Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Buddy Club N+ Coilover Review

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member
Pull ur fender more problem gone

Old 03-01-2013, 03:58 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wafulz
Pull ur fender more problem gone
That wont fix it.

Old 03-01-2013, 05:34 PM
5 Year Member
@Waffles: Pulling the fenders would just fix an issue brought on by the original issue, it wouldn't make the car drive correctly.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:02 PM
5 Year Member
mike, you are confusing. A car shouldn't need stiffer springs to clear a certain tire size... Either it can clear when the suspension is compressed or it can't. Having stiffer springs is just like hiding the fact that the combination doesn't work. I understand that Chris wants to use stiffer springs in the rear to hide that and I don't have a problem. But I would still consider that the wheel/tire combo don't truly fit, they just aren't causing problems b/c a stiff spring is hiding the problem. A big bump or a ton of weight in the rear will surely bring the problem to attention.

As far as your tie rod fitment, I am using stock ones and never had any issues on fitment and do not know of any other GD I know with buddyclub N+s that have had a tie rod issue

Old 03-01-2013, 08:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by accordguyintake
mike, you are confusing. A car shouldn't need stiffer springs to clear a certain tire size... Either it can clear when the suspension is compressed or it can't. Having stiffer springs is just like hiding the fact that the combination doesn't work. I understand that Chris wants to use stiffer springs in the rear to hide that and I don't have a problem. But I would still consider that the wheel/tire combo don't truly fit, they just aren't causing problems b/c a stiff spring is hiding the problem. A big bump or a ton of weight in the rear will surely bring the problem to attention.

As far as your tie rod fitment, I am using stock ones and never had any issues on fitment and do not know of any other GD I know with buddyclub N+s that have had a tie rod issue
Do you want the most tire possible? If the dampers/springs are doing their job, the tires should not come into contact with the car, Chris has been doing this long enough to know what's he doing with tire/wheel sizing.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:43 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
20 miles of non aggressive driving from the shop to home. chunked up tires, fucked up inner JDM bumper.

Look at the height and where the rub marks are... this shit travels more than a fucking pre runner truck.

Attached Thumbnails Buddy Club N+ Coilover Review-rubqh.jpg  
Old 03-02-2013, 03:08 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
A car shouldn't need stiffer springs to clear a certain tire size... Either it can clear when the suspension is compressed or it can't. Having stiffer springs is just like hiding the fact that the combination doesn't work. I understand that Chris wants to use stiffer springs in the rear to hide that and I don't have a problem. But I would still consider that the wheel/tire combo don't truly fit, they just aren't causing problems b/c a stiff spring is hiding the problem. A big bump or a ton of weight in the rear will surely bring the problem to attention.
^ I agree. A properly set up car's wheel and tire should clear everything on full steering lock, full compression, anything.

Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
The struts dont feel blown, but they dont feel like they are increasing or decreasing dampening.
Maybe the adjustments aren't working. Maybe your set has problems. Maybe the coilovers really do suck. Jason already offered to meet up and try to figure out what's up. That seems like the best way to get to the bottom of this since your guys' opinions are completely different.

Old 03-02-2013, 04:06 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
I swapped out the suspension. Done.

Old 03-02-2013, 08:23 PM
5 Year Member
Dude I had the same wheel and tire with 1 finger gap and I tracked it all day and taken it off road and never had any rubbing issues with the rear... Actually my rims were 1" wider than yours I believe. Like I said stiff springs will only hide the problem. If it can't clear then it can't clear... Mike I was talking about the fender edge and bumper to the tire, not the tire to the inner wells of the fender.

My friend that works at buddyclub tried calling you twice to speak to you about the issues and you chose to ignore his call two times and not call him back so I don't know what to say. You're not taking odd steps for the situation and your impressions have not come from a well thought out mindset, sorry but I tried to help

Old 03-04-2013, 12:14 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
My friend that works at buddyclub tried calling you twice to speak to you about the issues and you chose to ignore his call two times and not call him back so I don't know what to say. You're not taking odd steps for the situation and your impressions have not come from a well thought out mindset, sorry but I tried to help
Need to get your facts straight. He called me once, while I was at work. Called after work and they were closed. In fact, it was him who originally ignored me. Didn't respond to text or email. I'm still going to contact him today on my lunch, as I still need to talk to him. Not taking odd steps out? I called them and tried to get this issues resolved before, It is not my fault that they chose put me on the back burner, Only contacting me after this matter was posted publicly, and only because you brought it to their attention. Why is everyone bringing up my wheel tire setup, this shit doesnt matter. I have a wide setup, i know it will rub, but a coilover should EASILY prevent this. The dampening didn't make a difference with progressive springs on. I checked the strut when removed and it wasnt adjusting properly, was fine after messing with it on the shock dyno for awhile. Maybe the piston wasn't responding correctly or was clogged? It almost seems like these may have been for a GE.

