Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

Apexi Coilovers for GE-8 on a Group Buy ONLY

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 01:31 PM
Yup, got mine in yesterday morning. Love the look of these!

Planning to get them installed on Tuesday.

Extra goodies look like a nice lanyard and window sticker.

I'm too lazy to read the manual so I don't know what the two rubber ring thingies are in the other plastic bag...

Old 07-01-2011, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by theindiearmy
Got mine shipped out today. How many are coming to WA state? I think there will be 3 of us with them.

I don't know when I can get them installed but would love to see pics when other do and also if they had to get their front camber adjusted.
i'm in washington as well...Everett actually. i work at Klein Honda.
www.kleinhonda.com

Old 07-01-2011, 03:10 PM
My brother just texted me. my set just arrived at home, while im stuck at work! I cant wait to get home. I might end up putting them on tonight.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tencho
i'm in washington as well...Everett actually. i work at Klein Honda.
http://www.kleinhonda.com
Nice, I think there is a fella from Puyallup as well. 3 out of the 21 sets being represented in Washington.

Are your install guys allowed to do aftermarket installs? If so, can you get me a deal?

Old 07-02-2011, 02:07 AM
Just finishing installing mine about an hour ago. Ive only had them in my possession for about 8 hours lol. I have them at the lowest regular setting. very stiff, no body roll at speed. but also still a fairly comfortable ride. its only been an hour though. we'll see a few weeks from now lol. Oh and they look cool as sh*t. Anyone else got them on yet?

THANK YOU again to Mutem, Masaki, and A'pexi for making this happen.

Last edited by SSMTEN; 07-02-2011 at 02:09 AM.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:59 AM
How low does it go? Any pictures? I'm gonna work on putting mine in this morning...

Old 07-02-2011, 03:53 PM
I have 16' wheels with 205/45 and i have zero gap up front, and like half a finger in the back. oh... and im low enough that we couldnt get the jack out from under the car when we were done lol. Ill have pictures up maybe later today, by tomorrow for sure.

Old 07-02-2011, 04:50 PM
Ok, here's mine. Sitting on 17" ce28n's. 205/45-17. The coilovers are on the lowest setting f/r.
Name:  3a79ef73.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  85.2 KB

And this is after about 5mi. Front inner fender lining getting chewed up.
Name:  a5d0ba8d.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  99.7 KB

Old 07-02-2011, 06:08 PM
5 Year Member
Can anyone comment on how the install went? Im deciding on whether to install these myself or not...

Old 07-02-2011, 06:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Java^FiT
Can anyone comment on how the install went? Im deciding on whether to install these myself or not...
I was wondering the same thing. Would this be possible to do with ramps (one end of the car raised at a time) or is a full car raise required? Thanks.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by theindiearmy
I was wondering the same thing. Would this be possible to do with ramps (one end of the car raised at a time) or is a full car raise required? Thanks.
Ramps? you have to have the wheels off lol. We did one corner at a time with a regular floor jack, and used a scissor jack for the front struts, to keep the axle from falling out. . But ive also done this before and my uncle who is a mechanic was helping so... base it off your experience level. If you dont already know exactly what to do, it might not be worth the hassle of doing it yourself. But then again, there is always a first time for everything, and its super-satisfying doing work yourself

as far as rubbing, im also on the lowest setting and I only rub on full lock at 15+mph, and on large dips in the road. howidoit is suffering from those 17's

Last edited by SSMTEN; 07-02-2011 at 09:44 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SSMTEN
Ramps? you have to have the wheels off lol. We did one corner at a time with a regular floor jack, and used a scissor jack for the front struts, to keep the axle from falling out. . But ive also done this before and my uncle who is a mechanic was helping so... base it off your experience level. If you dont already know exactly what to do, it might not be worth the hassle of doing it yourself. But then again, there is always a first time for everything, and its super-satisfying doing work yourself

as far as rubbing, im also on the lowest setting and I only rub on full lock at 15+mph, and on large dips in the road. howidoit is suffering from those 17's
Yeah i think the 17's would be ok if he rocked a 40 series. Thats what i have and im hoping i dont have issues. Otherwise its time for new rims haha, id have no problem rocking 16's with with 45series. 40 is too low pro for my streets.

