Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

mugen sport suspension

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 09:44 PM
mugen sport suspension

Im ordering the mugen sport suspension from king motorsport tommorrow for my virgin 08 ssm fit sport. I was also going to purchase a set of 15x6.5 mugen nr silver finish wheels. However, im holding off on wheels and staying with the stockers and putting on a more performance oriented tire. with all that being said, here is my question. I was thinking about getting wheel spacers (15mm) in order to push out the stock wheels, not only for looks, but also to get a wider track for handeling. good idea, bad idea, anyone running a similar set-up?

Old 08-05-2008, 02:29 AM
5 Year Member
15mm is probably too thick for stock bolts? I think after all the stock rims are still heavy & not wide enough. Get rims with proper width & offset instead.

Old 08-05-2008, 08:44 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
you can get the kics with new studs built in. especially with drums on
the rear it's more convenient.

considering you'll be at +40 and 15x6 wheels, if you run 195/50/15's
you'll definitely feel flatter through the turns.

but from my experience, this car runs better running stock offsets.
the steering feedback gets pretty distorted once you're under +45mm
running 6.5" or wider.

im currently at 15x7 +40. looks great, but the steering feedback is
awkward under acceleration coming out of turns...even more so when
i had the progress rear swaybar. the car has been aligned on the front
(rear non-adjustable). it's fine as a dd but if i was going to take it
to the canyons i would not use this setup. i would use stock wheels
with 195/50/15's also...possibly +15 kics on the rear, leave the front
offset as is and run progress rear swaybar.

btw, i had used and sold my progress rear swaybar so i have experience
with that bar and wat it offers.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:52 AM
5 Year Member
The difference that I felt between 15x6.5 +45mm & 15x7 +45mm with the same 205/50R15 tires is the turn-in response is a little quicker on the 6.5" width, which is a little more noticeable if u run 195/55R15. BUT 7" width do provide more grip when u're turning, u can get back on throttle a little earlier with that grip & proper alignment setup.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:40 PM
thanks in advance for the info guys. well i ordered the mugen suspension so im excited, but i didnt even know spoon made a suspension for the gd3. I just saw the set-up in spoonek4's avatar. I guess its a mute point, but how do you like your spoon set up spoonek4? are your wheels silver regamasters? anyway, from your guys info im leaning away from the spacers. as far as wheels go, i was thinking about a 15x6.5 +42 or +45 offset, 195/50/15. I wont tolerate any rubbing, and im pretty sure this setup with the mugen susp. will not rub. Do you guys think it could?

Old 08-06-2008, 01:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fibinochi
thanks in advance for the info guys. well i ordered the mugen suspension so im excited, but i didnt even know spoon made a suspension for the gd3. I just saw the set-up in spoonek4's avatar. I guess its a mute point, but how do you like your spoon set up spoonek4? are your wheels silver regamasters? anyway, from your guys info im leaning away from the spacers. as far as wheels go, i was thinking about a 15x6.5 +42 or +45 offset, 195/50/15. I wont tolerate any rubbing, and im pretty sure this setup with the mugen susp. will not rub. Do you guys think it could?
Mugen,J's racing,SPOON & showa tuning are all manufactured by SHOWA, which Showa also manufacture tons of hydraulic parts for Honda & Acura. My setup are not the SPOON setup. I actually bought these ones:

SHOWA TUNINGFƒVƒ‡[ƒEƒ`ƒ…[ƒjƒ“ƒO

Name:  DSCN8872.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  57.5 KB

I'm using Eibach pro kit front springs & T1R ver.1 rear springs now to maintain a certain ride height(I don't like it low) while stiffen up the ride. I use the T1R rear springs just because the Eibach rubs like crazy when I have something loaded in the back(again it's 15x6.5 +45mm with 205/50R15 tires that I'm using now). I think either +42 or +45mm offset is safe to go for. U can even use tires in 195/55R15 IMO.

Make sure u get camber bolts installed & alignment done after the Mugens are settled after a couple of weeks

Old 08-06-2008, 09:12 PM
i gotta also give my props to your ride spoonek4, it not only looks great, it seems as though the modding you do is carefully thought out, which is something i aspire towards. i havent gotten camber bolts, but i scheduled an alighnment which will be done at my local honda dealership two days after the install of the megen susp. my friend who is installing the susp. for me is a honda technician that has a deep love for hondas, having said that im confident my fit's handeling characteristics are going to be greatly upgraded with this mod. I also purchased the mugen front strut bar, im not sure its worth the cash when compared to other reputable strut bars, but oh well, its mugen and its spendy.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:25 PM
5 Year Member
i gotta also give my props to your ride spoonek4, it not only looks great, it seems as though the modding you do is carefully thought out, which is something i aspire towards. i havent gotten camber bolts, but i scheduled an alighnment which will be done at my local honda dealership two days after the install of the megen susp. my friend who is installing the susp. for me is a honda technician that has a deep love for hondas, having said that im confident my fit's handeling characteristics are going to be greatly upgraded with this mod. I also purchased the mugen front strut bar, im not sure its worth the cash when compared to other reputable strut bars, but oh well, its mugen and its spendy.
Thanks a lot for your comment!