I appreciate that you took a concern and tried to assist... but also realize that I know what I am doing, and took the appropriate steps to handle this situation, which got me nowhere.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
Stiffening up the coilovers will not make the issue better, It's obvious that the spring is what is causing your problem. That's why I suggested for you to try any other springs like maybe from your old coilover kit if you have it on hand to see if it fixes it. I had the same thoughts when I first put on the coils which is why I found a spring with the same rate but linear not progressive. After I did that, I never needed any additional changes to the coilover. I would say that thie springs they come with under normal driving feels just as soft as stock, that's why there is so much travel

Old 03-04-2013, 03:07 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Stiffening up the coilovers will not make the issue better, It's obvious that the spring is what is causing your problem. That's why I suggested for you to try any other springs like maybe from your old coilover kit if you have it on hand to see if it fixes it. I had the same thoughts when I first put on the coils which is why I found a spring with the same rate but linear not progressive. After I did that, I never needed any additional changes to the coilover. I would say that thie springs they come with under normal driving feels just as soft as stock, that's why there is so much travel
And in my first post I said I had purchased a set of springs and was waiting for them to come in. So what you had suggested I had already done and knew.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:19 PM
5 Year Member
If you already knew that, why didn't you wait to give your impressions after trying it instead of saying that it was terrible and you would no longer use the product and shun it? A post made after you try stiffer springs saying that the one is comes with doesn't work for you with the outcome of trying out stiffer springs would make a lot more sense.

He did call you back 2 times, not in the same day, and he said both times he didn't hear back from you. I can let him know to expect your call today, but it looks like you have no plans of using them anymore since you said it's off the car now?

Old 03-04-2013, 03:28 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
If you already knew that, why didn't you wait to give your impressions after trying it instead of saying that it was terrible and you would no longer use the product and shun it? A post made after you try stiffer springs saying that the one is comes with doesn't work for you with the outcome of trying out stiffer springs would make a lot more sense.

He did call you back 2 times, not in the same day, and he said both times he didn't hear back from you. I can let him know to expect your call today, but it looks like you have no plans of using them anymore since you said it's off the car now?

He is a fucking liar then. He called me once when I originally contacted him, and I spoke with him. The only other time he called was the 1 time on Friday. And the reason I posted it, was because after I modify it to work correctly, it is just that.... a modified kit. Not the Standard BC kit that comes from them. And I am still having issues with the front. Makes me think they gave me a GE kit. If I had stock wheels/tires it would have still rubbed. So again, my wheel/tire setup was not solely to blame for the rubbing.

Edit: the rear suspension is off the car. I have my previous coilovers back on the rear.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:34 PM
5 Year Member
I highly doubt stock wheels can rub... I've seen some fits on stock wheels dumped to hell with no problems, haha

Anyways I'll txt him to let him know that you may call him today, not sure how to tell if it's a GD/GE kit but I'm sure he'll know what to do then.

Maybe he counted that one time he spoke with you as one phone call and the time he called and you didnt pick up as another? Lol no need to say he's a fucking liar. He doesn't speak english super well so there might be a language barrier there

Old 03-04-2013, 04:20 PM
5 Year Member
I just spoke with him, the GE rear shock is totally different than GD and is not interchangable

Old 03-04-2013, 05:35 PM
5 Year Member
Name:  DeadChildren-1254052385.gif
Views: 669
Size:  1.8 KBName:  DeadChildren-1254052385.gif
Size:  1.8 KB

WOah................ fucking lair ehhhh

IDK about that.....

Attached Images
File Type: gif
DeadChildren-1254052385.gif (1.8 KB, 36 views)
DeadChildren-1254052385.gif (1.8 KB, 33 views)
DeadChildren-1254052385.gif (1.8 KB, 34 views)
DeadChildren-1254052385.gif (1.8 KB, 28 views)
DeadChildren-1254052385.gif (1.8 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by Wafulz; 03-05-2013 at 04:50 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:15 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wafulz

WOah................ fucking lair ehhhh

IDK about that.....
If he is saying i am not calling him back... then yes. Also I tried calling him today and I was told he is not there.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:46 PM
5 Year Member
He offered to call you today but I did not know when you were free so I just told him to expect your call... What time do you want him to talk to you tomorrow?

Old 03-05-2013, 11:32 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
it's a toss up. I am at work until 5. Just depends how busy it is.

Quick Reply: Buddy Club N+ Coilover Review