Fit Wheels & Tires Discuss Wheels & Tires for the Fit and Jazz

TIRE questions,sizes, mounting,pressures ANY tire questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by flypsyde
@BigBadMadMan
He's got a base Fit and so no moldings. Maybe that's why it looks taller
Ya, maybe that's it. The great thing about the base fit is that if you DO drop it, you won't have the moldings to get in the way of things like curbs and uneven pavement. that's the only thing that scares me about dropping an already low car (my SSM sport MT).

Old 04-16-2007, 12:41 PM
5 Year Member
hey guys...my first post...although i've been a member right before the fit was released. Been reading the forums but haven't posted. Got my fit on 04/01/07. LOL. I just threw on a set of 17s that i had on my prelude (now totaled) with 215/45/17s. After putting them on and having 3 ppl in the car I noticed rubbing on the rear when doing cornering and bumps. With 2 ppl it's less noticeable but still there. I have no clue what the offset on the 17s are. They are ADR Sokudos? I drove the car to work and haven't noticed any rubbing due to just myself in the car. I am planning on switching the tires out to 205/40/17s assuming they will work with my set of rims. I haven't checked but is there anyway to find out the size and offset of the rims possibly by #s on the inside or outside of the rims? here is a pic of the rims on my VBP fit:

This was taken with my camera phone so quality might not be so great. Car needs washing as well as the rims. I love the gap in the rear but the rubbing will get annoying after a while especially if i have passengers. The front has a bigger gap but that's something I can deal with. I love the rims on my car. Hopefully the new tires will cause the rubbing to go away. I know some ppl have problems with the same tire sizes but im hoping i dont >.<. I was planning on lowering the car but with these rims it doesn't look I need it.

Old 04-16-2007, 12:56 PM
They usually have the offsets and width on the inside. If they dont, you could measure the width of the wheel and then measure the offset to get a rough idea.

Old 04-16-2007, 08:28 PM
5 Year Member
I Guess I have to fess up, I guess I spoke to soon, Went to breakfast with a buddy in the back, Fender rubbed slightly on the edge of the tires. Now I have to figure out how to roll the fender without cracking the paint..

Old 04-17-2007, 11:24 AM
5 Year Member
having 4 stock tires and rims isn't gonna equal to one of your friends most likely. Unless your friend was Nicole Richie XD. When i checked my rear tires I couldn't find the spot where my tires are rubbing. Since i drive to work by myself I don't get any rubbing. I checked my rims yesterday and i couldn't find any size or offset. I just hope that 205/40/17s will work fine with the rims. I think im gonna go to a local tire shop where I live and get a quote. I'm hoping that the 205/40/17s wont have any rubbing issues cause I really don't want to go smaller >.>.

Old 04-17-2007, 10:23 PM
5 Year Member
I have 205/40/17's and they rub, I have the same deal going to work If I'm alone I don't rub at all. I figured out that if I weight down the back the wheels tend to tuck up and foward due to the solid rear axle. But the Offset is the key I don't think +42 is a enough. The stock base wheels have a +55 offset. You can always roll the fenders, they have tools and ways to do it. I looking into that know will posts pics once I figure it out...

Old 04-17-2007, 10:43 PM
5 Year Member
the only problem with rolling the fenders is one half is metal and the half that is part of the rear bumper is plastic of some kind. I am thinking about getting a grinder and just removing the lip all together.

Old 04-17-2007, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by leonine
the only problem with rolling the fenders is one half is metal and the half that is part of the rear bumper is plastic of some kind. I am thinking about getting a grinder and just removing the lip all together.
So what's smarter, getting the proper (but still cool and larger than the stock ones) rims and tires before install them on the car or... just starting dismantling parts of your brand-new car
Chris

Old 04-17-2007, 10:59 PM
5 Year Member
well actualy tire rack stated that they would not rub. And the place that i bought them said they would not rub either. I guess they did not test the combo well enough. That being said am still extremely satisfied with them. As far as tearing my new car apart i think that is a bit of an overstatement on your part.

If you want to keep your car stock or slightly modified thats cool do what you want to it but their ARE others that like to customize.

