Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

The story of my 2011 Fit Sport!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 01:05 AM
5 Year Member
The story of my 2011 Fit Sport!

So, I've lurked around this site long enough it's about time I shared what I've done to the Fit. Hope this isn't too boring for everyone!

Now, I bought the Fit back in Sept 2011, to replace my 1999 Acura 1.6EL. I loved that car, but having to put premium gas into her, was really taking it's toll. I'll include some pics below, but this car was faaar from stock. I swapped out the tried and true D16y8, in favour of a B18b. From there, I did the usual cold air intake, header, high flow cat, cat-back exhaust system. Then I went a little further, and did the throttle body, intake manifold, Crower stage2 cams/springs/retainers,(loads of other goodies too) all tuned with Hondata S100. In the end, it was putting down close to 150whp on 91octane. Not bad for just bolt-ons

Here is the EL:

Name:  EL4.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  139.8 KB

Winter mode: (taken before I had the lip installed, and stock, plastic side skirts painted)

Name:  EL1.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  120.9 KB

Anyways, back on topic I knew I wanted to stay in the Honda family, as I've owned (and modded!) numerous other Honda's prior, everything from an Accord, to a Prelude, and Integra's (I'll spare you the pics! lol )

After a testing the other comparable cars in the Fit's catagory, once I drove the Fit, I was sold. Since I had a weekend 'fun car' (my Teg), all I needed was something to get me to and from work, was great on gas (and took 87!!) and was able to carry a bunch of stuff if need be. God bless that hatch and those folding seats! Since I was going to lease this car, it was a way of forcing myself not to mod this car (I have a disease, seriously! I can't drive a stock car.)

Yeah, that didn't last long.

Taking delivery of the Fit:

Name:  Fitdelivery1.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  164.5 KB

Name:  Fitdelivery2.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  165.8 KB

One of the first things I ended up doing to the Fit, was adding a sub to the stock stereo. All of my previous cars had aftermarket headunits, speakers, as well as a sub. Not having that bottom end to your music when you're used to it, just sucks. Not wanting to spend money on all new stuff, I just had the amp integrated into the stock system. Sounds pretty good, all things considered. Just a 10" sub in a ported box.

Name:  Fitsub.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  202.2 KB

Although it takes up quite a bit of the trunk, I haven't run into any issues with space so far. I can't find a pic of my amp install! The shop I deal with built an AWESOME amp rack, that fits inside the spare tire! I was very strict, in that I had to keep the spare tire where it was. Thankfully my installer was able to make it work! Nice and clean, and most important, out sight and out of the way

Lowered the car not even a month of owning her. Although not everyone is a fan of H&R springs, I love them. I've used them on most of my previous Honda's, so naturally I chose them again. Also, because they had the ideal drop I was looking for.

Sprung for some winter tires as well. Went with the Blizzak LM-60's. So far so good. Barely had any snow this year, even after they called for one of the worst winters in decades. Oh well, I'm still a believer in running winter tires regardless, it's just safer. Damn I'm getting old, lol. Here's a pic of our first snow fall. Just had to take her out to see how she would do Hope the wife doesn't mind being a Fit Freak model, haha. Sorry honey!

Name:  Fitsnow.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  185.1 KB

Next, I had to get rid of the stock grill. I just hated it. The optional Honda grill is so much nicer, and is what the Fit should have come from the factory with. Best part about doing this 'mod', was that next to nobody noticed. Perfect! It just looks like it belongs.

Name:  Fitgrill.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  146.3 KB

Next up, was figuring out what I was going to do about a 'summer' set of wheels. I liked the idea of using my sport wheels as my winters, and getting something else for summer. In the end, I went with another Honda product, even those these optional wheels are in fact made by Enkei. I have yet to see a Fit rocking these, and I just love the way they look on the black Fit. Not to mention, I was able to reuse the stock Dunlops. Which, let's be honest, I wouldn't be able to give away, let alone sell to someone. I'm not supposed to be putting money into this car after all, lol.

Name:  Fit3.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  149.1 KB

Name:  Fit2.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  185.3 KB

So that's it! Of course, I have a few other things I'd like to do, but I'm trying hard to resist!

After all...

I have this money pit to enjoy on weekends... almost time to bring her out of hibernation...

