Fit Wheels & Tires Discuss Wheels & Tires for the Fit and Jazz

Just bought and installed 4 Nokian hakkapeliitta 7's

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 03:40 PM
5 Year Member
Cool Just bought and installed 4 Nokian hakkapeliitta 7's

I bought these and just had them installed on my car, they are loud which I knew they would be and I am use to studded tires cause they are what I have always I went with these because they look like they will just as good or better then the weather masters that I had on my previous car, I would prefer to have the weather masters but they are not available in 175/65/15's. I like to keep the tires the same size as listed on the door for some odd reason.
I have heard a lot of good things about these tires though and was wondering what anyone else though of them?

Old 10-25-2013, 01:42 PM
I don't have experience with the 7s. I have, however, used Hakkapeliitta tires and am a big fan.

Most of the other manufacturers have caught up with Nokian on micro-sipes and soft compounds, but now Nokian has been working on the edge tread to make them less likely to slide sideways in accumulated crud. Either that or they've been working on marketing mumbo-jumbo and it got me.

I went to my neighborhood mechanic yesterday and asked him to order Hakkapeliitta R2 tires. He suggested Firestone Winterforce as having similar, modern design at half the price (but he'll order the Hakkapeliittas if I want). The Hakkapeliitta Rs have low rolling resistance that could save money only if they get 2mpg better mileage for 30,000 miles; possible, but not likely.

Then there are the Nokian WR G3 tires which are technically all-season, but supposed to be great in winter. My mechanic doesn't use "snow tires" but he lives and works on a main road that gets plowed far more often than where I live.

I hope someone tells more about the Hakkapeliitta 7s. I'm just now sorting through the options.

Last edited by Sprocket; 10-25-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:03 PM
I've heard these things are sprinkled with Nordic Angel Pixie dust.

I would assume so by all the good talk i've seen on them.

Old 10-26-2013, 12:46 AM
I have also used Nokian studded snows for many years, though not specifically the Hakka 7s, along with Gislaved studded snows. The Gislaved tread design is now sold as the General Altimax Arctic. (Continental bought Gislaved and General Tire, and re-branded the tire design for the US market.)

Both tires have a staggered stud design, unlike the Winterforce, which is more linear. The Altimax are a relative bargain as far as pricing. (The Hankook iPike tread pattern is very similar to the Altimax.)

If the Hakka 7s wear like their earlier tires, you should get three to four winter seasons with the tires.

Old 10-26-2013, 09:44 AM
5 Year Member
yeah they definitely have been good so far but wont know until we get some real snow not just flurries, there was some slush on the road one night when I came home and couldn't even tell there was slush with these tires they acted like it was nothing there.

Old 10-29-2013, 12:43 PM
5 Year Member
You're gonna like these tires.