Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Swift Sport Mach Springs With Stock Everything else, good idea?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 12:03 PM
Swift Sport Mach Springs With Stock Everything else, good idea?

I have read that the Swift Sport Mach Springs are the springs to have if you plan on keeping everything else stock when lowering your car.

My question is, will the Swift springs wear down your stocks, and struts more so than the Fit's stock springs, or will it actually preserve the longevity of them more? I am looking for a little bit of a drop while keeping the handling, and performance as well.

Old 04-19-2011, 01:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cicatrix
I have read that the Swift Sport Mach Springs are the springs to have if you plan on keeping everything else stock when lowering your car.

My question is, will the Swift springs wear down your stocks, and struts more so than the Fit's stock springs, or will it actually preserve the longevity of them more? I am looking for a little bit of a drop while keeping the handling, and performance as well.
They for sure won't increase longevity of the stock struts but shouldn't significantly shorten there life either. Also, I haven't heard of anyone wearing out there factory shocks by installing these springs. I've got a set on order as we speak and plan on pairing them up with my factory shocks which have 95K on them. I guess we'll see.

Old 04-19-2011, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by willy65000
They for sure won't increase longevity of the stock struts but shouldn't significantly shorten there life either. Also, I haven't heard of anyone wearing out there factory shocks by installing these springs. I've got a set on order as we speak and plan on pairing them up with my factory shocks which have 95K on them. I guess we'll see.

Hey willy65000,

That's good to hear no one having shock problems with these springs. Everything about Swift Sport Mach springs I I have been reading seems really, really good. I want to be sure I am not overlooking any issues later on that I am not aware of. I just purchased a Honda Fit last week. I am planning on keeping this car for a while and want to get a jump on modding it up a bit. I don't do a tremendous amount of driving, and the driving I do is pretty grandma-ish any way, so I'm thinking I will be more than ok with these. I put maybe 3000 miles a year on.

Congratulations on the new Swift Sport Mach Springs as well! I hope they work out great for you, and from the general consensus, it seems they will.

Old 04-19-2011, 04:03 PM
They are builty to work with the facory shocks, maximizing the quality of the ride. I would say they actually improve the performance of your factory suspension by getting the most out of it.

Now, here's a little hint. Get your car the Progress or Tiger Tuning rear sway bar. In my humble opinion, the combination of Swifts with a rsb is about the most responsive and fun ride you can get in a GE8.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by Tauwolf
They are builty to work with the facory shocks, maximizing the quality of the ride. I would say they actually improve the performance of your factory suspension by getting the most out of it.

Now, here's a little hint. Get your car the Progress or Tiger Tuning rear sway bar. In my humble opinion, the combination of Swifts with a rsb is about the most responsive and fun ride you can get in a GE8.
This is great news to hear. Thanks very much for the helpful suggestions. The Tiger rear sway bar definitely looks like something I would be interested in.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tauwolf

I'm curious as to weather you've tried these springs without the swaybar. If so, did the car understeer or feel pretty neutral?

Old 04-19-2011, 08:10 PM
Also, looking at the Progress rear sway bar on their site it only has up to 2010 Honda Fit models. Will the Progress RSB work on a 2011 Fit? I really want this now! It looks like a super easy install.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:16 PM
The really good news is that your stock shocks and struts should last you about three hundred years if you only drive 3,000 miles a year. LOL I have put over 75K on stock struts with Skunk2 springs and they are still fine if that sets your mind at ease

Old 04-20-2011, 12:05 AM
Originally Posted by grtpumpkin
The really good news is that your stock shocks and struts should last you about three hundred years if you only drive 3,000 miles a year. LOL I have put over 75K on stock struts with Skunk2 springs and they are still fine if that sets your mind at ease
Excellent news indeed. That is great they are still holding up like that.
I am going to be purchasing the springs, and RSB tomorrow. I am so exited with all of these great mods I'm going to be doing.
I am going to take it down to a shop right down the street from my house to have the springs installed. I know I would be able to do the RSB myself after looking at one of the DIY threads, as it seems pretty easy, but depending on how much the shop charges to do it, I might just have them install it for me. It couldn't be more than $30.00 for that. Could it?

I really appreciate everyone's input with this. Good folks here.