Fit Wheels & Tires Discuss Wheels & Tires for the Fit and Jazz

For All The Stretched/Wide Wheel Haters....

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 01:49 PM
5 Year Member
Damn... those buldge out a lot more than I was expecting/hoping... and I'm sure the 1/8" spacer didn't make that much of a difference. I'm sure there's no way of running the car any lower than what you have. Bleh... I'm kind of sad now.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:43 PM
5 Year Member
is this only test fitting them wheels onto your car? or what?
I want to see them on your car with the fender mod to fit.

Did you try the rear? I want to see those spec sits on the rear please.

Old 08-02-2007, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by Crixtala
Damn... those buldge out a lot more than I was expecting/hoping... and I'm sure the 1/8" spacer didn't make that much of a difference. I'm sure there's no way of running the car any lower than what you have. Bleh... I'm kind of sad now.

the only way to go lower is bag it, or coilovers on the lowest setting...both dumb ideas...and the spacer does make a difference...cambering in would decrease some buldge, but its 1.5 inches wider then stock with a 25 offset, of course it will buldge....

Old 08-04-2007, 04:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Whitehybrid
the only way to go lower is bag it, or coilovers on the lowest setting...both dumb ideas...and the spacer does make a difference...cambering in would decrease some buldge, but its 1.5 inches wider then stock with a 25 offset, of course it will buldge....

why would it be dumb to dump your car? its do-able at a certain height and with 16 w/ 195-40 it will be straight.

Last edited by redrumm; 08-04-2007 at 04:47 PM.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:48 PM
for DD purposes, its impractical, the camber issues would eat tires if you were to drive it everyday...not to mention wear on your front/rear/sides from the road...i had a dumped 96 accord as a dd and had to pick and choose where to go, what roads to take, all because i was too low...and i imagine none of the cars you posted are driven daily...i was speaking in terms of DD'ing, not being a trailer/show queen...

Old 08-05-2007, 03:40 PM
I have to say that those wheels look really clean especially on the white. I can understand wanting to roll the fenders so you can get that extra clearance. But yeah That is definitley a clean look.

Old 08-05-2007, 08:57 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
why would it be dumb to dump your car? its do-able at a certain height and with 16 w/ 195-40 it will be straight.
How do you know they drive those cars daily like that? Some people do lower there cars more just for car shows. The DA is drivable yes, but that black Fit. No.

The black Fit has to have bags in the rear. Unless he has the rear fender wells tubbed you cant drive the car with the rear that low. It'll rub inside the fender wells.

When I installed my rear sway bar I left the springs out (on purpose) and lowered the car, it sat just like that. But theres no way in hell it would move.

Also, judging by what others have posted the Fit doesnt seem to have enough suspension travel to be dumped. Yes, they can be real low but not dumped. Ive seen the T1R coilovers all the way down and it sits like some do on springs.

Last edited by Raaaaaaaaaay.; 08-05-2007 at 09:00 PM.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:15 PM
5 Year Member
could not tell you if they are or not but i would not be surprised if they were.

Old 08-06-2007, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
I believe that Black fit is on Air Runner suspension, if it's the same one I'm thinking of.

Old 08-12-2007, 02:00 AM
LOL, I just paid for a set of Work Equip IIIs in 15x8 +20 (f) and 15x8 +10 (r) and they look really similar to your wheels. They are now being made by Work in Japan and I will also be stretching them on 195/50/15 Advan Neova tires. I am going to chop off parts of the fender and mould in some flares though. Also, will probably be going with Airrunner or Universal Air.

Combined with my noblesse kit (sitting in the garage atm) should be quite nice.

Old 08-12-2007, 03:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jtanoyo1
LOL, I just paid for a set of Work Equip IIIs in 15x8 +20 (f) and 15x8 +10 (r) and they look really similar to your wheels. They are now being made by Work in Japan and I will also be stretching them on 195/50/15 Advan Neova tires. I am going to chop off parts of the fender and mould in some flares though. Also, will probably be going with Airrunner or Universal Air.

tats some agressive offsets. awesome !

Old 08-12-2007, 01:59 PM
5 Year Member

damn that will look good. where did you order the works? i know weksos is having a sale

Old 08-13-2007, 11:25 AM
5 Year Member

Very nice!

Keep us posted once the rims come in and on the car with lots of pics.
I have a buddy with the Equip 3's on his Scion. When we have some time I will try them on and take some pics. They are 15x8's with a simialr offset i beleive.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Whitehybrid
for DD purposes, its impractical, the camber issues would eat tires if you were to drive it everyday...not to mention wear on your front/rear/sides from the road...i had a dumped 96 accord as a dd and had to pick and choose where to go, what roads to take, all because i was too low...and i imagine none of the cars you posted are driven daily...i was speaking in terms of DD'ing, not being a trailer/show queen...
It is not hard to DD a car setup like that. Toe kills tires faster than camber, make sure the tow is straight. The tires will wear faster, but 16s are cheap, and you can flip them since all the wear will be on the inside. Its easy to spot bad bumps and potholes, and it will be easy to avoid as well, you get used to it...

Old 08-14-2007, 07:23 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by claymore
Not true camber causes more wear and toe is not adjustable on the fit rear. You must dismount the tires and the remount them on the other side you can't just rotate them because the cords take a set and the tires must be put back on going in the same direction otherwise the cords may fail prematurely.
Thats all true if you want to get 100% life out of the tires, but its a sacrifice, the tires can last over a year, being backwards isnt that big a deal, I have driven quite a bit on these goofy setups.

Old 08-15-2007, 07:05 AM
5 Year Member
And you have been lucky google premature cord separation or something like that and read up on all the lawsuits and photos of cars that have been wrecked by cords separating.
Then myself and quite a few people I know of have been lucky, its a drifters thing, save all the tires you got.

Old 08-15-2007, 10:46 AM
I will definitely post up lots of pics. I am building the car with fender flares (kinda like those on mini coopers) to make the really Euro like....still debating on what to do with the suspension, might go on airrunner (like my old car) or a hybrid coilover/airbag setup a la Universal Air Suspension.

I got mine direct from Japan, ordered through a shop here locally.

Old 08-21-2007, 12:50 PM
5 Year Member
Not true camber causes more wear and toe is not adjustable on the fit rear. You must dismount the tires and the remount them on the other side you can't just rotate them because the cords take a set and the tires must be put back on going in the same direction otherwise the cords may fail prematurely.
Camber isn't adjustable on the rear either, is it? If not, is there a kit?

Old 08-21-2007, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member
i'm looking for the same thing.

I know they make camber shims for the Scion Xb. Wonder if they have somethign similar for th Fit.

Anyone know out there?

Old 08-30-2007, 02:26 AM
5 Year Member
17x7 with 25 offset

Quick Reply: For All The Stretched/Wide Wheel Haters....