Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Spring Sounds

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 10:09 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
Spring Sounds

Alright well I just installed my Skunk2 springs in today... wonderful experience (rolls eyes)... hahaha yeah my left front driver side axel came out, but it was fairly easy to fix... no biggie...

Anyways yeah I just drove it about 8 miles and I'm noticing the springs making a creaking sound... kind of deep... little loud... but I'm just wondering if thats the springs setting in meaning the sound it normal yes? They will go away yess? lol Thanks!!!

-Sean

Old 03-08-2008, 10:21 PM
is the sound coming from the rear? they might need to settle, but i'd double check just to be safe. make sure the bottom spring pads are in place on the hole of the spring perch.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:41 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jeffquach
is the sound coming from the rear? they might need to settle, but i'd double check just to be safe. make sure the bottom spring pads are in place on the hole of the spring perch.
its from the right front. I had my car jacked up on the driver's side front for about an hour cuz we needed to go buy a new clip for the axel that popped out, so all of the weight was on that side for a while

Old 03-09-2008, 11:55 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
Bump for tips? Lol its been 1 day... hahaha

Old 03-12-2008, 02:22 PM
5 Year Member
i had a creaking noise coming from my front right after i installed new springs. I pretty much didn't retighten my lug nuts. I retightened them the next day and the creaking went away. I have no more creaking but some rubbing here and there D:

check to make sure all your bolts are tightened down and make sure the spring is set in the perches correctly or it will move around and most likely make some noise til it settles.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:24 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Amageus
i had a creaking noise coming from my front right after i installed new springs. I pretty much didn't retighten my lug nuts. I retightened them the next day and the creaking went away. I have no more creaking but some rubbing here and there D:

check to make sure all your bolts are tightened down and make sure the spring is set in the perches correctly or it will move around and most likely make some noise til it settles.

HAHAH FINALLY!!! someone who experienced this himself. hahah nice bro thanks... yeh ima check it today. hopefully itll work. i'm thinking i didnt tighten the two bolts on the coilover tight enough so its bouncing up and down and banging... thanks bro!