Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

Interest in custom Pufferfit decal???

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by lifthard1
I would be in for 2 of them myself
Any suggestions on the design? This is his very first draft so anything can be changed. The color is since this was my idea and I want orange/blue to match my car's color. Anything is possible, based on everyone's input...

Old 10-21-2008, 03:27 PM
I'm an idiot...just looked at the original black Pufferfit and yes, the "H" IS in the mouth since this is supposed to show our cars morphing into the Pufferfit. So the "mouth" is like our grill where the H is right smack in the middle....

I don't know, I really like this design as is! Anyone have any ideas for improvement? Again, keep in mind color can be changed depending upon your requests...

Old 10-21-2008, 03:36 PM
5 Year Member
I kind like the color too,just because I have the GR8 pumkin too Charlie Brown

Old 10-21-2008, 03:38 PM
I kind like the color too,just because I have the GR8 pumkin too Charlie Brown
Yeah, that color rocks! Oh, but there can only be ONE GR8 Pumpkin, don't you know? Adding the blue dot fit logo and this decal will add that extra bit of uniqueness....

Old 10-21-2008, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitCanada_Girl
Yeah, that color rocks! Oh, but there can only be ONE GR8 Pumpkin, don't you know? Adding the blue dot fit logo and this decal will add that extra bit of uniqueness....
You will always be the original GR8 pumkin

Old 10-21-2008, 03:48 PM
You will always be the original GR8 pumkin
Ok. You're forgiven then...

Old 10-21-2008, 04:01 PM
I'd like to see more highlights to represent a metallic surface, and perhaps make color variations similar to the color of the Fits.

Old 10-21-2008, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by SomberResplendence
I'd like to see more highlights to represent a metallic surface, and perhaps make color variations similar to the color of the Fits.
Yeah, I suggested some "mottling" to add more variation too. The "metallisizing" is a good idea too. CrystalFiveMT should be back from lunch soon....

Old 10-21-2008, 04:16 PM
That would be cool - I'd purchase one! I have a Storm Silver so I'd prefer just the outline one if that ends up being possible.

Just picked up my new Fit on Saturday and am just LOVING it! I never test drove one - just ordered it based on the reviews and it has exceeded my expectations!!

Last edited by SeattleRain; 10-21-2008 at 04:20 PM.
Old 10-21-2008, 04:18 PM
I graduated as an art major, and I know my way around photoshop. I may give it a go also and see what I can get. I also have a job as an artist making video games, so I'm started to wonder how long it would take to make a 3-D one?

Old 10-21-2008, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by SeattleRain
That would be cool - I'd purchase one!

Just picked up my new Fit on Saturday and am just LOVING it! I never test drove one - just ordered it based on the reviews and it has exceeded my expectations!!
CrystalFiveMT already told me that making just an outline should be no problem at all, once the design is finalized. He did it in a program that allows him to easily alter the colors, remove color all together, change sizing, etc.

EDIT: Doing an outline only may end up being more trouble than it's worth. He'd have to redesign the image a bit and production costs will also be higher. IF people still really want an outline and are ok with paying more, then this could proceed. Just thought you should know this would incur additional costs.

Yeah, it is one great little funky car! Rave reviews from all I have given "mini tours" to. People can't get over how small it looks outside vs. the passenger room and cargo versatility inside.

I have the Orange Revolution color (but it really does look great in ALL colors) so wanted this decal to add a little touch of humor/color to the darkly tinted rear window. With the tiny decals, well those could be added just about anywhere now couldn't they? Totally out of control. I'll be "Pufferfitting" my car to bits...well, at least they're stickers so I CAN remove them once common sense returns...

Last edited by FitCanada_Girl; 10-24-2008 at 02:43 PM.
Old 10-21-2008, 04:24 PM
I graduated as an art major, and I know my way around photoshop. I may give it a go also and see what I can get. I also have a job as an artist making video games, so I'm started to wonder how long it would take to make a 3-D one?
Great. Everyone will get the "Pufferfit" bug now! I think CrystalFiveMT used a program called "Illustrator" to do this since he wanted the ability to change things easily. Curious to know what can be done with the coloring....

Old 10-21-2008, 04:27 PM
Yeah Illustrator is more for graphic designers. I went the route of painting and photography. But I use Photoshop at least once a day, so in my spare time I'll try to add to the Fit artwork here.

Old 10-21-2008, 04:28 PM
Oh I also ordered this car sight unseen, with no test drive! Talk about nuts hey? Not highly adviseable but I did read all the reviews and did my homework before hand. I even switched my order from Tidewater Blue to Orange Revolution at the last minute, based upon pictures posted here! CRAZY. Well, it worked out in the end so it's all good....

Old 10-21-2008, 04:31 PM
Yeah Illustrator is more for graphic designers. I went the route of painting and photography. But I use Photoshop at least once a day, so in my spare time I'll try to add to the Fit artwork here.
More input would be great especially from other pros! CrystalFiveMT is a professional "Industrial Designer" so has all the tools/talent at his disposal to work fast. He threw that image together today in no time flat. Impressive...

Old 10-21-2008, 04:46 PM
5 Year Member
Tagged for intrest

Old 10-21-2008, 05:31 PM
Smile

I'm diggin the progress so far. Count me in as another potentially interested party. Great idea and nice design work.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by shuppie
I'm diggin the progress so far. Count me in as another potentially interested party. Great idea and nice design work.
Woohoo! Ball is rolling. CrystalFiveMT is working on adding a bit more dimensionality to the coloring. That first image was his "rough draft" so it's a work in process....

Old 10-21-2008, 06:00 PM
I'm thinking 1" for the minis and 4" for the "regular size" would be perfect. What do you think? 4" (not a bit more) would JUST fit on the gas door. I did some cut-outs of different sizes and tested them out on my car....

Old 10-21-2008, 06:39 PM
Latest rendition... Note that colors aren't coming out quite right here.

Last edited by FitCanada_Girl; 10-23-2008 at 10:40 AM.

Quick Reply: Interest in custom Pufferfit decal???