Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

Rogue smooth carbon rear garnish

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 03:23 PM
Merchant / Group Buy Organizer ( non-certified )
Rogue smooth carbon rear garnish

This is not a group buy, so no need to sign up for anything, but I would just like to get a feel for interest in the carbon rear garnish as pictured.

This part is a modified OEM part with the emblem and wiper hole removed. Please note that the wiper motor will likely need to be removed to use this piece. I am looking at offering this on a core/exchange basis where I can send the finished part and you can send back your OEM part, just like I do the fog light housings. Or of course your part can be sent, modified, and returned, but you would be going a couple weeks without the part. If there is enough interest I may purchase a second garnish to use, thus allowing me to work on one while the other is being shipped. The price for this will be $100.00 to $110.00 including shipping within the US. If desired the wiper hole can be left for a functioning wiper, and the cost will be the same.
The part shown is in plain weave black carbon, which matches many of the hoods and wings that are offered for the Fit, but can be made in a variety of materials just like other parts I offer.
Here is a pic of some of the materials:
Matte and polished finishes, 2x2 twill, Plain weave, broad tow (checker board), carbon kevlar in red, blue, green (it is a very deep color and hard to make out in the pic), and yellow, silver and a couple other colors are not shown.

Also I am offering these sample cowl covers for $20.00 each including shipping within US, that is less than half the price of the normal offering. This is just for these 7 shown in the pic, and I would like to ask for a photo of the part installed. These are not really seconds, but were just made for color samples. Please let me know if you are interested, I can send a better pic if needed.

One more item I would like to see if there is interest in is this carbon fit emblem.

This part comes out best in plain weave carbon as shown, so I think I will keep the offering to only that material. The price will probably be around $20.00 including shipping within the US.

If there seems to be interest on these I will be listing them in the merchant area, and since these are not groupe buys feel free to PM if you would like to learm more.

One more thing just to throw out as a tease:
I have been doing much custom work and am thinking of purchasing some cores of these parts to offer in the furture.

Last edited by Rogue Fit; 01-05-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:25 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
whats up with the scoop? alot of people have been waiting almost a year for it.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member
oh man that is nice the interior part and the other parts but im loving the interior parts =D

Old 01-05-2009, 07:23 PM
I like it all but any chances of a flat color and not CF?

Old 01-05-2009, 08:11 PM
Banned
Location: Negative Repland (exiled by fragile ego's and "can't handle the truth" babies) LMFAO ;P
i would love to have the emblem and the interior pieces
how does the weave match seibon's stuff??
r they for sale right now?
prices shipped to canada?

Old 01-05-2009, 08:41 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
whats up with the scoop? alot of people have been waiting almost a year for it.
X2. i have been waiting for updates. i want this thing!

Old 01-05-2009, 09:15 PM
5 Year Member
very interested in the emblem and interior pieces.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:26 PM
5 Year Member
Also interested in the emblem and interior pieces.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:33 PM
5 Year Member
Finally my rear garnish is done... =P

When did I drop that off? june? may? gosh, I can't remember when I drove out to your place.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:42 PM
5 Year Member
pm'ed......

Old 01-05-2009, 10:44 PM
Interested in the emblem and interior pieces.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:44 PM
Retired Moderator
Very interesting....!!. .any plans for some 09 Fit stuff..??

Old 01-06-2009, 01:29 AM
Thanks for the replies.
The interior parts were done custom and you can check out more about half way through this page and the following pages:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...pic-56k-5.html
Most interior parts can be overlaid but I am hoping to start by focusing on just a couple at a time so that I don't get so overloaded with custom work. There will likely be other parts you would like done but for the first gen I would like to focus on the two shown. GE8 owners please let me know an interior part you would like to see done, keeping in mind that it would be best if it is easy to remove and re-attach and inexpensive for me to purchase a core.

As for the Fit emblem/logo, these are available and since there already seems to be some interest I will make up 5 to 10 and put them under the 'merchant' section when they are ready.

To the best of my knowledge most seibon parts for the Fit are done in plain weave carbon as shown on the rear garnish and emblem. If you have a different weave on your car, it can most likely be matched.

I wasn't really planning on offering any of these parts in fiberglass or painted but the rear garnish could probably be modified and painted black for the same price of the carbon part. Also any part can be provided in matte or gloss finish.

And now the scoop saga. There are a couple of the scoops out there and the molds are ready to go but since I don't have a car to try the part on, I keep running into an issue with the part fitting right into the cowl opening. The owners who have been helping me have provided good pics of the fitment but I just haven't been able to determine the problem, so I have redesigned the part and have sent the first of this second gen part out for test fit. This part should arrive this week, so I am hoping it works out. I still plan to finalize the first design, but I just can't keep puting money and time into it right now.
I was holding on to this for now, but here are a couple shots of the new scoop design:

The part is a little smaller so that the foot print matches the cowl cover, which should make for easier fitment.

It looks like the 2x2 twill black and red cowl covers are spoken for.

Last edited by Rogue Fit; 01-06-2009 at 01:58 AM.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Very interesting....!!. .any plans for some 09 Fit stuff..??

Maybe when someone gives him an 09, like the 07/08 Fits...

Old 01-06-2009, 01:33 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
glad to hear an update on this. hope to see one of these scoops soon.

Old 01-06-2009, 04:28 PM
5 Year Member
pm'ed with paypal payment.thanks

Old 01-07-2009, 03:24 PM
The first garnish has been posted for sale under the merchant area.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:41 PM
5 Year Member
I like the fit Emblem. I will keep an eye on the interior parts.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:34 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
im not really liking the new scoop design. i liked the old one better without that little dip in the middle of it. but im not holding my breath on any of these parts being made.

Old 01-08-2009, 02:15 AM
5 Year Member
Your work looks top notch. I want to ask how does CF hold up in the long run. I've seen tons of CF hoods and such over time fade and crack. I'm mainly interested in the steering column and dash cover.

Quick Reply: Rogue smooth carbon rear garnish