Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

Interior is done!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 10:26 PM
5 Year Member
Interior is done!

just wanted to post some pics of my weekend project, and man did it turn out good!

Name:  IMG_0466.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  109.2 KB
Name:  IMG_0455.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  90.1 KB
Name:  IMG_0462.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  83.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0458.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  91.2 KB
Name:  IMG_0457.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  93.7 KB

I also did a little side project too, i ended up painting the spoiler black in a few spots

Name:  IMG_0468.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  120.8 KB
Name:  IMG_0465.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  121.3 KB
Name:  IMG_0464.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  113.8 KB
Name:  IMG_0463.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  108.5 KB

New Sticker Too!

Name:  IMG_0469.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  57.1 KB

some new additions

Name:  IMG_0493.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  69.6 KB
Name:  IMG_0475.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  110.1 KB

Last edited by xonexlifex; 01-08-2010 at 02:50 AM.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:36 PM
5 Year Member
so youre not gonna drop the car?

cool interior

Old 10-18-2009, 11:16 PM
Car looks great my friend. Nice interior trim, and love the fit badge on your dash. [how's it stick on? I can't seem to stick anything on that dash]
Was this all DIY?

Old 10-18-2009, 11:31 PM
5 Year Member
AWESOME

+rep

Old 10-18-2009, 11:46 PM
5 Year Member
lol no one can look past the issue of lowering the car. you do a lot of work to the car and everything looks very well done and i'm impressed with how the paint came out on your lip.

i've seen other people do that to their lip but i'm more curious to see what it would look like to have that carried on to the sideskirts and rear lip to make it all match the front lip. you could follow that line along the sideskirts and i think that would look pretty cool. did you have any thoughts of doing this

Old 10-18-2009, 11:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mattaru
Car looks great my friend. Nice interior trim, and love the fit badge on your dash. [how's it stick on? I can't seem to stick anything on that dash]
Was this all DIY?
clean the spot with alcohol to remove and residue then get double sided 3M automotive double sided tape. i had mine of the dash for a while before i started to hate it and ripped it off.

Old 10-19-2009, 12:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fat Ping Cat
lol no one can look past the issue of lowering the car. you do a lot of work to the car and everything looks very well done and i'm impressed with how the paint came out on your lip.

i've seen other people do that to their lip but i'm more curious to see what it would look like to have that carried on to the sideskirts and rear lip to make it all match the front lip. you could follow that line along the sideskirts and i think that would look pretty cool. did you have any thoughts of doing this
yes i thought of doing this but i wanted to start with the front and see how it looked, it turned out nice and if get borred one day i might do it but once i do it its done i either got to paint it stock again or get new stuff, i only did the front bec the bottom was all messed up to hell bec of the curbs and stuff ive hit in the past so thats y i painted the front but i dont know if im going to paint the rest bec the other pieces arnt damaged yet, plus i wana see someone do it on here first!

Originally Posted by Mattaru
Was this all DIY?
yep it was allllllll diy, it was really easy the funny thing was for me the back panels were easier than the front eventhough the front panels came out and the back one you had to cut the material exact and push it into the grooves around the panel

Originally Posted by DreaMv
so youre not gonna drop the car?

cool interior
thanx man, i really appreciate it! it looks awesome!

Old 10-19-2009, 12:19 AM
5 Year Member
Nice very guns and roses ish

Old 10-19-2009, 03:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fit4Trav
Nice very guns and roses ish
Skulls and roses maybee? Hahahaha thanx bud. I tried my best

Old 10-19-2009, 12:18 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Good job and now you can say you have a one of kind Fit - can't wait until you take it back to the dealership to see what they have to say!
Paint looks really nice - turned out very good.

Cat :x

Old 10-19-2009, 01:19 PM
5 Year Member
Looks good man. Keep it up. The front lip painting, Im still thinking about doing that but been holding it up for a while hehe. Take care

Old 10-19-2009, 01:37 PM
5 Year Member
Wow, the interior looks awesome! I really like the fabric and it looks like it's really clean done.

My Fit is the same color, I also have the interior trim kit

How hard is it to get the door panels off? How did you put the fabric on, just on top of the stock trim? What kind of glue?

Old 10-19-2009, 02:08 PM
5 Year Member
1 more thing

i like how you tied in the tiny little ledge on the dash to the rest of the car with the fabric

very nice

Old 10-19-2009, 02:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cat
Good job and now you can say you have a one of kind Fit - can't wait until you take it back to the dealership to see what they have to say!
Paint looks really nice - turned out very good.

Cat :x
ya my uncle works as a mechanic at a huge honda dealership in dublin, i cant wait to stop by and show everyone, i love going to the dealership where i got it from in town and getting parts and stuff and everyone cant believe its a fit! thanx for everything!

Originally Posted by Nigh-T Pedri
Looks good man. Keep it up. The front lip painting, Im still thinking about doing that but been holding it up for a while hehe. Take care
thanx bud, ya the front lip painting makes the whole fit look totally different, im kinda glad i messed it up on the curbs and stuff bec maybe i wouldnt have got the nerve to do it if it wasnt messed up. you should do it man before it gets too cold, its sooooooo easy to do and it comes out amazing.

Originally Posted by Mela_SC
Wow, the interior looks awesome! I really like the fabric and it looks like it's really clean done.

My Fit is the same color, I also have the interior trim kit

How hard is it to get the door panels off? How did you put the fabric on, just on top of the stock trim? What kind of glue?
thanx man! the door panels are easy to take off, there are three clips underneath the handle part of the door, push the clips in and remove the plastic piece, there should be 3 or 4 philips screws holding the door mold panel to the door, screw those out and then pull the door off, theres clips all around the door so pull kinda hard, take the door handle out by taking the screw out and sliding the handle either forward or backwards to get it free and release the rod from the back of the handle and then ur done.

heres the link to where i saw how to do it

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...or-panels.html

i put the fabric right over the stock fabric, i used this 3m high strength 90 spray adhesive that i got from lowes, it sticks soooooooooooooo good! i just took the front panels off and took the fabric part out by taking the screws out from the back and drilling the plugs out that are holding it on. i did the back ones by cutting the material as close as i could to size and put the fabric on the panel and cut the extra material off and used a butter knife to push the material in the edges around the panel, dont worry you dont need much glue around the edges bec it wedges in there real snug. and thats it!

Old 10-19-2009, 02:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by krakhed
1 more thing

i like how you tied in the tiny little ledge on the dash to the rest of the car with the fabric

very nice
yep thanx bud i think im going to do a cover for the shift knob too, just to see wat it looks like

Old 10-19-2009, 02:19 PM
5 Year Member
Wow, thanks for the explanation. Thought about doing my door panels and headliner, too! Don't want the boring greyish-black interior *lol*

Old 10-19-2009, 02:23 PM
5 Year Member
Very nice work.

Old 10-19-2009, 02:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mela_SC
Wow, thanks for the explanation. Thought about doing my door panels and headliner, too! Don't want the boring greyish-black interior *lol*
ya u shuld do it, the boring stock material sux
Originally Posted by JDMxGE8
Very nice work.
thanx man

Old 10-19-2009, 05:16 PM
5 Year Member
BTW, what's the thing on the lower part of your hood? Some self-adhesive foil? I wanted to do something about the ston chips, hubby suggested some adhesive carbon-fiber-look film for the whole hood, but I like your solution waaaay better!

Old 10-19-2009, 10:37 PM
5 Year Member
Its a magnet bra. Just type in magnet bra on ebay or on google and it will come up. Its only like 54 bux shipped off ebay from the vender.

Quick Reply: Interior is done!