Last edited by leonine; 04-17-2007 at 11:02 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:18 AM
well actualy tire rack stated that they would not rub. And the place that i bought them said they would not rub either. I guess they did not test the combo well enough. That being said am still extremely satisfied with them. As far as tearing my new car apart i think that is a bit of an overstatement on your part.

If you want to keep your car stock or slightly modified thats cool do what you want to it but their ARE others that like to customize.
Did you buy the rims/tires from the very place you have installed them from? If yes, all you have to do is to go back with the written warranty in hand and force them to fix the problem for free, if not, so you bought the stuff via Internet and then went to a shop that installed them, of course there is no warranty and it's your own decision how to fix the problem...
I paid for my 5AT Sport about C$27K (high taxes in Canada), you gotta kill me to think that the freaking fender "adjustment" is not damaging the original body of the car, maybe when the car is 5-7-10 years old, but not as brand-new...
Chris

Old 04-18-2007, 06:59 AM
5 Year Member
We are talking about shaving off the lip on the underside if the rear wheel well. Why dont you go out and take a look at the rear wheel well of your fit so you can see what we are talking about. Its not a big deal at all. it is trimming it down so there is more clearance for the rim. You are making it sound mch worse than it is. And like i said before, some people like to customize their cars so why dont you do what you want to your car and we will do what we want to ours and we will all be happy as clams.

Old 04-18-2007, 09:33 AM
5 Year Member
I finally recieved my P1s yesterday and was suprised to see that on the boxes, Buddy club has two different offsets. One is the 42 that I ordered and the other is 48. Not sure if the 48 is available in all wheel sizes, but seems like a good choice for those that don't want the rub.

Old 04-18-2007, 09:42 AM
5 Year Member
What size/color did you get? Be careful what lugs you get because the paint is very sensitive.

I wonder if the 48 offset would rub the shock towers though. I like the lower offset because it gives me a wider stance on the road and handling has improved dramatically. I also have the progress rear sway bar so that helps too.

Enjoy the rims and post pics please.

Old 04-18-2007, 10:56 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up Tire pressure and rotation....

Just wanted to see where other Fit drivers are keeping their tire pressure?

And at what mileage are people rotating the tires?

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-18-2007, 11:56 AM
Though I don't have my Fit yet (is it 3pm yet? Damn.) most Honda's set their tire pressures at 32psi front and rear.

On all my cars I rotate the tires at least every other oil change (8-10,000 kms), and simply move them front to rear and vice-versa. It seems a little excessive, but being a FWD car only the fronts do any work so keeping them fresh keeps uneven wear to a minimum (unless your alignment is off, mainly toe).

I'll re-reply when I actually take delivery... soon... I hope

Old 04-18-2007, 02:10 PM
5 Year Member
I rotate tires every oil change. It isnt that hard to do.

And arent you supposed to criss cross the fronts when you rotate them to the rear?

Old 04-18-2007, 03:21 PM
5 Year Member
Coming from the Kumho Escta SPT: I just orderd a set of BFGoodrich G Force Sports for my 16" HFP wheels.
I'll report back initial impressions.
Kumhos got roughly 27K out of them. not to bad for "Ultra High performance summer tires"
Priced out same Kumhos and they were about $68-90 vs. the $73-$88 range for the BFGs.
Tread life is rated as being longer for the BFGs

Last edited by GoFits; 04-18-2007 at 03:24 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:09 PM
5 Year Member
I got 17s in gunmetal. Will the stock sport lug nuts work? Any suggestions for a good summer tire?

Old 04-18-2007, 06:14 PM
ive been considering the same thing too, i had to shave the rear fenders on my GS300, its just the whole plastic thing worries me

Old 04-18-2007, 08:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by moondog
I got 17s in gunmetal. Will the stock sport lug nuts work? Any suggestions for a good summer tire?
You will have to get new lugs. I can tell ya from personal experience that the paint is very sensitive on these wheels. Make sure you get quality lugs that are for aftermarket wheels. No buldge acorn.

As for summer tires BF Goodrich G-Force KDW2 tires are what i have and they are incredible. I am sure as the weather warms up they will be even better.

Quick Reply: TIRE questions,sizes, mounting,pressures ANY tire questions