Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

Konix's VTI-S Jazz

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 08:42 PM
Konix's VTI-S Jazz

As most would know i had a Mitsubishi RVR HyperGear.
I had spent ALOT of money getting it to where it is today, from wheels to fully forged firebreather Unfortunately life commitments change and buying a house is much more important to me, and i know i will regret selling it
Before/After:
Name:  IMG_0500sm.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  130.4 KB
Before/After:
Name:  IMG_0501sm.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  132.5 KB
As the story goes it has sold to the new owner, who is Joe from Xtreme MotorSport in Sydney. Nicest guy around, happy to negotiate a fair price (and rvr's are VERY hard to sell), happy to wait whilst i get it ready to pickup and meet me in melbourne to pick it up and also put a decent deposit down before sighting the car knowing full well that it was of excellent condition.

Last week I left little ol' Launceston onwards to Devonport to get on the Spirit Of Tasmania because before the rvr had been sold i was already booked to come over to experience an EOMM first hand with my own car and to visit some good friends.

Lucky for me i have friends working on the boat and was upgraded to a cabin instead of the woeful recliner seats that you are meant to sleep on =/

After a rough trip over it was time to get back in the soccer mum van, and go meet the new owner/s
Name:  IMG_0505.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  93.9 KB
The saddest moment handing over the keys but full well knowing that Joe will look after it and finish it to the standard that it should be (NEEDS NEW BUILD THREAD Sammy! :P )

Now that is out of the way im onto purchasing my new car. The Pre-requisites were:

1: Cheap On Fuel
2. 4 doors
3. Cheap On Fuel
4. No Turbo
5. Under 9k
5. And lastly, Cheap On Fuel

I built a Honda Accord vti-s on airbag suspension before the rvr and loved it's lack of fuel use, but i dont want to go backwards in age from the last so i started looking at later model Honda's and the only car that really grabbed my attention was the Honda Jazz...
Name:  IMG_0502sm.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  134.3 KB
Now before the hate comes in, i have driven one and i know they are gutless but they are actually roomy as hell easy to drive, run on an oily rag, and not bad shape (not the later models though)

I started looking at Jazz's for sale months before i had sold the rvr in the hope's i could get some kind of idea on what i wanted and the prices they are going for.

I found a few and even found one at an awesome price but 3 days before i set off for Melbourne it sold so lucky i had another 3 to scope out.

I had nearly given up on finding a jazz and nearly bought a mk4 golf gti...but then i got a message from a guy in Sydney with a Vibrant Blue Pearl 03 Jazz for 7500. Low k's and seemed pretty neat so i rang him, booked flight and got up there, handed over the $$$ (which was substantially less than what he wanted) and drove for the next 10 or so hours by myself back to Melbourne
Stopover at Yass for munchies:
Name:  IMG_0586.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  116.4 KB
Man i was soo tired from driving only to get in traffic like this back in melbourne
Name:  IMG_0589.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  91.0 KB
It took me a tank and a half to get back which i was damn impressed by
Stopped into Richmond and got myself a decent bit of Vietnamese goodness:
Name:  IMG_0534.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  85.0 KB
Name:  IMG_0536.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  133.9 KB

What i had also been doing was researching issues and problems the gd3 jazz's have and also what style i was going for with this build. I have decided it will be aimed at the USDM style so bit of stretch, slammed and little key elements that will bring it together.
Examples:

Pieces i have accumulated already for the build:

Pair of 16x7 +35 Volk Gr-C
Pair of 16x8 +35 Volk Gr-C
(Getting new lips for fronts to bring them out to 8" and respraying centres Subaru Satin White Pearl)
Seibon Carbon Eyelids
Rays Lightweight Wheel Nuts
Mugen Wind Deflectors
T1R Carbon Intake (EDIT: dont have one now, seller failed..NEED ONE!)
Tein Super Compact Coilovers
Front Camber bolts
Rear Camber Shims
Rhino Roof Racks with thule fairing
Whiteline Rear Swaybar
And doing a Retrofit of the headlight to fit fx35 projectors
This is it atm and probably be the extent of my modifications as it is only a DD
I will keep posting updates as i fit all these parts and DIY as i go.
Cheers & Beers

Song that motivates me this week:
Friction - Stand Up (Feat Dynamite MC - Sigma Remix) - YouTube

Last edited by dj_konix; 10-26-2012 at 04:23 AM.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Okay, so first port of call is to refurbish the volk gr-c's i bought off ebay:

