Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

camber kit questions, alignment front and rear questions and specs

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 09:06 AM
Question about rear camber

So since we don't have individual suspesion in the rear, will we still get negative camber like cars with individual suspension if we slam our car. Also Since we don't really have a sway bar how can we stiffen the ass end up.

thanks
PHIL

Old 07-03-2006, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
Yes your camber will change if you drop your car. You will need a camber kit if you want to dial it out.

Old 07-03-2006, 04:43 PM
Wrong, only the front camber will change, there is no way to adjust the camber for the rear, and noway it'll change.

Old 07-03-2006, 05:03 PM
Not exactly true on both counts I believe. I'm not sure on the fit but on my sentra when I dropped it I got about -1* of camber in the rear and just like the fit you can shim the rear end to correct this.

Old 07-03-2006, 05:14 PM
just looking at it

my first post so hang with me. i have been looking at mine and just with no mods it looks like it came with neg. camber in the rear from the factory. i was gooing to check it out this weekend. it might be just me but it looks wrong.

Old 07-03-2006, 10:21 PM
5 Year Member
No, you're not wrong, the rear does have neg camber from the factory. I think one of the spec sheets I saw said -1.5 degress, but don't quote me. I'll hunt around and see if I can find the sheet with it listed.

Old 07-04-2006, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by gsilvers
Not exactly true on both counts I believe. I'm not sure on the fit but on my sentra when I dropped it I got about -1* of camber in the rear and just like the fit you can shim the rear end to correct this.
Go to your local honda dealer and ask one of their techs, they will also tell you there is no way to adjust and no need to adjust the rear camber, shim if you want, but there is no need.

Old 07-04-2006, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member
Have you ever lowered your car before? The Fit has no camber adjustments for the rear. That's why I suggested the camber kit. Also if you lower the car, you change the suspension geometry. You will alter the camber in the rear if you lower the car. A slight drop may not cause your camber to change much but a large drop will. If you drop your car and don't readjust the camber to specs, you can have increased tire wear. I've lowered my Prelude and my rear camber is still within spec but went from 0 camber to almost 1 and it can't be dialed out. My S2000 is lowered and went from a max 2 degree camber to now a 3 degree camber which is fine by me because I autox it and like the extra camber. Have you ever seen the slammed cars on the road with their rear wheels all canted inward?

Originally Posted by Tomh
Go to your local honda dealer and ask one of their techs, they will also tell you there is no way to adjust and no need to adjust the rear camber, shim if you want, but there is no need.

Old 07-05-2006, 02:21 PM
According to the owner's manual, the rear camber is -1.3 degrees (page 233).

Old 07-05-2006, 03:12 PM
Considering that the rear suspension on a FIT is a straight axle, there would be NO change in camber. The reason you have a change in camber on your S2K is because you have control arms that change geometry when you raise or lower your vehicle. The FIT does not use this same rear suspension design as most other Hondas. Take a look at the Scion guys, they use camber shims to create negative camber, and they use the same straight axle. Lowering an xB will not change rear camber either.

Originally Posted by 07Fit00S2K
Have you ever lowered your car before? The Fit has no camber adjustments for the rear. That's why I suggested the camber kit. Also if you lower the car, you change the suspension geometry. You will alter the camber in the rear if you lower the car. A slight drop may not cause your camber to change much but a large drop will. If you drop your car and don't readjust the camber to specs, you can have increased tire wear. I've lowered my Prelude and my rear camber is still within spec but went from 0 camber to almost 1 and it can't be dialed out. My S2000 is lowered and went from a max 2 degree camber to now a 3 degree camber which is fine by me because I autox it and like the extra camber. Have you ever seen the slammed cars on the road with their rear wheels all canted inward?

Old 07-06-2006, 11:49 AM
Avid FitFreak Poster
There is no way to adjust the rear camber or toe on the GD3. You can do the washer trick on the rear but it requires you to place them behind the drum brakes on three of the studs. I found a picture write up on a JDM site once how to do it, but I lost the link...

Old 07-06-2006, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by racetek82
Considering that the rear suspension on a FIT is a straight axle, there would be NO change in camber. The reason you have a change in camber on your S2K is because you have control arms that change geometry when you raise or lower your vehicle. The FIT does not use this same rear suspension design as most other Hondas. Take a look at the Scion guys, they use camber shims to create negative camber, and they use the same straight axle. Lowering an xB will not change rear camber either.
atleast you understand why i say there is no adjustment need or can really be done.

Old 07-06-2006, 05:28 PM
JDM
Link

Originally Posted by dougiepants
There is no way to adjust the rear camber or toe on the GD3. You can do the washer trick on the rear but it requires you to place them behind the drum brakes on three of the studs. I found a picture write up on a JDM site once how to do it, but I lost the link...
http://tycoons-den.com/Mobiles-den/fit_diy.htm

Scroll towards the bottom for the DIY Rear Camber adjustment.

Was this it?

Last edited by JDM; 07-06-2006 at 05:34 PM.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:34 AM
Avid FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by JDM
http://tycoons-den.com/Mobiles-den/fit_diy.htm

Scroll towards the bottom for the DIY Rear Camber adjustment.

Was this it?
That is not the exact one. The one I saw had a great step by step and where to place the washers at...

Old 07-07-2006, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by claymore
Considering that the rear suspension on a FIT is a straight axle, there would be NO change in camber.

The Fit/Jazz is NOT a straight axle. Just go to the manual and have a look.
The manual may call it something else, but the design of the rear suspension is one that is grouped with straight axles. If it doesnt have independent suspension, and both hubs are attached to the same suspension "arm", it's a straight axle design.

Old 07-10-2006, 10:32 PM
is this the only way to fix the camber? or is there another way? it doesnt look like the best way to do it

Old 08-08-2006, 04:47 AM
5 Year Member
susspension help!

hi guys,

super dooper noob here... and i wanted to know if springs, shocks, front and back strut bars, and a camber kit are enough to track my Fit. thanks for you time.

Old 08-08-2006, 07:33 AM
Someone that Posts too much
only way to know is to track the fit and then figure out what YOU don't like about the handling

some people like understeer, I like neutral handling

-joe

Old 08-08-2006, 12:27 PM
5 Year Member
Ohh Ok Thanks FOr The Inuput... Any Other Advice? Is A Camber Kit Necessary?

Old 08-08-2006, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sillypuddy
only way to know is to track the fit and then figure out what YOU don't like about the handling

some people like understeer, I like neutral handling

-joe
I was at the track last sunday. sillypuddy is right. It depends on how you feel the car. i didn't race mine ( no$ for the inscription) but I will on stock form. I do ride as a passenger in a hit. Talking with the drivers ( they fell in love with the fit!) they told me to go first for the rear bar cause I will feel the greatest initial difference. I will go for the konig helium rims first ( cause I don't want to loose a deal ) but then will for the bar. anyway have fun and go as you can just to get to know the limits of the fit. and belive me , power is the last thing you'll go for. First is control.

Quick Reply: camber kit questions, alignment front and rear questions and specs