Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

The Official Blaze Orange Metallic Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 12:54 AM
Originally Posted by pmabke
I just ordered a BOM Fit and can't wait to get it. How's the visibility looking out through the 5% tint? Your car looks great!
All my cars have had 5% tint so I am used to it.... At night you have to be careful when backing up. Trucks with blinding headlight will not bother you anymore.. I feel weird in an un tinted car people can see me.

I can sleep in the back of the FIT and no one can see me back there

Old 04-12-2007, 08:47 AM
May 2007 Fit of the Month Winner.
Thanks for the info on the tint. I have a little problem with night vision so I may opt for 15% in the rear. Any chance of posting sound clips with your intake and exhaust. I really like the muffler style. I prefer the dual outlet to those giant 3" or bigger single tips.

Old 04-18-2007, 03:23 PM
Hey everyone

I love my BOM fit!!!

I bought it last June and was on here a bunch at first, but
not lately - glad to be back!

Old 04-18-2007, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the info on the tint. I have a little problem with night vision so I may opt for 15% in the rear. Any chance of posting sound clips with your intake and exhaust. I really like the muffler style. I prefer the dual outlet to those giant 3" or bigger single tips.
here is a sound clip of the exhaust.

YouTube - FIT WOT

Old 04-18-2007, 04:01 PM
Exclamation

Re: pasted via Forum rules thread. Fit Freak Forum Rules
For our users, the Forum rules are simple. Please take note and follow them:

1) Please respect each other. No Personal Attacks on another member. This includes the use of profanity towards another user.

2) Do Not Harass another member.

3) No illegal activities allowed on this site.

4) No Adult or R-Rated content allowed.

Please be considerate when posting. Offensive postings/photos should be kept to the off topic dept where people know what to expect upon entering. Thank you

Old 04-18-2007, 11:21 PM
WOW did you convert your Fit to run on Caffiene??? SCHWEEEEEEET!

Originally Posted by monicak42
I love my BOM fit!!!

I bought it last June and was on here a bunch at first, but
not lately - glad to be back!

Old 04-19-2007, 12:31 AM
Thanks!! Great sound. Quite a lot of Fit videos on YouTube. I am still waiting for a date on my car. Orange manuals are a bit hard to find.

Old 04-19-2007, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by doogiefish
WOW did you convert your Fit to run on Caffiene??? SCHWEEEEEEET!
No, but it's operator does!

Old 05-07-2007, 09:20 AM
Hello. This past Saturday, before the Kentucky Derby, my husband bought me a BOM 5 speed manual! Of course, the car has to be built and shipped, so I don't have it yet

It is hopefully going to be built at the end of this month and I'm supposed to get it by late June or early July. I hope it comes sooner!! However, I've never driven a 5-speed before in my life, so my older brother is going to teach me soon in his 5-speed Focus hatchback! I figured if I am ever going to learn to drive one, I might as well get a new car to do it in! I have heard it is more fun than an automatic anyway!

So, when I get my car, I'll be sure to post pictures. I have never had a new car in the 24 years of my life, so this should be an exciting experience. Based on what I have read so far, I've picked an excellent first new car

Old 05-07-2007, 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by KentuckyFit
I have heard it is more fun than an automatic anyway!

So, when I get my car, I'll be sure to post pictures. I have never had a new car in the 24 years of my life, so this should be an exciting experience. Based on what I have read so far, I've picked an excellent first new car
Actually the sport Auto is very fun since we have a 5 speed trany that we can shift though the gears with paddles located on the steering cullum or if traffic is bad we can just stick it in drive. I own mostly manual cars but the FIT sport auto is the best of both worlds.

Last edited by rekcah; 05-07-2007 at 09:34 AM.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by KentuckyFit

Hey KF!! Glad you could join us here - I bought my BOM last year - ordered end of April and got the last car on the very first shipment of Fits to one of the dealers here in Austin. It was my very first brand new car as well!! I researched a lot of cars and the FIT was my first choice. It's amazing - I'm still in love with it after almost a year.

Good luck - let us know when you get your car!!

