Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

Now I want a Sunroof!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 01:21 AM
Now I want a Sunroof!

Check out this video of an 09 BSP with an installed sunroof that actually opens! I WANT one!

YouTube - 2009 Honda Fit with Webasto TVS 935 Sunroof

Old 09-26-2008, 06:45 AM
5 Year Member
Not bad, but I don't like that it's 2 pieces. I don't like the smaller front one that stays up when the back one is open. $1900 installed may be a tad much though.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:08 AM
Very nice but $1,900? I don't think so. I have a had a sun roof in my last four cars and have only used them a handful of times.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:08 AM
5 Year Member
Definately like that. Plus the techno makes it THAT much cooler

Old 09-26-2008, 11:25 AM
the 2 piece thing screams scion TC

Old 09-26-2008, 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by fliptwister
Very nice but $1,900? I don't think so. I have a had a sun roof in my last four cars and have only used them a handful of times.
My thoughts exactly. It is a very nice product, but let's not forget, this is basically an economy car, and when you start adding luxury features, the price of the finished vehicle climbs dramatically, not to mention the added weight and change in handling characteristics.

But, if you've got the money, and you want to have a 'unique' Fit...

Old 09-26-2008, 02:12 PM
I agree

I agree...the price is steep, but my current vehicle has a sunroof and I do like it. My fit was built September 15th so I'm still waiting. This is the least expensive vehicle I've ever owned, but it wasn't the price that sold me, it was the reliability, the safety features, the interior space, AND the FE!! This forum has been invaluable in regards to inside information on the Fit. You can read the car reviews til you're blue in the face, but this forum offers real world experiences. (Thanks all you Fit Freaks!) Lurked a long time before finding the courage to post. I will probably wait with the sunroof til maybe next summer; with my trade-in, I'm hoping to pay my Fit off quickly. In the meantime, I continue to wait with jealousy of all the new 09 owners!!

Old 09-26-2008, 03:50 PM
I don't mind the front piece...won't have to install a wind deflector. However, my concern is leakage. It rains like cats and dogs in Houston...all year long.

Old 09-26-2008, 07:46 PM
5 Year Member
group buy, that is hawt.

Old 09-26-2008, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member
yeah i saw someone who was selling their 07 fit with one of these installed, very nice, you find these things installed in high end cars usually

crazy expensive!!!

Old 09-28-2008, 12:44 AM
5 Year Member
Love it!

Guys, no doubt it is not a cheap option, but $1,900 is MSRP! In reality this thing is much cheaper. Give it a few months and it will be even cheaper. Also everything can be negotiated. Webasto dealers are all over the place. get out off the metropolitan areas and into the bunnies and watch the price come down. I am watching Webasto web site for a year now.

Like FitFreakette stated, this is the cheapest car some of us ever purchased and the only one to be without a moon roof. To us it is worthed option. I know I will go with it once I get an '09!
Custom upholstered interior as well including seat heater/cooler/massage option. Webasto Seat Comfort

Some of you are spending $1K on intake and a muffler. I find that pointless considering the gains and the fact this is an economy car. Don't get me wrong I put a muffler on my Fit. It was my old GSR Tanabe muffler. I also took it off recently. I like the car nice and quiet when I zoom by faster machinery in the twisties! Maybe because I am 38 years old! LOL!
Forced induction is the only thing worth considering for power gains, but I find it ridiculous at $4,500+ for the gains too on a $17-18K vehicle. Home brewed baby is the only option. It also makes it fun to create something instead of just bolting it on.
Again, to each his own.

2008 Honda Fit with Hollandia TVS 940

Ivan
To each his own.

Old 09-28-2008, 01:18 AM
Originally Posted by ciburri
get out off the metropolitan areas and into the bunnies and watch the price come down.
The bunnies? You mean like these?

Last edited by mdm427; 09-28-2008 at 01:22 AM.
Old 09-28-2008, 02:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mdm427
The bunnies? You mean like these?
no, as "a middle of nowhere" kind of a "rabbit"! What is the correct spelling for what I was trying to say anyway? I am not a native English speaker and I do not mind being corrected and learning in the process! I use spell checker at all times, unfortunately not all of them have thesaurus!
Ivan

Old 09-28-2008, 02:54 AM
Not really a fan of the 2 piece ones but I wouldnt mind having one of these: 2008 Honda Fit with Hollandia 312 Power Spoiler Sunroof

Old 09-28-2008, 08:59 AM
There were several to choose from on that site posted by its.ryu. I may like the one piece sunroof better as that's what I currently have on my vehicle. Any idea about the cost of some of those bad boys? Roughly the same?

Old 09-28-2008, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by ciburri
no, as "a middle of nowhere" kind of a "rabbit"! What is the correct spelling for what I was trying to say anyway? I am not a native English speaker and I do not mind being corrected and learning in the process! I use spell checker at all times, unfortunately not all of them have thesaurus!
Ivan
I'm glad you took it as a good natured ribbing. After I posted that, I was afraid it might be taken wrong.

BTW, it's boonies. It's slang for the word boondocks, which basically means a rural area.

Old 09-28-2008, 12:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mdm427
I'm glad you took it as a good natured ribbing. After I posted that, I was afraid it might be taken wrong.

BTW, it's boonies. It's slang for the word boondocks, which basically means a rural area.
Thanks for the explanation mdm427! The way it is spelled it actually makes sense the way it is pronounced!

Originally Posted by FitFreakette
There were several to choose from on that site posted by its.ryu. I may like the one piece sunroof better as that's what I currently have on my vehicle. Any idea about the cost of some of those bad boys? Roughly the same?
I have seen Webasto Finlandia moon roofs installed on showroom displayed Fit's in two local dealerships (single pane type you are interested in). They listed the option at $1,200.00 and that was no doubt with their added mark up! Find Webasto dealer outside your metropolitan area and negotiate. I have no doubt dealing directly with them is cheaper than going through a dealer.
This double pane type is a new model. They also have true dual pane larger in size just like a Mini Cooper. No doubt that one has some kind of reinforcement frame that restores structural rigidity lost by cutting roof beam between B pillars. it definitely ads more weight, but so is the larger glass pane. I like this smaller version where front piece acts as a deflector. The only thing I am concerned with it is the fact that straight edge creates more wind noise when open. That is why new OEM units have deflectors that pop up and have multi-curved trailing edge. It definitely makes a difference!

Ivan

Old 10-03-2008, 06:05 PM
5 Year Member
nice crx any plans on boost?

Old 10-03-2008, 11:48 PM
guinness has a sunroof in his 1st gen, power sliding looks like stock but its not. he had it done. it looks real good.

Old 10-04-2008, 12:19 AM
5 Year Member
I used to install sunroofs, Webasto makes a great product.

Quick Reply: Now I want a Sunroof!