Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

Interest in custom Pufferfit decal???

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 10:17 AM
Interest in custom Pufferfit decal???

Sorry to the mods! I should have posted here but wasn't aware this site existed. You can close the other thread I started under "wanted to buy" here: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/sale...fit-decal.html

Would anyone be interested in getting a custom decal of the "Pufferfit" done up? For those who don't know, that's what the Fit turns into when attacked in the new Honda add campaign (commercials, video game). See here: YouTube - Defense Mechanism - Honda Fit Commercial

CrystalFiveMT has already offered to do this up professionally. Just trying to assess serious interest in this decal. For reference, my car is Orange Revolution with 15% tint on the rear window. I'm thinking an orange/blue Pufferfit decal would really pop against the dark tint, but any color combo is possible. Any type of logo can be added as well. Whatever we want. Just post here if you are interested in this...

For reference, what the original Pufferfit looks like in the commercial:

Last edited by FitCanada_Girl; 10-20-2008 at 11:29 AM.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member
I think I'd like to see a mock up of it first before I jump on board. I'm assuming this would be in vinyl, so it'd be an outline, not a detailed pic/image, right?
*tagged for interest...

Old 10-20-2008, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by sevenaprils
I think I'd like to see a mock up of it first before I jump on board. I'm assuming this would be in vinyl, so it'd be an outline, not a detailed pic/image, right?
*tagged for interest...
Hmm....not sure since CrystalFiveMT is the designer here. We were thinking along the lines of the detailed image with different colors. Could be color matched to each car (mine would be orange/blue....thinking about getting the blue dot Fit logo too). He can do up pretty much anything that people want so the majority will win, assuming that OTHERS show an interest....

Last edited by FitCanada_Girl; 10-20-2008 at 02:27 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:15 PM
5 Year Member
To answer your question, the art would be mostly cartoon-style, meaning a thick black (or another color) outline and solid colors but possibly with some Photoshop shading. I should find a similar style online and post so you all can get an idea.

Gimme a minute...

Old 10-20-2008, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT
To answer your question, the art would be mostly cartoon-style, meaning a thick black (or another color) outline and solid colors but possibly with some Photoshop shading. I should find a similar style online and post so you all can get an idea.

Gimme a minute...

No rush....

Old 10-20-2008, 02:19 PM
5 Year Member
Something along the lines of this:

http://georgecoghill.com/blog/wp-con...ith-collar.jpg

Old 10-20-2008, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT
I think that's a good approach. As long as we're doing a decal, let's go all the way and get a true image of the Pufferfit! With all the coloring against the dark tint (assuming most of us have tint), it would really POP. Getting excited here!

Old 10-20-2008, 03:31 PM
I'm on board.

Old 10-20-2008, 03:40 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Yeah, I'm interested. Probably pay $10 if it was really good.

Old 10-20-2008, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by Juliane

I was thinking along those lines too. The plain "fitfreak.net" decal goes for $6 so an actual colored image (with or without logo) should sell accordingly. Hmm...thoughts here? Just trying to help CrystalFiveMT out since, ultimately the call is up to him....

Old 10-20-2008, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Juliane

Oh, it will be really good alright. Hehe. I'm all about quality work. I do drive a Honda Fit don't I??

Old 10-20-2008, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by sevenaprils
*tagged for interest...
Ditto for me. I would also like to see a preview.

Old 10-20-2008, 08:23 PM
5 Year Member
tagged for interest.

personally i think i would just want an outline line art only type thing. But i'll keep an open mind and am awaiting the mockup(s).

Old 10-20-2008, 08:37 PM
I don't have a fit yet, but I am interested as well.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:47 PM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
i am also interested, would love to see what it would look like in different colors first.....

Old 10-20-2008, 11:15 PM
Retired Moderator
Sh!t why not.. I`m down for one... if it`s not to big..

Old 10-21-2008, 01:19 AM
Don't own a FIT yet but i want one for the round fuel door.

Old 10-21-2008, 09:29 AM
Wow! Seems like this a snowballing a tad. We have snow on the ground here in Sudbury today, by the way! Anyhow, just wanted some input from everyone here.

What sizing are you interested in? I was thinking 2 options would be great, similar to what the Pedobear decal is offered as:

Mini pedobear (a set of 15 mini pedobears with a size of 0.75inch long and 0.50tall):
http://houseofgrafix.net/index.php?p...mart&Itemid=26

Regular size (size is 5" by 5"):
http://houseofgrafix.net/index.php?p...mart&Itemid=26

I think having the 2 sizes would be great, but the call is up to our designer CrystalFiveMT of course. He's on LA time so it's only 6h30 AM there, hence not online yet. We'll see what he has to say.

Secondly, what color combinations would you be interested in? I was hoping that the Pufferfit could be offered in co-ordinating colors to match the car's color, or would that be overkill? Of course I'm looking for an orange to somewhat match my car and blue to somewhat match the "blue dot" of the logo, but I can see others wanting a similar option (or do you???). Maybe 4 color options, like an orange/blue, red/whatever, dark purple/whatever, and blue/whatever? Again, just some brainstorming on my part but it's entirely up to CrystalFiveMT.

Lastly, what price points would you be comfortable paying? I'd say $10 is the max but you do have to consider that this is a custom design and a true image, not "just" a plain outline. It will be a real piece of art!

Anyhow, hopefully our friendly designer can have a demo up for all of us very soon. It isn't a simple job as he does quality work, but I'm sure it will be worth the wait! We'll see what he has to say when he signs in later on today....

Last LAST thing. Seems that some people would like an outline only, which I would THINK should be simple to do vs. the colored image (personally, I do want the full color image). How many of you would go for just an outline? And what color would you want the lines to be?

Poor CrystalFiveMT....here I am proposing all these "options" which may end up being a major hassle/not even doable! Just trying to set the groundwork for him since this was my bright idea to begin with...

Last edited by FitCanada_Girl; 10-21-2008 at 09:43 AM.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:05 PM
CrystalFiveMT's very first draft:

Pretty good hey? Any other comments/suggestions?

Our designer already informed me that different color combinations, sizing, and even doing an outline only is totally doable and not a big hassle for him. Once the base image is finalized, then the rest is up to us. Personally I'm looking for about a 5" size and the tiny ones too (oh, fuel door, rear view mirror, by license plates.... )

Last edited by FitCanada_Girl; 10-23-2008 at 10:39 AM.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:21 PM
5 Year Member
I would be in for 2 of them myself

Quick Reply: Interest in custom Pufferfit decal???