Fit Wheels & Tires Discuss Wheels & Tires for the Fit and Jazz

Anyone running OVERSIZED tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 03:35 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
I am all about limiting rotational inertia. My 17s with tires weigh LESS than my OEM 15s with tires, but their outside diameter is 1.5 inches taller. if you add .75 inches higher ride height but lower the car 1.5 inches, the car still has .75 inches less profile than stock, thus being more aerodynamic and less drag. And if you have a smaller sidewall with lets just say same tire tread width like 195vs195, you should get better mileage with the lower sidewalls since they have less rolling resistance(usually, gotta check each brand).

I honestly think it would be a wash, but it may add that extra .5-.75 inches of ground clearance that saves your undercarraige.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:42 PM
assistant manager of discount tire co.

hi guys just joined the website. i have a 2008 sport and im running 215/45/17 and they rub when ever i get more than 2 people in the car. other than the little rubbing no complants cause i wanted more rubber. the only size recommended for 17'' is a 215/40/17. the 225/40/17 will definitely rub. as to the other forums about the g-force sport i personally think they suck for the price. im running Yokohama s-drives and i can't wait to put michelle primacy's. this tire is amazing. i just put them on my wife's camry and ill never switch.
if any body has any more tires questions id be glad to help.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:52 PM
Just because a larger wheel or tire is the same weight (or lighter), that doesn't mean you're not losing ground. By moving the wheel/tire mass farther away from the hub, rotational inertia increases, and that increases the amount of work your engine and brakes have to do . . . . Finding out exactly how much would require a lot more effort (and math) than is worth putting into it.

I can only see a couple potential advantages to this - and lots of disadvantages. :shrug:

Old 03-31-2009, 02:55 AM
5 Year Member
what? jes get sum rega's and with the saved weight, ure mpg will go up say what?

Old 03-31-2009, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by ghettoboy247
what? jes get sum rega's and with the saved weight, ure mpg will go up say what?
Regamasters are no doubt nice, but I'd need to see double digit improvements in mpg (and comparable improvements to performance) to justify dropping nearly 2 grand on rims. Let's not forget, this is a $15k economy car.

Old 04-01-2009, 12:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Daemione
Just because a larger wheel or tire is the same weight (or lighter), that doesn't mean you're not losing ground. By moving the wheel/tire mass farther away from the hub, rotational inertia increases, and that increases the amount of work your engine and brakes have to do . . . . Finding out exactly how much would require a lot more effort (and math) than is worth putting into it.

I can only see a couple potential advantages to this - and lots of disadvantages. :shrug:
Thanks for typing up exactly what I was going to say.

I saw an old Dodge Colt yesterday with the skinniest tires I've ever seen. I swear they were bicycle tires. Anyone know what the skinniest tire they make for the Fits?

Old 04-01-2009, 04:13 PM
5 Year Member
If you could find 13" rims that would clear then you could run 155/80 R13

Old 04-01-2009, 06:59 PM
wdb
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Daemione
Regamasters are no doubt nice, but I'd need to see double digit improvements in mpg (and comparable improvements to performance) to justify dropping nearly 2 grand on rims. Let's not forget, this is a $15k economy car.
Werd. 67890

Old 04-08-2009, 10:59 PM
5 Year Member
I'm about to get my first set of replacement summer tires and am going to do what NO ONE does. I'm going to mount 205/55-15 Yokohama AVID V4S tires on Drag DR24 6.5" width black-centered rims. I got a good package price from Discount Tire and they promise that they use the same Hunter Road Force mounting and balancing equipment that Tire Rack does. I have made this same move in the past on a Civic Si, one size wider with same aspect ratio. Steering effort at low speeds is greater, ride is noticeably improved and adhesion is awesome. Yes, the speedo will be off a bit but it's no big deal. Gas mileage may or may not suffer, but it was still quite great on the Civic. The car will be slightly higher, also no big deal. It may feel a bit less spry. I happen to like filling out the wheel wells a bit (according to my own and Tire Rack's calculations, there should be no rub) and I happen to like the old-school "more tire, less wheel" look better than the current style of more wheel, less tire. I can't rave enough about the Hunter Road Force mounting and balancing; my Tire Rack winter package with Pirelli Winter Carving tires produces no vibration whatsoever at any speed. So I'm going to get the package since no one in Interior Alaska uses Road Force. I may have a set of pretty much perfect OEM Enkei's for sale. I'll post pics and give a driving impression report. It should be within a month or so. Go ahead, clobber me with verbal cream pies...

Old 04-09-2009, 12:59 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Good shit, I am gonna UPsize as well, but using stock rims. Got a HUGE nail in my left rear yesterday, but since my girl works at acura she had it plug/patched and they said theres 4mil left on the tires at 23k miles. That is a pretty short tire life for an OEM tire. On the accords the Michelins get 30k+ before they hit the 4mil mark.

Whenever we hit the magic 2mm number I am gonna do one wider or one taller, and will be using G-Force or Kumho ASX, as they last a long time, are quiet, and handle wet and dry well. Plus the OEM's will likely get powdercoated gunmetal at that time And I will have my friends mount mine, always road force balanced so no shimmys. The guys at Hunter wheel equip are nice and explain every function of all their equipment. My old shop had a machine that would handle 30" rims and had a lift an everything.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:04 PM
wdb
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by der Mond
I'm about to get my first set of replacement summer tires and am going to do what NO ONE does. I'm going to mount 205/55-15 Yokohama AVID V4S tires on Drag DR24 6.5" width black-centered rims.
Post pics of the car when you get them mounted. I'd really like to see it!

Old 10-03-2015, 06:14 PM
What's up guys, what you guys think about 215/50 going on a 16x8?

Old 10-12-2015, 12:01 PM
Try this Home - die-trainerin.de
awesome trainers ))
Greez Alina