Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

The Official Orangeburst Metallic Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 11:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GTRPLYR
Really nice night shot photo! The blue console lights are pretty cool too. Are the windows tinted? If so what %tint?
Thanks and yeah it's 27% tint, otherwise stock.

Old 12-21-2011, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by kat31m
I bought my 2012 Orangeburst Fit 1 month ago - loving it!!! I love to watch friends reactions when I tell them I have an ORANGE car - they try hard not to wince - then they see it - and wow o wow - my "pumpkinmobile" is a great ride. The 2012 orange is much better than previous years, for sure.
Some people I told weren't very shy about how they felt about an orange car. They parroted the word "Orange?!" in disbelief as if to infer why would anyone pick that color for a car. However, once they actually saw the car they went ooooh that's actually very nice!

But then I actually once owned a true orange colored Porsche 914 and never gave the color a second thought other than it wasn't the lime green model LOL!

Old 12-31-2011, 10:41 AM
Finally getting some pics posted of my 2012 Sport M/T.

Called her "Kitsune", since she's orange, magical and from Japan. Seemed obvious to me at least.

Photo Album - Imgur

No mods yet, except for LED replacements for the interior lighting, planning on a few more for the coming summer though. Winter isn't conducive to working on vehicles when you don't have a heated garage. :P

Really liking it, black interior is great except for the tendency to attract fur and hair. Every bit as responsive and fun to drive as I've heard.

Edit: Also, very glad I waited for the '12 refresh, the front fascia change and the new color really added to the Fit. Sound dampening seems to be improved as well. Excited for the next gen of Honda Fit now!

Last edited by Gwangi; 12-31-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by Gwangi
Finally getting some pics posted of my 2012 Sport M/T.

Edit: Also, very glad I waited for the '12 refresh, the front fascia change and the new color really added to the Fit. Sound dampening seems to be improved as well. Excited for the next gen of Honda Fit now!
Nice pictures!

I'm glad I got in with a 2012 model though I just know that the 2013 is going to have upgrades I wish I would have waited for. But then again I'm pretty content with the '12 as it stands now.

Old 12-31-2011, 07:04 PM
Picking up my new 2012 sport AT on Monday. I haven't taken possession of the car yet, so I'm pretty excited. But also kind of having second thoughts about the sunburst orange. I wanted white, my wife didn't so we settled on Grey. Dealer couldn't find grey but my wife saw the sunburst orange and said "ooohhhh I like that..."... Dealer had an orange just roll off the truck, so we get it on Monday.

Research is telling me the color is okay to pretty good for hiding dirt and pretty good for visibility and middle of the road for heat absorption.

What do you all think about these aspects of the color? I was going for white or grey, so I'm obviously not into "flash".

Should I post this in the general forum???

Old 12-31-2011, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by garythenuke
Picking up my new 2012 sport AT on Monday. I haven't taken possession of the car yet, so I'm pretty excited. But also kind of having second thoughts about the sunburst orange. I wanted white, my wife didn't so we settled on Grey. Dealer couldn't find grey but my wife saw the sunburst orange and said "ooohhhh I like that..."... Dealer had an orange just roll off the truck, so we get it on Monday.

Research is telling me the color is okay to pretty good for hiding dirt and pretty good for visibility and middle of the road for heat absorption.

What do you all think about these aspects of the color? I was going for white or grey, so I'm obviously not into "flash".

Should I post this in the general forum???
I think the Orangeburst Metallic is one of the more unconventional and unique colors along with Blue Raspberry Metallic. It definitely gets noticed more so than the more conventional white, blue, black, red silver.

Perks, you'll be able to spot the orangeburst in a crowded parking lot. As for attracting heat I think it would be on par with the silver, gray and red though I really don't have one of each to compare with. As for the dust factor I think it wears it well.

As for the color itself I think it's one of the more interesting colors. It is a rich metallic finish that really reacts to light giving it a real burst effect. In low light it has a copper or reddish look and in bright light it goes to an orange gold to red.

The Orangeburst wasn't on the top of my list but I'm happy with the choice.

Always nice to go with something the wife likes too!

Old 12-31-2011, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member
IMO Orangeburst or White are more visible than grey/silver. There are so many shades of silver cars on the road today, they almost become invisible.

Old 01-01-2012, 10:57 AM

Always nice to go with something the wife likes too!
You got that right...

The up side is that since my wife likes the color she's more likely to start driving it once her Sienna is finally WAY too big for her. Then, assuming we can afford it, I will buy another Fit. Whatever the 2015 or 2016 version is at the time...

But that's just the plan...

