Fit Wheels & Tires Discuss Wheels & Tires for the Fit and Jazz

08 fits with TPMS and rims?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 10:53 PM
5 Year Member
08 fits with TPMS and rims?

just wandering if you have to have the tpms reset if i install new rims my gonna be ridin on some fat 5 for a minute and wandering when i mount my factory tpms in new rims will i have to reset them. anybody know?

Old 06-22-2008, 12:16 AM
if you make sure you put the TPMS in the right places you took them off no you should be fine.

Old 06-22-2008, 12:17 AM
5 Year Member
If you put the sensors that are in the stock wheel into new wheels, you wont need to do anything else, the system will operate just fine. Biggest thing is make sure the new wheels accept the sensors. I changed wheels twice already, and moved the oem sensors both time, no problems.

Old 06-22-2008, 10:27 AM
5 Year Member
well what i will be doing is removing the factory wheels for about a week or two and install some fat 5s and ridin on those for about two weeks with no tpms in the fat 5s then i ll be installing the sensors in the new wheels. so the car wont have the sensors on for a minute.

Old 06-28-2008, 03:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AtticusFit
well what i will be doing is removing the factory wheels for about a week or two and install some fat 5s and ridin on those for about two weeks with no tpms in the fat 5s then i ll be installing the sensors in the new wheels. so the car wont have the sensors on for a minute.

You will be fine. The TPMS light will come on when you don't have the wheels with the sensors installed. I rode around with it like that for 3 months and then finally transfered the sensors over to my new wheels. All lights are out now and system operates as advertised. Just make sure you drive it around for a few miles before thinking that something is wrong. BTW, if you ride around with the sensors in the car, but not mounted the TPMS light goes out and the low pressure warning light comes on. You do not have to put the sensors back in there original locations or go to the dealer to have the system reset.

Old 06-29-2008, 01:30 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Fit Nutt
You will be fine. The TPMS light will come on when you don't have the wheels with the sensors installed. I rode around with it like that for 3 months and then finally transfered the sensors over to my new wheels. All lights are out now and system operates as advertised. Just make sure you drive it around for a few miles before thinking that something is wrong. BTW, if you ride around with the sensors in the car, but not mounted the TPMS light goes out and the low pressure warning light comes on. You do not have to put the sensors back in there original locations or go to the dealer to have the system reset.
But what if you put the TPMS sensors inside the car & inside a sealed environment?

Old 06-29-2008, 02:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by junktea1
But what if you put the TPMS sensors inside the car & inside a sealed environment?
Actually some people have mounted the sensors inside a pcv pipe, sealed both ends and filled it with at least 32 PSI. They keep this in the car to keep all the annoying lights off.

Old 06-29-2008, 07:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AtticusFit
just wandering if you have to have the tpms reset if i install new rims my gonna be ridin on some fat 5 for a minute and wandering when i mount my factory tpms in new rims will i have to reset them. anybody know?
Unless you remove theTPMS sensors from the original whhels - and I'm not at all certain you can, in fact I'll bet you can't., you'll have to buy new sensors, one for each wheel at $50 to $100 each, and beforehand find out if they are compatible with yout Fit's system. Note there are a half-dozen makers of the TPMS systems so you will likely need help from your dealer, certainly you will to get it programmed to match. Ain't govmint wonderful. Now you know why we don't have any crude to refine into gasoline. Thank Democrats as they defeated every attempt to increase supply since 1960.. Question now is will they be punished?
Or be like the rest of us, cover the blinking symbol with electrical tape.
And punish Democrats as a side benefit.

Old 06-30-2008, 12:41 AM
5 Year Member
I had my factory sensors installed in 2 different sets of aftermarket wheels so far, so just swap them over, simple as that. Just make sure you use a good shop that has done lots of those swaps so they dont break anything in the process. Also make sure the new wheels will accept the sensors, not all wheels will. No need to buy new sensors or have them reset. I am speaking from experience, not something I've heard or assume.

Last edited by Rod2Rice; 06-30-2008 at 12:45 AM.