Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Skunk2 Pro-C problem. Please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 10:30 PM
Skunk2 Pro-C problem. Please help!!!

Okay, for the past few weeks, it has been dreadful driving my car due to the fact that my ride is now horrible. When I first installed the Skunk2 Pro-C’s in the beginning of June, the coilovers rode extremely satisfying and smooth. Now, it is so bouncy to the point where it rides like I have cut springs. Even my old Skunk2 lowering springs rode better than these. I’m not talking about when I’m driving on bad roads because even when the road is new and smooth, it is still bumpy. The “bumpyness” can be described as the front of the car being dipped forward and side-to-side constantly. It drives me crazy to the point where I hate driving my car now.

Yesterday, when I took both the front wheels out, there was something noticeably different from one side to another. The placement of the springs was not seated the same way. If you look at the 2nd picture below, you can notice that the words Skunk2 written on the springs are faced differently. One is facing toward the rear of the car and the other is faced outward. I believe the problem of the car being bumpy is due to this. What do you guys think? Does the placement of the springs have an effect at all on the car?

Another observation I made was that, the left side of the car was definitely lowered than the other by 1inch. I have heard some of my friends mentioning that having one side lowered than the other is completely normal because the driver is usually driving by himself on the left side. I’m not sure if this is correct or not so I would like to have ur guys opinions or knowledge on this also.

I really believe that the cause of the horrible ride is not due to the stiffness of Skunk2 because many Fitfreakers on here who have the Pro-C can vouch that these coilovers are one of the best coilovers made for the Fit. It might ride a lil more stiff, but the comfort is manageable.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:02 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
This is a reason why u need to understand how to properly set up coilovers for the level of ride you want. It looks like you set your spring rebound different on both front springs. There are videos on the skunk2 website that can educate you on how to properly set up the coilovers. I suggest you take a look at them so you can setup the coilovers up so they ride how you want them too. Logo placement on the spring doesnt matter.

hope that helps.

Old 07-22-2010, 03:39 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
yeah differing spring orientation won't have an effect. if you haven't changed the setup (and it used to ride comfy) yet the ride has deteriorated drastically, something probably happened.

from your description of it constantly bouncing it sounds like a shock is blown? when i think "bouncy" i think hitting a bump and then being on flat ground afterward, but continuing to bounce with little to no damping whatsoever. that seems like something's wrong with the shock/damper that it needs to be stiffer or repaired?

if you bounce or push down on your car to get the suspension to compress and then release it, see if it continues to bounce. that would be something wrong with the damper(s). it shouldn't go up and down for days.