Old 01-02-2012, 09:10 PM
Got it home and boy is it a beaut...
I had a hard time keeping it under 75 on the way home. I have a big "mountain" pass (I grew up in Wyoming and I know what REAL mountains are..) and the FIT didn't even hiccup. I know there are two basic views on breaking in the engine, I'm still not entirely sold either way...
I spent most of the afternoon talking to neighbors about the car and the color. I should be a car salesman. I think I sold at least two today

Now I'm looking for aftermarkets and wheel locks. Time to spend even more money..

Old 01-02-2012, 09:21 PM
5 Year Member
I had a hard time keeping it under 75 on the way home. I have a big "mountain" pass (I grew up in Wyoming and I know what REAL mountains are..) and the FIT didn't even hiccup. I know there are two basic views on breaking in the engine, I'm still not entirely sold either way...
I spent most of the afternoon talking to neighbors about the car and the color. I should be a car salesman. I think I sold at least two today

Now I'm looking for aftermarkets and wheel locks. Time to spend even more money..
Congrats! It's such a fun ride. Pics!

I've added the Cargo tray. Still contemplating other goodies.

Old 01-02-2012, 09:42 PM

Well hope you won't be disappointed if you don't see 40 mpg on your first tank of gas Pretty much fun on the hills huh!

Congratulations of getting the Fit! It sure is a fun car and now you can now see how everyone here is so stoked with their Fits.

Perhaps you could be deputized by your Honda salesman and get a discount on service or accessories for every person you bring in for a new Fit sale? I've been a pretty vocal advocate for the Fits ever since I bought mine too!

What was the feedback from the neighbors on the color?

Old 01-02-2012, 09:43 PM
I tried adding pics. Is there a minimum post count to do that???

I'm debating what to add. I'm buying some OEM wheel locks from members here. Aside from that I'm not really sure what I need. The cargo tray can be subb'd by milk crates and the cargo cover subb'd by a black blanket. Splash guards will hurt mileage. Maybe door edge guards?

I let me son drive it this evening, my wife is going to drive it on Saturday (that's our next day off)...
I can't wait for my commute tomorrow!!!

Old 01-02-2012, 09:47 PM
Well hope you won't be disappointed if you don't see 40 mpg on your first tank of gas Pretty much fun on the hills huh!

Congratulations of getting the Fit! It sure is a fun car and now you can now see how everyone here is so stoked with their Fits.

Perhaps you could be deputized by your Honda salesman and get a discount on service or accessories for every person you bring in for a new Fit sale? I've been a pretty vocal advocate for the Fits ever since I bought mine too!

What was the feedback from the neighbors on the color?
Oh I'm going to be very patient. I'm not even going to look at mpg for the first 600 miles. And yah, it kicks some serious a$$ on hills

Neighbors were pretty stoked on the color. Even the in-laws (mid and late 70s) thought it was a neat color..

I'll e-mail my salesperson in the next few days and give a heads up on some possible sales from my neck of he woods..

Old 01-02-2012, 09:58 PM
I tried adding pics. Is there a minimum post count to do that???

I'm debating what to add. I'm buying some OEM wheel locks from members here. Aside from that I'm not really sure what I need. The cargo tray can be subb'd by milk crates and the cargo cover subb'd by a black blanket. Splash guards will hurt mileage. Maybe door edge guards?

I let me son drive it this evening, my wife is going to drive it on Saturday (that's our next day off)...
I can't wait for my commute tomorrow!!!
You need to find somewhere to upload and host your pictures- something like photobucket.com then insert the link using the photo icon.

I'm using the blanket substitute to the cargo cover as well

Hope everyone get's their time in on the Fit and there's no fights. May be getting a 2nd Fit sooner than later?

Old 01-02-2012, 10:32 PM
May be getting a 2nd Fit sooner than later?
My wife is already talking about that...

I'll look at photobucket to host my photos. I have no experience with it so there will be a learning curve.

Old 01-17-2012, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
I had good intentions of taking some shots in the sun today. The clouds rolled in while having a few beers with a buddy so I was out of luck. I took a few anyways of course... Maybe next time I'll hunt some scenery.

Old 01-17-2012, 07:34 PM
Wish mine looked like that right now, it's covered with salt and has black steelies with snows on right now.

Old 01-17-2012, 07:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BlackUp
I had good intentions of taking some shots in the sun today. The clouds rolled in while having a few beers with a buddy so I was out of luck. I took a few anyways of course... Maybe next time I'll hunt some scenery.
That Fit looks great! Nice and clean. Love the tint!

I was going to do tint this last weekend, until I was was sidetracked.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:57 PM
Boy, I'd forgotten how awesome that color is.........
Okay I'm back from the garage and I remember now...

This color just gets cooler by the day. My wife loves it too...

Old 01-17-2012, 11:49 PM
5 Year Member
Wow that color looks amazing! Keep sending those pics!

Quick Reply: The Official Orangeburst Metallic Thread