Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

review T1R lower arm brace

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 07:49 PM
review T1R lower arm brace

anyone have 1 of these??? any feedback would be great.......aj-racing were all out of stock on front strut bars, so I ordered the T1R lower arm brace and carbon c-pillar bar, wil get back to you guys w/pix and reviews. think I'm gonna concentrate on supsension 1st then on some power, btw Ben at aj told me their developing a carbon front strut bar for april so I'll wait till then.........thx guys

Old 03-05-2008, 08:55 PM
5 Year Member
what the heck is a lower arm bar?

Old 03-05-2008, 09:01 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
i have one. its rad but it gets in the way when im changing oil. i put it on at the same time i switched my front sway bars to urethane bushings so the stiffness was greatly increased in the front but i cant be sure the improvements were all because of my control arm brace.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:02 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by solbrothers
what the heck is a lower arm bar?
A&J Racing :: Suspension & Brakes :: Fit/Jazz (GD3/4) :: T1R Lower arm brace for Honda Fit GD-3 2007 & up

Old 03-05-2008, 10:03 PM
5 Year Member
ehhhh...... too blingy for me :P

Old 03-05-2008, 10:39 PM
how does it get in the way of the oil change? is it the drain plug or does oil just get on it, also where did you purchase your urethane bushings?? sounds like you are pretty happy w/your suspension I'll probably stop when I get my front strutbar and dial in the front camber as close as I can for a daily driver.........thx

Old 03-05-2008, 10:56 PM
5 Year Member
dude, do you have the rear swaybar? get that first. strutbars don't do anything. the rear swaybar will actually improve your handling, and make driving MUCH more fun

Old 03-05-2008, 10:57 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fit73
how does it get in the way of the oil change? is it the drain plug or does oil just get on it, also where did you purchase your urethane bushings?? sounds like you are pretty happy w/your suspension I'll probably stop when I get my front strutbar and dial in the front camber as close as I can for a daily driver.........thx
crap, i dont remember where i got my bushings from. i have the receipt for it somewhere. just search for them. there are like three kits for the fit.

the bar gets in the way of the draining oil. its a huge mess! i wrap my control arm brace in saran wrap every time i change my oil. also gets in the way of the transmissions draining oil. my car is a daily driver aswell and i kinda went crazy with my suspension. stiff as hell but comfort isnt really a necessity to me.

Old 03-05-2008, 10:58 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
ehhhh...... too blingy for me :P
tanabe makes one aswell. i dont think its as expensive and its pretty much the exact same part.

Old 03-05-2008, 11:00 PM
5 Year Member
sorry, i meant blingy as in costs $$$$ without a benefit :P :P.

IMO!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-05-2008, 11:05 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
sorry, i meant blingy as in costs $$$$ without a benefit :P :P.

IMO!!!!!!!!!!!
no way!!! that bar benefits soooo much! its not just connecting the control arms and making them stiffer but it also supports the front frame. imo this bar did ALOT for my handling. i cant wait to see if my progress rear sway bar plays well with all my other braces and supports. remember, each brace and support you put in your car may do a little or it may do alot, but it is never a bad thing. (agressive cornering-wise)

Old 03-05-2008, 11:15 PM
5 Year Member
your rear swaybar will RAPE ANY strutbar in terms of benefits.

i installed my progress rear swaybar today, and it DEFINATELY improved the handling

Old 03-05-2008, 11:19 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
the progress rear sway bar kinda seems like a lower strut tower bar. i only say this because there is no third connection in the middle of the bar. of course im probably wrong seeing as ive never dealt with sway bars for a solid axle rear end but thats kind of my perception. but i do recommend the lower control arm brace. really, the only part of my suspension that im kind of annoyed with is the j's roll center adjusters. and thats just because of the crappy design of how they sit in the control arm.

Old 03-05-2008, 11:25 PM
5 Year Member
i know what you mean, but the TRD rear swaybar is teh same as this for teh Xb and the XD and they actually work

Old 03-05-2008, 11:33 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
yea. no doubt it does wonders for the rear of our cars but my car already handles like a madman. i just hope stiffening up the rear this much isnt going to cause understeer in the front. of course, i will have zero understeer when i stop being a lazy ass and drop my tranny to put my damn LSD in!!!!! crap i am lazy.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:15 AM
5 Year Member
i have the T1r lower arm bar omg do you feel it... its worth of getting

Old 03-06-2008, 03:37 AM
5 Year Member
Do you have to take the tires off and support the control are to release the pressure to install the front lower arm brace? If I take the lower control arm bolt out, will the arm get out of alignment and have a hard time align it back?

Old 03-06-2008, 03:42 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by martymcfly
Do you have to take the tires off and support the control are to release the pressure to install the front lower arm brace? If I take the lower control arm bolt out, will the arm get out of alignment and have a hard time align it back?
im not sure. when i put mine on, i was putting my first set of roll center adjusters in. so my control arm was already out.

Old 03-07-2008, 02:50 AM
Originally Posted by fit73
anyone have 1 of these??? any feedback would be great.......aj-racing were all out of stock on front strut bars, so I ordered the T1R lower arm brace and carbon c-pillar bar, wil get back to you guys w/pix and reviews. think I'm gonna concentrate on supsension 1st then on some power, btw Ben at aj told me their developing a carbon front strut bar for april so I'll wait till then.........thx guys
I got the Tanabe version of the lower arm bar. Under a hundred bucks. It gave the car a heavier feel and more controlled ride. It also took away the highway speed swaying feel. To me it was well worth the money. 15 minutes to install. Best bang for the buck so far for me.

Old 03-08-2008, 12:28 AM
just received my gifts from aj-racing thx ben!!!! took 5 days from Canada to Florida........ errr but no instructions on install for lower arm bar anyone care to write up a how-to, oh and the carbon c-pillar bar is bad ass, can't wait for th carbon front strut bar.......will have pix and reviews, plan is to install the pinch bolts for extra camber and get an alignmnet and lower arm bar then review and after I will add the c-pillar bar and see what pros or cons if any........

Quick Reply: review T1R lower arm brace