FIT-Vendor Sponsored Group Buys and Sales Organize group buys to get discounts. Only Forum Sponsors may post group buys in this sub-forum. Forum Sponsors will have "FIT Vendors" in their user title and have gone through a screening process by FIT Freak staff.

JDP Prototype GE Rear Spoiler Extension

Old 05-14-2011, 01:19 AM
can you post pics that show the whole car with this spoiler?

This looks great! I have a base in blue sensation pearl and was thinking of putting a black oem style spoiler on it. I have been searching for pics to see what it might look like. Do you have any from farther away that show the whole car?

Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
Actually, you should create a full replacement with bolt covers. The covers aren't that hard to make, since it's just a small piece of plastic. I know that the 2007 spoilers also have a plastic covering the bolt holes and that piece of plastic is clipped in, but u could just re-create that little piece of plastic and use double sided tape to hold it on. That's what they did when they test-fitted the extreme dimensions carbon fiber oem replacement spoiler on my car. Check it out:

See.. just like oem. And those little pieces were held on by double sided tape to the bolts and the sides of the spoiler. It never came loose by itself yet when i'd use a screwdriver, it would come off easy enough.

I'd highly recommend doing it like that. I mean the add-on piece is cool, but if it's not perfect (paint, the gaps, etc). it's not going to look good. A full replacement would look muuuch better.

Another option would be to include a full replacement spoiler and include OEM honda bolt covers. There like $10 pre-painted. The only one's u'd have to redo would be in carbon fiber, but i don't think that'll be too hard since it's small.

Old 05-14-2011, 07:48 PM
Not a bad idea but I'm not really feeling that half & half look of the spoiler... just don't look right as a package.

what would look sweet IMO is for the side of the spoiler to be entirely covered... that way it won't look weird. Heck... throw in some fin extension on the bolt cover tabs too while you're in prototyping mode!

Old 05-15-2011, 12:22 AM
i personally think its a great idea! IF!! its color matched. But then its pointless to make it out of carbon fiber. would fiberglass be cheaper?