Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

Show me: What can you fit in your Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 04:26 AM
I don't have pictures, but I fit this handtruck in the backseat in tall mode. Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

I also threw in some shopping bags around it. My trunk space was already full of other stuff.

My favorite thing is having people stare as you basically show off the clown car.

See this? This huge dolly/adirondack chairs/television/washing machine/whatever-you-want-to-put-here? Watch it go in this car...

hehe. I bought this car specifically for this reason. It has the convenience of a hatchback except that it has 4-doors and reasonably comfortable back seats.

Old 01-09-2009, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member

This is my oven and wood swing we bought over the summer. Slid right in!

Old 01-17-2009, 12:54 AM
8ft long board.. ive had 2 sets of rims with tires in here, a flat panel tv in the box, etc etc.. but i dont wanna scratch any panels, if i didnt care, i could put way more in there

Old 01-17-2009, 04:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by runbikerun

This is my oven and wood swing we bought over the summer. Slid right in!
lol! i think this deserves biggest item award rep

Old 01-22-2009, 01:54 AM
5 Year Member
not as big as others posted but the biggest thing ive fit in so far.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:18 AM
5 Year Member
i wish i had taken pictures of my fit all packed up when I moved to Rhode Island...it was pretty damn full.

SHG_Mike and I also fit our coffee table, kitchen table, two chairs, dresser, and two floor lamps in my fit. (all disassembled in boxes)

Old 01-24-2009, 10:15 AM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tcdonaghey
My wife and I are confused about the cargo space in a hatchback.

She grew up rattling around the back of an old-fashioned station wagon. I grew up riding in small sedans. We drive a five-year-old Civic now and are about to need to fill our trunk with baby gear (strollers and so on).

The Fit supposedly has over 20 cubic feet of space behind the back seat. Our trunk has a little over 12. Yet the Fits we've seen look tiny through the back window. And our trunk looks pretty large (although of course the ceiling is a bit lower).

What can you actually fit in back there? How is the space bigger than what I see under my trunk lid?

Please - post photos! Show me what I haven't seen yet (as all the photos here seem to be of the cars' outsides)!
How about this handy overhead shot showing a llama in a 2008?
http://automobiles.honda.com/images/...y/gal_lg12.jpg

Old 01-24-2009, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by ilovemyGD3
not as big as others posted but the biggest thing ive fit in so far.

sweet tv bro. i have the same one but a 50 inch. good to see that it fits in the car

Old 05-09-2009, 03:51 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Alrightly.... Went to a few places today. Got my mom something for mommies day, weve been redoing our landscaping in the front yard. We needed more top soil, my parents were slackin. I was by Home Depot, loaded up the Fit.

15 bags of top soil.
Yes it rubbed all the way home, my tires were smoking, burning, melting, anything you want to say.
*LAUGHS at people that bitch about rubbing*

:0

Old 05-09-2009, 04:15 PM
FALCON PUNCH!!
5 Year Member
Mudding, hauling... is there anything Vivian CAN'T do?!

Old 05-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Go fast?
Id love to put a hitch on the back and tow another Fit. Now that would be a sick rolling shot. HAHHA!

Old 05-09-2009, 04:39 PM
FALCON PUNCH!!
5 Year Member
Whatchu talkin bout? You were K-swapped at the crooked drags... remember?

Old 05-09-2009, 06:10 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Thats true.... I have a Save the SOHC decal on my hood right now.

Old 05-09-2009, 10:23 PM
5 Year Member
she looked so good when you came up to my job today everyone was sweating her on how low you where!;0)

btw are your tires ok? caus it looks like your side wall was messd up

Old 05-09-2009, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member
lol^^^ that is awesome...

Old 06-01-2009, 11:53 PM
I went camping last weekend, and I was all excited to be able to post in this thread, I thought my car was going to be packed with stuff....so I loaded it all up, grabbed my camera, and realized it wasn't even half full lol. SOOOO much cargo room, I love this car!

Old 06-07-2009, 10:17 PM
5 Year Member
okay, no picture but this weekend the boyfriend and I fit a bed, entertainment center, chair, and large desk in addition to many small items from ikea. Took us two trips because of the way the backseats fold down (lame that the double seat is on the drivers side)
we still needed both of us to fit in the car so we had to make another trip.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:52 PM
ive put dresser draws, a big screen tv,
boxes, 4 16inch wheels. & alot more
its good on spare a stroller + toys & all that good stuff,
will def. have enough room.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:31 PM
5 Year Member
cool thread..went ot the store today and picked up a bookcase, a 5 piece dinning set, and a plant..

I couldn't help but to smirk at the people passing by my car with faces like: Daaaamn, you can fit all that in there? lol the two standing boxes were both 85" long, almost hitting the shifter..
This is nothing though.. I should have taken a pic back when I was moving from my old apartment..from the front seats back, the car was absolutely filled to capacity.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:23 AM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
No photos, just the story. I've been hitting Cost Plus for all kinds of things. I'd picked out a table and two chairs. They were out of stock when I went the first time. So I had to wait. Today figured I'd check in. And not only did they have the table and two chairs in, but the chairs I REALLY liked were on sale. I opted for the chairs I really liked and the table.

The lady and man who were both working the warehouse area come out to ask me what kind of car I have. Because the boxes are REALLY big. And do I live close? Can I make more than one trip?

I said it was fine if I have to make THREE trips, one for each piece as long as each piece will fit. And I wouldn't be against taking the stuff out of the boxes either, in case one of the boxes will not fit no matter matter what.

I told the little woman that I have a Honda Fit. She looks at me like an idiot. That kind of quizzical look and I realized she had NO IDEA what I meant. Sort of like that "Who's on first" gag? They want to know what car so they will know if stuff WILL fit, and I say "It's a Fit". Anyway, it was weird. I said it's a little Honda. It's a hatchback. A Fit. Like a little station wagon. A FIT.

They disappear into the back room again. And I chat up a storm with the young lady while waiting (and sometimes I help bag too, LOL).

The two people come from the back room with a FREIGHT DOLLY and the little woman is totally dwarfed by boxes. So off we three head for my car.

I point at the car. They both say that the stuff isn't going to fit.

Presto chango, I flip the seats down, the cargo cover off, the hatch open, the two doors open, and IN slides the table (that wasn't going to fit). And both chairs in boxes slide right in the back hatch, next to each other.

And there was tons of room left over. I mean that there was about a grocery paper bag size (the long edge) width between the back of the car and the boxes. Enough room to have put maybe 5 grocery bags in the back without stacking them on top.

The whole back area was still available for more stuff. LOL!

They were AMAZED. I was kind of amazed too.

Again I mentioned it's name, saying that I was pretty sure things will fit in my FIT and I pointed to the name of the car as the hatch was closed.

It was at that point I think they realized I wasn't a complete moron, LOL, and that "FIT" was a Honda model.

Best thing about many stores these days, is that they have the carton dimensions online. Cost Plus World Market does, and so does IKEA. So we can all CHECK before buying something, to see if it will fit. Although I wasn't going to get those chairs, until I saw them on sale.

I got two of these chairs...the link isn't breaking right, it's the Loft OFFICE chairs in the office section at World Market...
http://www.worldmarket.com
Approx. Weight: 46.42lbs. Shipping Dimensions: 29.3"W x 27"L x 15.7"H

The table has disappeared from their website, but it's a 30" square table.

Just the day before that, I had the back seats in high mode, to use for transporting large houseplants from Home Depot.

I sure do love my FIT.

Last edited by TaffetaWhite; 06-19-2009 at 06:29 AM.

Quick Reply: Show me: What can you fit in your Fit?