Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

D2 Coilover & Adjustable end-link Install Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 02:17 PM
D2 Coilover & Adjustable end-link Install Questions

Hey everyone. I just received my D2 RS Coilovers for my 2007 Honda Fit Sport, and I was hoping someone could help me with a few questions. The main question I have is regarding the end link. This kit came with adjustable endlinks for the front, and it also has an adjustable mounting point on the shock body itself to hook the front end link in to. Here are the pictures and the mount:

The instructions show the endlink mounting basically straight up and down (vertically), and having it lined up with the two 17mm mounts on the shock body, but I'm guessing I should try to keep the end link as short as possible? Also, the mounting plate on the shock for the endlink spins up and down on the shock body, does anyone know how the heck this thing locks down? It has an allen bolt on one side of it, and I'm guessing that needs to be tightened down, but I don't want to screw up the threads that this thing rotates on. Here's a pic of the bolt:

Thanks for any insight you folks can offer.