Picture from ad:
Name:  IMG_0507.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  105.0 KB

So when they arrived (which was ridiculously quick!) i set off to inspect and give them a clean as they were pretty filthy:
Name:  IMG_0509.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  149.8 KB
Just to show how clean a quick go over with bowdens can do
Dirty on Left/ Clean on Right
Name:  IMG_0508.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  184.1 KB

After having a good look after cleaning i have decided to rebuild them, im not happy with the lips on the 7" wheels and so hopefully with the help of whitehorse industries i can source some slightly bigger lips to bring the fronts out a bit better
Name:  IMG_0510.png
Views: 268
Size:  512.3 KB
The End result will hopefully look something like this:
Name:  EVERYTHING847.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  64.4 KB

Old 07-05-2012, 08:44 PM
Right, a new day which also happens to be in my holidays means more work to these wheels.

Firstly, i took the tyres off the 16x7" front rims so i can start pulling them apart:
Name:  IMG_1811.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  121.6 KB
I had been watching a few rebuild videos on youtube so i knew what i was in for but honestly they weren't that hard to pull apart:
Name:  IMG_1812.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  131.5 KB
Firstly get a star 8mm socket and a breaker bar and loosen the front nut enough so you can unscrew by hand:
Name:  IMG_1816.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  87.5 KB
Then after the 72 bolts i had removed it was time to heat up the silicone and use a knife to cut and break up the silicone:
Name:  IMG_1813.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  79.2 KB
Name:  IMG_1817.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  84.5 KB
And then i used a piece of wood and a rubber mallet and "Bobs your Pedo Uncle", here's what i prepared earlier:
Name:  IMG_1820.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  117.9 KB
Name:  IMG_1821.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  102.6 KB
Now i went and saw Craig @ Whitehorse Industries for the lips so i can get an extra inch in size (oooh yeahhhhh) big thanks to Stancework Aus forum for getting me onto Craig Winters
Now Lips are sorted it was time to figure out what to do with centres and barrels...
As you can see the ol' faithful wheels have seen a few dirty roads so they are in dire need of re-furbishment:
Name:  IMG_1814.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  151.6 KB
Barrels are getting sodablasted, as with the centres and then barrels are getting done in black and the centres in pearl white
that's all for today

Old 07-05-2012, 08:53 PM
5 Year Member
I like everything you've mentioned except the roof rack.

Carry on.

Old 07-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Cheers Mike, im not usually a fan of roof racks but i ride mtb and i also have a dog (no, he doesnt go on roof racks) so i cant fit bike and massive beagle in the back at same time (he's the trail dog).

Oh and i got the Thule Fairing cos i might aswell make the racks look decent :P

Need help with decision on muffler. I want spoon n1 but all i hear about them is they are loud and droney and that's opposite of what i want. i want small amount of extra noise at idle (just so i can hear it idle) and no drone and no raspiness. I have a friend i bought my tein super compacts through that has a mugen titanium axle back and im keen but can't find any videos of it, and im not outlaying $650 for something that could be waste of time

Old 07-05-2012, 09:57 PM
5 Year Member
Nice! I'm excited to see a EDM/JDM build

Old 07-05-2012, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member
I was about to freak out after the first pic! I thought you had put a 4gxx in a fit!!!

Excited to see this come together .

Old 07-06-2012, 12:41 AM
Originally Posted by Fit4Trav
Nice! I'm excited to see a EDM/JDM build
Yes, im keen to get it looking half decent
Originally Posted by swade
I was about to freak out after the first pic! I thought you had put a 4gxx in a fit!!!

Excited to see this come together .
haha no way! im over the fuel consumption of the 4g63t..no way would i go back to that haha

Cheers

Old 07-06-2012, 12:42 AM
Thumbs up

Anyway, more updates today as the wheel refurbishing is coming along at lightning speeds

I got a phone call from my mate at Doc Signs today, he said "Hey Shaun, i got a present or ten sitting here for you"
So i got in the jazz and stopped in at his shop:
Name:  IMG_0616.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  98.1 KB
I say thankyou, pay my bill and come home to open my envelope of pure win:

And this is what i find
Name:  IMG_1853.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  103.0 KB
Name:  IMG_1854.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  112.6 KB
Yes, i have had all the stickers re-made, because im getting new lips made i would lose the stickers that were already on there.
I also had him redesign the inside barrel stickers to say 16x8 for the 16x7"s that are being relipped
All this was enough to make me happy but then i hear the door knock and its the posty with the centre caps i found online.
Name:  IMG_0615.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  90.8 KB
They are not in the best condition buuut they are extremely hard to procure, so im now going to try and source one more outer ring as i only have 3 and new volk logo centre parts as mine are scratched up/damaged.
Oh, and i forgot to take a photo of the other most important modification:
Name:  IMG_1850.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  96.1 KB
Got these off a guy in melbourne cheap, only 6,000ks old and came with everything minus box.