Old 07-03-2011, 02:17 AM
5 Year Member
Great stuff guys! I actually want to do the install myself (not unless some fellow FFr's in San Diego wants to help) If I do it myself, how long will it take? o.0 I say 8 hours lol

As for the rims, I already have 16x7 +40 slips with 205/45 tires which I want to sell..I have another set 17x.5 + 40 SE-37K (no tires yet) which I actually wanna put on...I know I'll rub like a mother though, but oh well!

Old 07-05-2011, 04:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by boxfish
Yup, got mine in yesterday morning. Love the look of these!

Planning to get them installed on Tuesday.

Extra goodies look like a nice lanyard and window sticker.

I'm too lazy to read the manual so I don't know what the two rubber ring thingies are in the other plastic bag...
The 2 clear rubber bushings in the other plastic bag insert is for the rear dampers. They are inserted between the 2 rubber bushings that sandwich the body on the rear damper. There is also a supplement for the instructions for the rear install.

Masaki @ A'PEXi

Old 07-05-2011, 04:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SSMTEN

SSMTEN makes a good point to use scissor jacks when installing the front dampers. The factory design on the GE8 FIT is in my opinion not so great when uninstalling the front struts. When the front struts are taken out the front hub drops and droops, if it drops too much the axle tends to pop out and even at times pop out of the CV boot. This can be avoided by either using scissor jacks like SSMTEN or even another floorjack or a bungee cord to keep the hub in place while you go to install the damper.

Masaki @ A'PEXi

Old 07-05-2011, 04:18 PM
5 Year Member
Glad to hear that those of you who have received the dampers and have installed them are enjoying the fit, finish, and feel of them...sounds like the wait was well worth the value.

Thanks for the feedback!

If anyone has any questions regarding the product, do not hesitate to contact me by email.

If some of you are interested in softer or harder spring rates in the future we can always accommodate that as well by special ordering them.

Masaki @ A'PEXi

Old 07-06-2011, 07:47 PM
Had mine installed yesterday along with a bunch of braces! Wow, such a big difference and I love how the car just seems to plant itself better on corners. Only thing I would note so far is that the stiffness is a bit more than I anticipated. Road bumps are a lot more apparent to me and theres this weird bit of road near me that undulates up and down at what seems to be the harmonic freq of the springs so the car bounces up and down like a bungie... kinda amusing. Oddly enough really small bumps seem less noticeable but larger bumps feel much larger now. Speed bumps are pretty brutal now which really sucks for me since my work place apparently loves speed bumps and has like 30 of them in a small parking lot (no idea why so many...).

I raised my settings a bit from what the defaults were when received so in the end the front was dropped by about 0.5-0.75" and the back was dropped by about 0.75-1" based on my ultra scientific finger measurements. I heard that theres actually a handling reason behind why the stock suspension has the rear higher than the front so I might raise the rear up a bit but I have no idea if thats true or not. Right now all 4 corners are about the same height at about 2 fingers.

Overall, I still really like how it turned out and how they feel, just now I really, really hate how terrible the roads here are.

Old 07-11-2011, 01:40 PM
so have all who brought the suspension get a chance to installed them yet???

Old 07-11-2011, 01:46 PM
I haven't yet was supposeto install this weekend but something came up... Everytime I look at em I feel overwhelmed with setting them up correctly have been reading everything I can on how to correctly set up ride height with out corner balancing em still a little confused I'm sure once I see how everything works ill understand how to do it

Old 07-11-2011, 01:47 PM
5 Year Member
I installed mine on Saturday. Wasn't too bad. Prevented the axle from popping, which was my greatest fear. My steering wheel has shifted quite a bit, so definitely going in for an alignment soon.

Quick Reply: Apexi Coilovers for GE-8 on a Group Buy ONLY