Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

So, I am confused, I think? HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 02:48 PM
5 Year Member
So, I am confused, I think? HELP!

Okay, I am looking to lower my car with Full Coilovers this summer. My question/confusion would be this.....

Tein basics....is this considered a full coilover? As seen in the pics it comes with shocks (or dampener?) and springs over the shocks. I am assuming this hooks up to where your stock shocks did and your user your stock springs? Or do you have to replace the stock springs?

I found these on the skunk 2 FitR. Basically i am asking...what is this, and is it better/cheaper then the Teins?

Old 02-07-2008, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member
for ur question... the tein basics are full coilovers. they have adjustability. But the picture ur using is not for the fit, maybe that's why ur getting confused.

The skunk2 is the prototype coilover system (that apparently is being released, check out their vendor section) on the skunk2 blue honda fit.

In the front, the shocks and struts are mounted inside each other, like most shocks. However, the back, the shocks and struts are mounted side by side rather then in each other.

Old 02-07-2008, 04:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
for ur question... the tein basics are full coilovers. they have adjustability. But the picture ur using is not for the fit, maybe that's why ur getting confused.

The skunk2 is the prototype coilover system (that apparently is being released, check out their vendor section) on the skunk2 blue honda fit.

In the front, the shocks and struts are mounted inside each other, like most shocks. However, the back, the shocks and struts are mounted side by side rather then in each other.

Thats the picture that come up with honda fit teins on that site.

Thanks for your help though!