Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

DIY rear disc

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 03:00 PM
ive been reading dis and now im interested so wat next.

Old 05-02-2007, 11:18 PM
hey slowcarguy, i went to a scrap metal yard and got some metal and went to the junk yard and got some calipers and rotors off of an 86 integra, when i looked at the rotors i noticed that they didn't dip in very far; they're kind of close to the wheel if you know what i mean. i was thinking of using the rotors off of a DC2 integra instead because it dips in more so i woudn't have to move the calipers out closer to the wheels. i dont know if you understood what i said one bit but.
do you think using dc2 rotors would be better or or should i stick the 86 integra rotors? I understand that you are doing this for money so if you do not team up on this i'll completely understand. thanks!

Old 05-03-2007, 12:22 PM
5 Year Member
I have those 88 integra calipers and one from a 93 integra as well. I know the rotors have different depths to them. I noticed that the bolt spacing is the same however. It's all about the stand-offs for the caliper depending on the rotor used. Thanks for noticing though, I had thought about that. I think I will go with the newer 90+ integra rotors with the deeper dish/hat on the rotor thus placing the disc itself farther towards the center of the car.
~Alex

ps, it's way over due to call on these parts!

Old 05-03-2007, 06:23 PM
do you think the dc2 rotors would work with the 88 integra calipers? are they the same dimensions? or would i have to buy dc2 calipers to use with the dc2 rotors? thanks

Old 05-04-2007, 04:56 PM
5 Year Member
You could use the older integra calipers with the dc2 rotors as long as the stand-off from the plate was correct. I found that you'll have to run them on the opposite side because those older integras have the e-brake cable coming from the rear of the car, it's weird how they flip the cable around.
~Alex

Old 05-05-2007, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by slowcarguy
You could use the older integra calipers with the dc2 rotors as long as the stand-off from the plate was correct. I found that you'll have to run them on the opposite side because those older integras have the e-brake cable coming from the rear of the car, it's weird how they flip the cable around.
~Alex
yeah noticed that about the calipers too. well i took a look at my rear brakes today, im definitely going to use the dc2 rotors. mine is not going to be done for another 3-4 weeks i still have school and finals and all that junk. thanks

Old 05-09-2007, 04:16 AM
hey Alex, can you give me some information about the brake cables that you planning to use? from what car did you get them from and what is the whole length of the cable( the cable length and the conduit length) and one more thing are you sure that the cables will work for the fit? it's not too long or too short?

Old 05-10-2007, 09:20 AM
5 Year Member
I have a set of e-brake cables from a 1995 civic 4-door EX with rear disc(abs equipped). I figured that the chassis are of similar legnth and I looked at the Fits equipped with disc and they have the same design. I have all confidence that these will be fine. I am not at home now so it's be tough to measure the cables and the "sheath" that covers them.

~Alex

Old 05-11-2007, 12:39 AM
I have a set of e-brake cables from a 1995 civic 4-door EX with rear disc(abs equipped). I figured that the chassis are of similar legnth and I looked at the Fits equipped with disc and they have the same design. I have all confidence that these will be fine. I am not at home now so it's be tough to measure the cables and the "sheath" that covers them.

~Alex
alright i trust you then i think im just going to get the cables from the 86 integra i got the calipers from, it was a 4 door also. I just wanted to make sure because i didnt want the cables to be too long or too short. thanks once again

Old 05-24-2007, 03:07 AM
well an update on my part now. I ordered new rotors,pads and brake lines.etc. i also designed my bracket plates. well im done with my semester of school tomorrow and ill be back to my real home. the brackets will be made sometime this weekend so swap should be done either this weekend if i work fast enough or dont run into any unforeseen trouble, if not then mid week. If it works ill let you guys know.

Old 05-24-2007, 12:50 PM
5 Year Member
good jobs guys and just remember if the cables are a lil too long you could get a lil creative with them, when i did this on my crx, the cables were too long so i just ran them around some extra stuff, only bad part is you have to tighten it a lil more at the e-brake. but good luck guys

Old 05-27-2007, 10:57 PM
well i pretty much finished my brackets it looks like it's going to work fine i also figured out a way to use the stock e brake cables so that's some good news. more update Wednesday or maybe earlier.

Old 08-03-2007, 09:27 AM
5 Year Member
What is the part number for the rear caliper bracket? Do you have any other oem part numbers for the rear disc brake parts?

thanks!

Old 08-10-2007, 11:24 PM
Question

~Alex

ALEX Got any recent updates and pix for us?

Old 08-14-2007, 04:56 AM
5 Year Member
OOPS I've been busy building my boat and it's too hot to work on my car at all in Vegas. I see quangalang has been making progress so perhaps he's done what I've spelled out.

ps the boat is a glen-l SkiKing check her out on google

~Alex

Old 08-24-2007, 05:15 AM
wow, that's a lot of work. lol its all good though, it's going to look real nice when your done! nice work! it'[s good to see somone doing it the right way..and not giving hondas a bad name bacause people dont want to do it the right way, post some keep posting pic's i'd like to see this work out.
shane

Old 08-29-2007, 10:52 AM
5 Year Member
Did u guys try to use DC5 calippers disc brake (rsx)?? I mean I heard the front fits for our FITS but I dunno about the rear?

Last edited by InSaNehb; 08-29-2007 at 10:55 AM.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by squareback
I don't mean to sound negative; maybe I'm just from a different crowd that doesn't quite understand the bling factor.

Nice work so far, though.

Mike
Bling? I would think rear disc brakes would perform better than the oem drum (USDM).

Old 09-05-2007, 08:41 AM
Has there been anymore progress made with this??

Old 10-05-2007, 02:45 PM
5 Year Member
Bump for updates?

Quick Reply: DIY rear disc