Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

Project Rinn - New Car, Who Dis?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 02:21 AM
Project Rinn - New Car, Who Dis?

Yo, yo!

Sup guys, new member here. Cousin picked up a new WRX, and he needed to get rid of his GD3. I happily obliged since I also needed a daily driver.

This would be my fourth Honda, so I'm not new to the game. Also work at a body shop, so most mods will be done by me.

Picked up this '08 GD3 5-speed with 77,xxx miles and a clean title. Was originally modded a little, but my cousin returned it to stock and tried parting it out.

I did convince him to give me some of the stuff, so I could reinstall it haha.

Now let me introduce you to Project Rinn:

Came pretty stock minus the retrofitted headlights. I do retros, and I actually guided him on this set lol. It's TL projectors with Morimoto bulbs/ballasts.

Came with stock taillights, but I got him to give me the Depo JDM reps. Redid the wiring myself and added LED's all around. Now I gotta figure out how to fix the annoying hyper-flash.

And I just finished installing my old S2000 steering wheel into the car.

Had to modify the wheel itself by milling out the core, but it's on nice and tight. Also had to swap airbag inflators (please don't do this unless you're really, REALLY comfortable playing around with explosives) and mod it to be accepted into the AP2 airbag cover.

Looking forward to installing the springs that he's going to give me, and getting new wheels and tires!

Old 10-15-2017, 12:22 AM
Welcome, and holy crap if they're OEM 3rd gen TL projectors! I've been wanting to do that for some time now.

The hyperflash fix is easy. Literally ebay or amazon it.

Old 10-15-2017, 05:51 AM
Originally Posted by Action Jackson
Welcome, and holy crap if they're OEM 3rd gen TL projectors! I've been wanting to do that for some time now.

The hyperflash fix is easy. Literally ebay or amazon it.
Yes, they are. So nice, lol. Love the color of the cutoff, and so wide. It's actually pretty easy to do, just need a day and you'll be good.

The hyperflash method I'm used to doing is replacing the turn signal relay. I been researching it, and it seems that you have to get behind the cluster? Or are you suggesting the resistor wired in line?

Old 10-15-2017, 11:19 AM
The only hyperflash fix I have experience with is the online resistors.

I did a TSX and a S2K retrofit on my Integra, and would like to go all out with TL on my GK.

Old 10-15-2017, 02:53 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
that steering wheel looks great on your ride

Old 10-16-2017, 02:58 AM

I did a TSX and a S2K retrofit on my Integra, and would like to go all out with TL on my GK.
I read that someone actually done it using the flasher relay. It's funny because that's how I fixed my hatch and my S2000 LED turn signals.

Do it my man! I have done my fair share of retros, and the TL's still blow my mind. Most likely the one I will do on my EJ (EK) hatch project. The FX-R's I have on there currently are nice, but nothing like the ones I have on the fit.

Here's a pic of my currently running babies. The AP1 has a quad projectors using the Morimoto Minis in the high beam.

Originally Posted by kenchan
Thanks man. I love the interchangability of parts on my Hondas lol. Had the same steering wheel in my EJ also.

Old 10-17-2017, 03:12 PM
5 Year Member
Looks exactly like mine. except for the mugen emblems

Old 10-19-2017, 04:05 AM

Yeah, I'd rather not do the resistors. I read up on the flasher relay, and it's behind the cluster apparently. More research it is lol.
Originally Posted by kenchan
Thank you!

Originally Posted by tr-yama
Looks exactly like mine. except for the mugen emblems
Dope. Waiting on my pair of Regamasters to come from Russia, and on it goes!

Old 10-25-2017, 02:19 AM
So my buddy just gave me his SSR SP1's. Granted, they're 18's, but it's free! Lol, let's see how I can make these work

Old 11-01-2017, 02:43 AM
My buddy hooked it up with his old wheels, a set of 18x8 +30 / 18x8.5 +37 SSR SP1's in Champagne Gold.

They're huge, but free multi-piece wheels? Definitely can't complain.

He had these on his xA before he got a BRZ, and decided to give them to me for some extra work I did on his car. Came with decent tires, but definitely too big. Well, where there's a will, there's a way!

I fitted them on that night, and boy was I rubbing lol.

Looks freaking dope though.

The next day I decided to go to town on poor little Rinn, and hammered/trim the rear so that I can minimize the rubbing. Shaving the bumper along with smacking in the quarters. Worked extremely well, and rubbing only occurs during hard dips and turns. Not bad considering the rears were on 235/40/18's.

Washed and detailed her for the first time on Saturday. Redid some interior pieces and put in some missing clips. Pretty much just getting her to somewhat more stock condition. Noticed a lot of stuff that needs to be addressed, but eventually.

Decided to get smaller profile tires because I do want to put my cousin's old lowering springs on the car, so a quick visit to 88 Rotors in South El Monte was in need.

Now I'm on 215/35/18's Lexani's all around, and no more rub. Pretty ready to throw the springs on ol' girl and get her sitting nice and tight. I'll add more pictures as soon as I get my springs on!

Old 11-01-2017, 03:51 PM
Got my ebay cargo cover in today. Not bad, granted the rear seats doesn't recline all the way, so there's a small gap you can peek through. Still not bad since it's pretty cheap.

Not sure if the OEM goes all the way, if anyone could let Mr know that would be awesome.