Next update will have trial fitting of the original 8"s on car and carbon eyelids

Last edited by dj_konix; 07-06-2012 at 09:36 AM.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dj_konix
Cheers Mike, im not usually a fan of roof racks but i ride mtb and i also have a dog (no, he doesnt go on roof racks) so i cant fit bike and massive beagle in the back at same time (he's the trail dog).

Oh and i got the Thule Fairing cos i might aswell make the racks look decent :P

Need help with decision on muffler. I want spoon n1 but all i hear about them is they are loud and droney and that's opposite of what i want. i want small amount of extra noise at idle (just so i can hear it idle) and no drone and no raspiness. I have a friend i bought my tein super compacts through that has a mugen titanium axle back and im keen but can't find any videos of it, and im not outlaying $650 for something that could be waste of time
Well my friend, they're very wrong, here's a vid of my car with a Spoon N1 axleback (silencer out). Please note the stereo is only on 8 out of 40, so you can tell how quiet it is.

VID_20120320_094124.mp4 video by TahitianGreen - Photobucket

Old 07-06-2012, 03:02 AM
Originally Posted by mike410b
Well my friend, they're very wrong, here's a vid of my car with a Spoon N1 axleback (silencer out). Please note the stereo is only on 8 out of 40, so you can tell how quiet it is.

VID_20120320_094124.mp4 video by TahitianGreen - Photobucket
that's perfect for me. Now to find an Australian dealer

Old 07-06-2012, 03:41 AM
I just noticed their way only one crappy instagram photo of the jazz so here are some pics i took this afternoon (only because i put the wind deflector things on)

Name:  IMG_1856.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  121.7 KB

Carbon eyelids are not ready yet and went to try the 8"s on and they were flat so gotta take them down to servo and get them pumped up

Old 07-06-2012, 04:28 AM
I like where this build thread is going

Old 07-08-2012, 05:28 AM
Originally Posted by mclovintsx
I like where this build thread is going
Thanks mclovin getting there. coilovers going in next week once i clean them up. Trying to figure out what tyres to go, i can get 195/45/16s for it but thinking they might be too small. Problem is, most of us are not working at tyre fitting places and can try a few different tyres to get the desired fitment.

I just feel like 45 profile maybe too small and will cause it to ride real rough? maybe 195/50/16?

Old 07-08-2012, 11:43 AM
5 Year Member
Looking good! The stickers looks like new ones from Rays, I'm impressed. Do you know what rear wing you have? It looks different than most I have seen and I really like it.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:04 AM
Banned
5 Year Member
I follow you on Instagram! cheers mate

Old 07-09-2012, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by swade
Looking good! The stickers looks like new ones from Rays, I'm impressed. Do you know what rear wing you have? It looks different than most I have seen and I really like it.
Cheers swade, the stiickers cost me a mint! ($150AU!) but it's worth it cos now i can fully rebuild the gr c's without worrying about them not looking 100% The rear wing is the stock ADM Jazz wing from the 02-04 models here. I love it, only other wing i like is the duckbill but it's quite common in aus so best to stick with oem.

Originally Posted by Steezo
I follow you on Instagram! cheers mate
aha! sirsteezo! love your fit, the enkeis suit it perfectly.

Update hopefully today

Old 07-10-2012, 05:09 AM
UPDATE: Inner Barrels and Centres in Hot tank at mates work atm, hopefully have them back soon
Only issue i have is i bought some genuine volk valves to put into the newly rebuilt rims and i bought via my iphone which didnt tell me the seller would be away for the rest of the month so they will definitely be holding back my progress guy is in USA so with usual postage from there it will be at least 6 weeks before i receive them..grrr

Old 07-11-2012, 06:24 AM
UPDATE: Ordered genuine 06 l.e.d tailights for my jazz oh and cusco front strut brace, mugen mirror cover in VBP, and carbon interior trim pieces. Pay check hates life haha

Old 07-11-2012, 07:45 AM
Banned
5 Year Member
you balling out rageous, son

Quick Reply: Konix's VTI-S Jazz