Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

j's racing goodies

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 04:06 PM
5 Year Member
Yes, but if they're at the same price, i would'nt say this is overkill... I do like the AMR for what they are and if i had to get a set of adjustable coil-overs i wold jump on them right away! And the fact that they adjust in height is a nice thing for me, with the winters we sometimes get in qc city i can't afford to be too low... And it will be my first winter with a droped car... The only thing holding me back is that i kind of had other plans in near future... and i know that the j's will be there when i'm ready... On the other hand, i'm passing on a great deal!

Altough i love the handling of the fit, and i know that improving it is a better bang for the buck than hp upgrades, sometimes i just wished i could have a little more oomph!

Old 11-21-2010, 12:54 PM
I'd suggest you figure out your budget first. IMO if you want to spend less than $750 go with struts and springs. Personally I would recommend getting swift springs. If you are okay with that, then no further modifications. Out-of-pocket cost - about $300.

Then if you want something more stiff and your driving style gets aggressive then buy coilovers. The J's setup is overpriced for practical reasons. They're using sport Showa suspension and giving you Swift springs. The brand adds an additional $2-300 to the price.

You can also consider getting the Swift springs first and then get Spoon struts (about $5-600).

You can get some nice coilovers from other people used on this site for less than $1000. I'd recommend Buddy Club. More stiff than a daily but not as stiff as say JIC Magic.

Old 11-21-2010, 01:41 PM
5 Year Member
well is a little tough to figure a budget... what i really want right now is a car that serves me as a DD but also a weekend warrior... so i'm trying to build and improve my car towards that... but ultimately what i want is a fully dedicated track car, the only reason why it's still a DD is that i'm still a student (and university isn't cheap) when i have a stable job and a house with a nice garage it will probably stop being my DD (i want another fit for that )

I already have GF210 springs as i wanted a stiffer ride, i like them a lot, but don't plan on keeping them on my next suspension... what i want is a high end (kinda) suspension setup that will fulfill all of my needs... that's why i wanted to go with showa first, (btw on the J's site they say it's showa springs not swift) but then there's also a set of AMR coil overs at the same price and they seem amazing! but that will be a limited time offer...

I'm already spending $$$ right now on my next brake setup, so suspension was on hold... but then there's the deal...

But you might be right, maybe i could try to determine what are my plans in order... up till now what i did is take stuff from other members that parted out (way cheaper & almost as good)

Old 11-21-2010, 10:04 PM
5 Year Member
When I bought my T1R coilovers I only wanted a slight drop. But after multiple adjustments the spring rates were too soft for me and when I had to adjust the dampers it made the ride pretty stiff. So I got swift springs which are terrfic with the OEM shocks. Now I am waiting for T1R dampers to go on sale or get some other ones.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:20 AM
5 Year Member
well, in my case i kinda enjoy a stiff/rough ride... as long as it corners! the amr coil would come with 4k and 6k springs (i'd probably choose the 6k!) as i said before what i really like is the ability to be closer to stock ride height... i did'nt install my GF210 because i wanted a drop, i did it for better cornering which are two completely different things...