Fit Wheels & Tires Discuss Wheels & Tires for the Fit and Jazz

Need Wheel Fitment Answer ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 03:24 PM
5 Year Member
Need Wheel Fitment Answer ASAP

Someone wants to give me some wheels for Christmas, but I need to know what to expect or if they're even a good idea on my GE8.

Ride:

2010 Honda Fit Sport w/nav, etc.....

Wheels I have a choice of::

1)- 16x8 / 4x100 / +20 offset / 73.1 hub bore

or

2)- 17x7 / 4x100 / +35 offset /

or (different style wheel)

3)- 16x6.5 / 4x100 / +40 offset

Any of them would be great, but my choice would be either the 1st or 2nd wheels... but not at all sure about fitment for either. I'm assuming the 17x7s would be better than the first listing. (the 16x8 sounds a bit much... but the GE8's wheels are placed pretty far back into the well to begin with... was going to get spacers eventually anyway.)

All knowledge regarding rubbing, etc., and even opinions are completely welcome. I have to move on making a choice within a day or I won't get them by Christmas... may not as it is. Sure as heck gonna' try though!

Thanks in advance for your time/answers/opinions... appreciated.

Long-time regulars... hope things are well, folks. Been too busy to even post for quite awhile.

Trying to come in a little more often after the new year.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
Amazing!

Amazing... no one at Fit Freak has anything to say!

That's a serious first... considering some of FF's visitors tend to be some of the most blunt, sometimes rude, and opinionated car forum peeps on the web!

Nothing to say? Seriously?

Old 12-16-2012, 07:42 PM
5 Year Member
They will all rub, except maybe number 3.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:47 PM
The 1st two will rub

Old 12-16-2012, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, I didn't know someone answered this post yet.

Same as other response... was hoping they would be ok.

Ah well, thanks for the reply, guys!

Old 12-16-2012, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member
Even number two will rub? That sounds ridiculous.

Number 3 shouldn't rub, that's a narrow wheel.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:10 PM
5 Year Member
On the GE, with 205s at least, the max you can get with guaranteed clearance is 7" wide and +45 on the front.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:15 PM
5 Year Member
Dang. I do not envy your wheel clearance. I had +35 and my car was like lol you a b****

Old 12-17-2012, 02:27 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
... I had +35 and my car was like lol you a b****
Lol!

Kinda' bummed about the first two wheels... really nice.

GREAT price too... as in a Christmas present. Can't beat that price.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by annunC8
Amazing... no one at Fit Freak has anything to say!

That's a serious first... considering some of FF's visitors tend to be some of the most blunt, sometimes rude, and opinionated car forum peeps on the web!

Nothing to say? Seriously?
Way to endear yourself to the people you seek help from. Not to mention that this forum, of all the things discussed on it, has a trove of information on wheel fitment.

I have a term for folks like you: "Askhole"

Old 12-17-2012, 11:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Dang. I do not envy your wheel clearance. I had +35 and my car was like lol you a b****
I guess they are a lot different. You guys have a lot more options when it comes to wheels.

OP - as I just mentioned, there are a lot of cool wheels out there, but a compromise must be made to find ones that fit the GE without modifications. I would NOT have just bought friggin' rota slipstreams if more wheels would fit. Don't get me wrong, I like them, but for example, buddy clubs don't even come in something as high as a +45. Most people around here with the slammed rides and cool wheels have their fenders rolled.

Old 12-20-2012, 01:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Way to endear yourself to the people you seek help from. Not to mention that this forum, of all the things discussed on it, has a trove of information on wheel fitment.

I have a term for folks like you: "Askhole"

I may have possibly been visiting this site much longer than you have... that is, unless you've assumed a new forum nick. In any event, there ARE certain members and visitors who are dangerously close to being categorized as "Honda/wheel/etc. Fascists" in that if you don't fall in lock step with their opinion(s) then you're verbally assaulted or ridiculed... tongue-in-cheek, of course!

Also, I was not trying to "endear" myself to anyone. I have no insecurities that lead me to impulsively seek the attention and good "feelings" of others. Feelings mean little or nothing in certain scenarios, contrary to this sometimes idiotic, phony, politically-correct excuse of a society we find ourselves in as of late. So endearing myself to others was far from what I was trying to achieve in this thread. I was simply stating how amazed I was given the fact of some people's outspoken nature on this forum.

And yes, my comment WAS meant as somewhat of a joke given the fact many of this forum's members CAN be rather blunt, have LOTS to say (sometimes when they may even should just keep quiet), and again, can be extremely outspoken and even rude to visitors at times.

Maybe you didn't get the above memo because your conscience alerts you of the fact you may be one of those who are quick to blurt out, but slow to contemplate before bloviating? Just asking... not assuming.

Remember, it's is better to think than to "feel". That's what brains are for! (as opposed to "feelings") Personally, I try not to "feel" about things... rather I "think" about things.

Lastly, you didn't answer my question, so you've provided little actual value to this particular thread. Other than your concern with how I may have "felt" about the forum, your contribution to this thread was rather useless in the grand scheme of things... no offense, of course.

I could easily turn this around on your accusation of me being less-than-cordial by accusing you of the same. You suggested I search out the forum for the info instead of asking, thereby not bugging anyone (such as yourself) for answers which are already here to begin with.

However, reading comprehension is a wonderful thing! Sometimes people don't have the time to search through the cornucopia of info on this site... hence my plea for an answer ASAP! Therefore, by your very standards you aren't being cordial to me!

With all due respect, however, I probably wasted valuable time in this response when I could have summed a response to your response in one word...

... Whatever!

I have a term for folks like you: Smarmy! (tongue-in-cheek, of course! )

Last edited by annunC8; 12-20-2012 at 01:42 AM.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:54 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by annunC8
Someone wants to give me some wheels for Christmas, but I need to know what to expect or if they're even a good idea on my GE8.

Ride:

2010 Honda Fit Sport w/nav, etc.....

Wheels I have a choice of::

1)- 16x8 / 4x100 / +20 offset / 73.1 hub bore

or

2)- 17x7 / 4x100 / +35 offset /

or (different style wheel)

3)- 16x6.5 / 4x100 / +40 offset

Thanks in advance for your time/answers/opinions... appreciated.

Long-time regulars... hope things are well, folks. Been too busy to even post for quite awhile.

Trying to come in a little more often after the new year.
The preferred wheels for the Fit are any that have a minimum of 45 mm offset (stock is 52 or 53mm). Its not that even down to 40mm won't work, but the risk of rubbing increases firmly as you go below 45mm. Any 15, 16, or 17" wheels with 4x100 BC AND SPOKES THAT CLEAR THE CALIPERS fit provided you stay with a tire with a maximum diameter or 24" . The preferred rim width is 6 or 7". take into account that wider tires will be heavier and will detract from your mpg and performance so when you go with wider and heavier tires, drop the diameter a little to help make up for the extra weight. a tire of one half inch less diameter only changes odometer and speeddometer by less than 2% or 1.2 mph and 20 miles per thousand on the odo. It will save your mpog by more than 5%, or 1.5 mpg at 30 mpg. And yes be sure the hub bore is sufficient.
good luck. And enjoy.

Last edited by mahout; 01-01-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:29 PM
OP Ya, I'm not going to read that wall o' text. Go be whiny to someone who cares.

Happy new year.