tow hook and see what I can do to make it look as cool as yours!! Good job!!!

Old 04-21-2008, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by Jujutzin
Man, it looks like I might have to pull out my tow hook and see what I can do to make it look as cool as yours!! Good job!!!
Thanks buddy! It's actually really easy, just use a pair of pliers to hold it in the air by the screw part, rather than setting it down on the ground. You'll get a much more even coat. We didn't do this until the last two coats, and I think when all was said and done my towhook had like two coats of black primer and like 6 coats of red enamel cuz we kept setting it down, LOL

Don't forget to post pics either!

Old 04-21-2008, 01:45 PM
RDS
Thanks buddy! It's actually really easy, just use a pair of pliers to hold it in the air by the screw part, rather than setting it down on the ground. You'll get a much more even coat. We didn't do this until the last two coats, and I think when all was said and done my towhook had like two coats of black primer and like 6 coats of red enamel cuz we kept setting it down, LOL

Don't forget to post pics either!
You had better be at the Eibach meet next month. May 18 10a-5p. You live in Corona so you have no excuse not to go. lol

Quick Reply: Finally! Pics of Arashi :)