Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

j's racing goodies

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 06:36 PM
5 Year Member
j's racing goodies

I want to improve cornering with j's racing stuff, but i don't know what to go for, here are my options:
Roll center adjusters
Front strut bar
Side inner brace
Rear strut tower bar
Any suggestions would be appreciated! It would also be nice to know in what order to get them
Btw as it's written in my sig, i'm dropped on GF210 and have the progress rsb!

Old 11-16-2010, 10:38 AM
5 Year Member
Damn after lots of research, seems that the RCA and the side inner braces are really worth it but a PITA to install. as for the strut bars, they seem to be mostly dress up parts... i could also have a cheap LSD, but the clutch type is high maintenance... my plans we're more set on helicoidal type

Old 11-16-2010, 02:54 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
fender braces and RCA's are your best bet.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:55 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
M-factory LSD would probably cost as much as J's braces+RCAs.. youd notice a huge difference with the lsd.

Old 11-16-2010, 03:13 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
i can hook you up with a full j's strut and spring combination where you will notice the most difference if your interested.

an x bar for the interior will help tie the chassis together so you will notice a slight difference there as well.

Old 11-16-2010, 03:13 PM
5 Year Member
Actually i could get braces and RCAs for maybe half the price... but now that you mention the Mfactory LSD... I had only searched for the Quaife ATB which is like 200$ pricier

Old 11-16-2010, 03:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kylerwho
i can hook you up with a full j's strut and spring combination where you will notice the most difference if your interested.

an x bar for the interior will help tie the chassis together so you will notice a slight difference there as well.
Thanks, J's shocks are in my future plans, but just not yet... i'll wait for my OEM shocks to die out As for the brace, i don't think it's worth loosing my interior space just yet

For now i bought ingalls stiffy and camber kit... I might go with fender braces, but for the RCA i don't think it will still be worth it when i pull the trigger on J's shocks... am i right?

Old 11-16-2010, 03:20 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
j's parts go nicely with each other. since the car is riding slightly lower as is now i would get the rca and then later on get the shock/spring so that handling will be at its premium capability.

Old 11-16-2010, 04:13 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the info! The thing is that kelsodeez said it was a real PITA to install... The JDM kit would be a lot better (with reinforced arms) but does'nt fit USDM... At least i'm only dropped by 1.2" that's why the GF210 don't drop as much as DF... Tanabe probably did'nt want to mess up the suspension geometry...

The RCA would make the camber bolts useless right? Btw what's the ride height vs. OEM on the showa's? Do they have camber adjustement? Would they perform close to CO on track?

Old 11-16-2010, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by cr4zy3lgato
Damn after lots of research, seems that the RCA and the side inner braces are really worth it but a PITA to install. as for the strut bars, they seem to be mostly dress up parts... i could also have a cheap LSD, but the clutch type is high maintenance... my plans we're more set on helicoidal type
I diagree about the strut bars. They DO make a difference. However, you have to have more than one for you to note the difference. Just buying one strut bar won't have much affect on the chassis.

If you need a good price on the J's strut bars, send me a PM, I can refer you to someone for a good deal.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:17 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
its the sport suspension that i would recommend.
J's Racing The X'tream Honada Ride

they handle very nicely. i installed them on a local ge and they improved overall handling very much. definitely what i would recommend for a dd and occasional track time.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:34 AM
5 Year Member
mmmh... you're talking about the first set right? That's also the one i was reffering to (i said showa cuz they're the ones who makes them)... can they compare to Skunk 2 pro-c's, AMR, T1R? softer i guess? and no adjustement... but that's alright, i trust more Showa to set up my suspension than myself after all they know what they're doing!

That was the set i wanted most because i prefer trusting a major damper company i.e. bilstein, showa, tokico than brands like megan, skunk 2, etc. but i know lots of people love the pro-c's

Old 11-17-2010, 03:13 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
the j's showa setup is basically perfect for a weekend warrior. definitely stiffer than stock but not harsh like with most coil overs.

they are going on my fit in february.

Old 11-17-2010, 03:37 PM
5 Year Member
But what's the drop? there's no point of putting RCA's if the drop is lower than 20 mm i.e. 3/4 inches... if it's more than that well yes it would be worth it... but problem is that they reuse the stock arms and they're said to bend easily when you install the RCA... Other problem is that you have to run 15" wheels or more after that... or you will ruin everything, ask kelsodeez...

Old 11-17-2010, 10:21 PM
5 Year Member
dang... anyone can comment on AMR? seems like they might be more adapted for track than showa (j's) and there's a member selling them for cheap on here!
EDIT: I did lots of research about AMR and least i can say is that Andy sure backs up is product... It seems that they use larger diameter piston, which produces a gash on the rear from rubbing, however it's said to not affect the ride...

I would really like to know what is the height of the showa suspension, I know that being to low without RCA's really screws up suspension geometry and i don't want to do that... AMR coils could prevent this issue...

Last edited by cr4zy3lgato; 11-18-2010 at 09:09 AM.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:54 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
the j's showa setup lowers the car 30mm in the front and 25mm in the rear.

Old 11-18-2010, 11:14 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks! so basically same stance as my GF210! so now either i pull the trigger on the AMR coil-overs right now or i wait to buy j's suspension...

Old 11-18-2010, 03:07 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
personally i would wait for the j's setup since you probably wont regularly track your car.

Old 11-18-2010, 03:58 PM
5 Year Member
could you explain for what reason please?

Old 11-19-2010, 03:08 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
the j's is preset for you with a stiffer ride for when you want to hit up the twisties but are still as reliable as the oem.

coils have more adjustment than most people know what to do with and are just overkill for a dd.

this is just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: j's racing goodies