Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Wierd clunking noise form Skunk coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 05:37 AM
5 Year Member
Wierd clunking noise form Skunk coilovers

Hey guys, I've had my coils for about 2 years and and they developed a weird clunking/tocking noise on the right front within the last nine months. I was only able to hear this noise under 45MPH and it would happen whenever I went over any kind of bump. About 2 months ago I had to brake pads put on the car so I told the guys at the shop to take a look at the coilover to see if they could figure out what was up. They said that they took the front suspension off and, that on top the front shocks there is a bearing that rests on top of the shock body that is bad because when they spun it, it didn't sound right. So it sounds a bit weird to me but it was late and they were closing so I drove my car home and everything sounded fine. Fast forward 1.5 weeks and now the same noise is coming from the left front! You guys think it is possible that they just miked up L and R when re installing, and why was it that the noise did not manifest itself immediately if that's what happened? Just wondering if anyone has had this noise before and knows what it means.

tl;dr: right shock making noises, got it fixed now left shock makes same noise

Old 02-10-2011, 10:08 AM
5 Year Member
double check and see if the endlinks are not broken. i know from my experience mine was and it would only make sounds on bumps and it took me forever to realize it that it was the endlinks