Name:  Tegwinterslumber.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  143.3 KB

Last edited by lowered_klass; 03-04-2012 at 01:07 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:29 AM
5 Year Member
um... leased? whats happening there?

Old 03-04-2012, 02:04 AM
5 Year Member
Essentially, I'm 'renting' the car from Honda for a set term. At the end of the term, I can either hand the car back over to Honda, or I can purchase the vehicle from them (minus what I've paid in payments over the agreed term).

There are other terms and restrictions, but that's the real basic idea.

If I decide NOT to buy the car at the end of the term, it has to go back to Honda the way I picked it up. Completely stock.

Old 03-04-2012, 02:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by lowered_klass
If I decide NOT to buy the car at the end of the term, it has to go back to Honda the way I picked it up. Completely stock.
I meant more on those terms.

So, if you decide not to keep it... there's gonna be quite a bit of work (and leftover parts) for you in the few days leading up to returning the car. While most of it is reversible... don't you technically have to cut into the wiring harness to add the sub?

On the flipside... if you do keep it... leasing cost more than a simple financed loan, no?

Old 03-04-2012, 04:40 AM
hi lowered_klass, I'm in Vancouver too, can I ask you which shop did your audio?
And can I ask you how much and where you got the grill?

Thanks!

Old 03-04-2012, 07:18 AM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Love the box in the hatch - great idea! Welcome to the Fit family!

Old 03-04-2012, 09:46 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
On the flipside... if you do keep it... leasing cost more than a simple financed loan, no?
Depends. On a new Fit, it would be minimal, but on a new car that has a high rate of depreciation, you are better off leasing unless you plan on paying off the car and realizing the benefits of no car payment down the road. Usually people trade up, have the same or more monthly payments, and ultimately lose quite a bit on their long term high interest rate loans. I prefer to buy, or finance, but if I were to get, say, a BMW.. well, a majority of their business in the States is from lease specials, and with the free maintenance and everything, I don't see it as a bad thing. Once the warranty is up, and the car becomes a serious liability if anything breaks, then you get a new one.

For a Honda, I'm not worried about the repair costs down the road, or major depreciation. Actually, I could sell it here from what I paid for it two years ago right now. That's a major first for me.

OP- congrats on the car. I think you've done an excellent job with it so far. I like the OEM look a lot.

Old 03-04-2012, 03:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
I meant more on those terms.

So, if you decide not to keep it... there's gonna be quite a bit of work (and leftover parts) for you in the few days leading up to returning the car. While most of it is reversible... don't you technically have to cut into the wiring harness to add the sub?

The amount of work to bring it back to stock is actually quite minimal. Of course there will be a cost involved, like swapping out the springs, but everything else will take me no more than a few hours to remove, or swap out. For the amp, I used an inline converter, like this one (not mine, borrowed from google)

I spliced into the rear speaker wires for the signal. No cutting or hacking up anything.

As for the lease... it's a tricky one. This is my first lease, as I've always purchased my cars (financed). In the end, the payments were much cheaper for me, and as long as the Fit still keeps it's awesome resale value, I'll be just fine. Chances are I will buy my Fit out when the time comes, as I can't see it beoming a piece of shit. Leasing definately makes the most sense when it comes to certain vehicles, like anything North American (Ford, GM, etc) or as said by hayden, BMW's and most other European vehicles. To each their own though. There are pros and cons to each, it's just whatever makes the most sense to you.

Originally Posted by FIT504
hi lowered_klass, I'm in Vancouver too, can I ask you which shop did your audio?
And can I ask you how much and where you got the grill?

Thanks!
The shop I go to for my audio, is called SoundsGood. They're located in Coquitlam, very close to the Ikea. An awesome group of guys, who always go the extra mile. Prices are some of the best around too. Be sure to talk to Mike, one of the owners there. You can tell him Matt with the Fit/Teg sent you

As for the grill, the only shop I ever deal with, is Garage Five out in Richmond. I get all my parts through them. I actually got the grill as an Xmas gift, so I'm not sure on the price exactly. I do know that it's comparable to ordering it online from the cheaper American Honda dealerships. Their customer service is bar-none the best I've ever gotten, from any shop. Period.