Old 05-07-2007, 08:35 PM
After 6 months of pacing like an expectant dad, I finally got my fit last month. Work has been so busy that I wasn't able to post until now. He is already one month old today. I wouldn't have any other car, Versa - frumpy, Yaris - uhh what happened there.

Old 05-09-2007, 04:40 PM
Well, I am finally going to a friend's house today to learn how to drive a 5-speed in preparation for the fit coming *hopefully* next month. Wish me luck on the whole learning thing

My friend taught his wife how to drive a 5-speed in an hour he said, so hopefully since I am a fast learner, I'll beat that!

Old 05-09-2007, 11:17 PM
5 Year Member
thats good!! the honda fit is the best i would say! but it also has its own bad things too... i think its just other accessories that is missing... other than that LOVE IT!!

don't be afraid while driving a 5speed. the first gear may be hard and after that, it is simple. just have to learn to balance the clutch transfering over to gas... its hard to teach someone to drive 5speed. its better if you just learn as you go. learn best from mistake right? (hopefully)

Old 05-10-2007, 08:44 AM
Well, my first lesson was.. a little jerky After about an hour, I finally figured out my friend's clutch. It was a 94 Civic with an old clutch in it, so it was difficult to learn on that one. I'm hoping my Fit will be slightly easier His clutch had a very, very small margine of where I could safely push the gas without burning the wheels off it His wife even said that car was hard to learn on, so hopefully since I felt comfortable with it about after an hour, I'll do ok in the Fit!

I think I may have one of my friends drive it home from the lot for me so I can practice with it on the back roads of my sub-division and get comfortable with it before I take it out into a lot of heavy traffic. The lot is pretty far from my house, and I've have to go through lots of redlights and interstates to get it home.

I think the three hardest things about driving a 5 speed are taking off from a dead stop, downshifting, and making the whole gear shifting second nature, without having to think about shifting I did fine on the shifting (I got it up to 3rd!) once I got on the road a little bit last night, so I think that will be easy for me.

I think my friend is planning to let me have a go at it again sometime before I get my car. He told me I was doing better than a lot of people would do on their first try.

Needless to say, we barked some tires and stalled some engine on my first tries! lol But, it's to be expected

I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Old 05-10-2007, 11:12 PM
I have not driven a stick for 12 years or so but am looking forward to getting my BOM 5M in a few days. I hope it's like riding a bike....and that I'll pick it up right away. From all I have read, the Fit manual shifter is very good.

My JDM coin holder came in today from ICBMotorsport.com (ebay auction). If my car were here you'd see that photo instead. Zeta dead pedal is next.....

Old 05-16-2007, 01:00 AM
Finally picked up my Fit today. What a great car!! Manual trans shifts like butter and the ergonomics are excellent. Really love how it handles. Had an '86 911 Cabriolet in my previous life and I have to say this car is just as much fun to drive. Can't wait until I have a few more miles on her so I can really open her up.

Here are a couple of photos.

Old 05-16-2007, 09:18 AM
awesome!

Finally picked up my Fit today. What a great car!! Manual trans shifts like butter and the ergonomics are excellent. Really love how it handles. Had an '86 911 Cabriolet in my previous life and I have to say this car is just as much fun to drive. Can't wait until I have a few more miles on her so I can really open her up.
Congratulations, pmabke! Enjoy your new car!
Great pics - looks just like mine, except I have to get a new back glass
installed today - somebody vandalized my FIT!!!

Old 05-16-2007, 11:38 AM
Damn, that sucks Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

Old 05-16-2007, 02:48 PM
Hello BOM Owners

Hey BOM crew:

I have been enjoying reading your posts and I just wanted to say "hello" from Colorado!

monicak42: I know how that feels and it sux. I hope you get it fixed as good as new. The nerve of some people...

pmabke: She is a beauty, of course Isn't it the most fun to drive? Amazing.

KentuckyFit: I have enjoyed reading about your learning to drive a stick and I wanted to let you know that it will become second nature faster than you think. And once you get the Fit it be like a dream compared to the old Civic. Keep us up to date...

xterrany: Congrats! Have you posted pics? I hear you about the Yaris, confusing little bugger.

Nice to see you all!

Quick Reply: The Official Blaze Orange Metallic Thread