Oh get SPC camber bolts(part#81260) installed up front before u go get alignment done. I'm running -1.5degree & 0 toe up front and stock usually 0.x degree even after lowering. It did make quite a bit of difference for me I can get back on to throttle much earlier when I'm exiting the corner.

My regamasters are in white btw!

Old 08-06-2008, 09:48 PM
good to know your regamasters are white, so if i get a silver set i wont completley be ripping you off! j/k. (my dream set of wheels are white mugen mf-10's, just have to be patient and wait for the perfect set to come along). i appreciate your camber suggestion, any helpful tips on where i could order the spc camber bolts?

Old 08-06-2008, 09:50 PM
nevermind, found them on ebay!!

Old 08-06-2008, 10:09 PM
5 Year Member
I guess u're talking about MF10L right? Yea they're hard to find and not cheap at all if u can find a set.

Old 08-07-2008, 01:16 AM
yes the mf10L is a beautiful wheel, there is a set on icbmotorsport.com right now. But $2,269 is a little out of my budget at the moment. Unfortunatley i dont see these wheels getting any cheaper. Im sure most if not all discountinued mugen wheels are and will continue to rise in value.

Old 08-07-2008, 01:56 AM
5 Year Member
yes the mf10L is a beautiful wheel, there is a set on icbmotorsport.com right now. But $2,269 is a little out of my budget at the moment. Unfortunatley i dont see these wheels getting any cheaper. Im sure most if not all discountinued mugen wheels are and will continue to rise in value.
But man, there are lots of good rims with proper size, offset & weight out there with a decent price & strength. I won't buy Mugen if I don't have that extra pile of cash to toss around.

I bought the regamaster rims since long time ago & I used them on two other vehicles in my family before. Probably will use it til it's damaged at the track. If I'm throwing 2k-ish away for a set of rims they better be pretty light & strong. For that price I much much rather have Quaife LSD, Exedy clutch set & bigger final drive installed on my car!

Old 08-07-2008, 02:46 AM
Fa1
There's a few mf10L sets floating around on honda-tech if anyone's interested.

Old 09-14-2009, 01:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by spoonek4
Mugen,J's racing,SPOON & showa tuning are all manufactured by SHOWA, which Showa also manufacture tons of hydraulic parts for Honda & Acura. My setup are not the SPOON setup. I actually bought these ones:

SHOWA TUNINGFƒVƒ‡[ƒEƒ`ƒ…[ƒjƒ“ƒO

I'm using Eibach pro kit front springs & T1R ver.1 rear springs now to maintain a certain ride height(I don't like it low) while stiffen up the ride. I use the T1R rear springs just because the Eibach rubs like crazy when I have something loaded in the back(again it's 15x6.5 +45mm with 205/50R15 tires that I'm using now). I think either +42 or +45mm offset is safe to go for. U can even use tires in 195/55R15 IMO.

Make sure u get camber bolts installed & alignment done after the Mugens are settled after a couple of weeks
Would like to ask about these. Sorry for resurrecting this thread.

Did you try the ride quality on the Showa Tuning springs before you swapped them out for the Eibachs?

Old 09-14-2009, 02:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Type 100
Would like to ask about these. Sorry for resurrecting this thread.

Did you try the ride quality on the Showa Tuning springs before you swapped them out for the Eibachs?
I didn't buy the setup with Showa's springs. They weren't available from the source that I bought them from. I would recommend swift springs or other springs closer to a linear design if u want it a lil more responsive. The Eibach pro-kit front springs I got are a lil soft.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:48 AM
5 Year Member
^ I see, I figured as much. According to Showa Tuning's website, their springs that come with the GD Sports suspension are painted red.

They don't offer much of a drop either - not even an inch. But I'm okay with that.

Thanks for the info

Old 09-15-2009, 12:14 AM
Post pictures when you have everything done. Im sure it will look good!

Old 09-15-2009, 03:26 AM
5 Year Member
How the ride height look like at stand still, with Eibach prokit front springs & T1R ver1 rear springs.....

Name:  IMG_0746.jpg
Views: 671
Size:  150.0 KB