January FFC Meet! (Sun Splash Park Daytona Beach)

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 03:15 PM
5 Year Member
January FFC Meet! (Sun Splash Park Daytona Beach)

EDIT:
Is it just easier for me to just set a date and you all work it out???
Let's set this one, rain or shine, on Saturday January 26th, 2008, starting at 12 noon until whenever (say mid/late afternoon).
(It's homecoming for me personally the weekend prior, so this one works out better)
If the weather is nice bring frisbees, volleyballs, etc. to play on the beach, or your surfboard, etc. if you want too!
Bring food and snacks, or there's plenty of grocery/convenience stores nearby too.

Unless someone informs me soon that there's another meet that will conflict, plan on cruising to Daytona from where ever you all are for a great day in the sun (hopefully!)
Refer below for address to location, I can provide directions for anyone who needs them.

Hey guys and gals!
I'm thinking I'd like to get a fit meet together out here in Daytona. Not that I don't mind the cruise out to Orlando, but I'm sure you guys might like a change of scenery.
I'm thinking Sun Splash Park in Daytona on 1A, near the ender if Int'l Speedway Blvd/US-92.
It's 611 N. Atlantic Ave. Daytona Beach, Fl.
It's just a parking lot with beach access, but it's open and public and if the weather is nice it'll be a great day by the sea.
Also, there's plenty of spots on ISB close by to cruise over to and grab some food, and there's also mini golf, go-karts, etc. nearby, so we can just wing it.
Before I set a date/time, I was curious if anyone knew if there was a Lollicup meet or another meet planned this month, as I don't want to plan it on the same day. I'm thinking Sat. 1/19, Sat 1/26 or Sun 1/27.
So, for all those interested, what date(s) sound good? I figure it's not too far down the road, but not last minute either so work/time off should be doable for most of you.
I'll make up a flyer too for you guys to download or something and spread the word.
What do you guys think???
Time to get the FFC up and runnin!

Last edited by sevenaprils; 01-07-2008 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Add info