Gti 1.8t Crossover

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 12:08 AM
Thumbs up Gti 1.8t Crossover

Hello everyone,

Couple of questions.
New to the world of Vtec and Honda's. I have had mainly VW my whole life, and to tell you the truth they ALL had issues. Not knocking VW, but I think they got way to electrical and HEAVY!
Working out the details for my new fit sport........what are some quality tuners for these cars. ALL I KNOW IS GERMAN....please help! Anybody or manufactor that I should stay away from? I am into quater mile and just racing around........to be honest, coming from a life long VW owner, RARELY DO YOU EVER SEE A HONDA LOSE TO A VW.

Thanks... Da Fitz

Old 08-16-2007, 12:23 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Old 08-16-2007, 12:45 AM
Smile Thanks YazzFlute

Thanks for the information, I know being the new guy sometimes it is hard to get replies back.....much appreciated.

You had mentioned all the GOOD, are there any BAD to stay away from?

Thx, Da Fitz

Old 08-16-2007, 02:19 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
stay away from fake ebay shit, but soo far all parts ive seen for the fit are the goods,

what are your plans for it?

Old 08-16-2007, 04:29 AM
5 Year Member
Hey tonyd3773
welcome to the Jap World of Sweet rides!!! i hope u like ur new Honda Fit!! Yazzflute has pretty much mentioned all of the Good stuff for our cars, and yeah like he said " stay away from fake ebay shit! "

Old 08-16-2007, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by tonyd3773
Thanks for the information, I know being the new guy sometimes it is hard to get replies back.....much appreciated.

You had mentioned all the GOOD, are there any BAD to stay away from?

Thx, Da Fitz
No, I think most everyone he listed are site sponsors. You should definitely check them out. Great products. Not to knock anyone else, so folks don't get offended, but I'd suggest A-Spec as a starting point. Great prices, great products, and good customer service. Very knowledgeable people. T1R as well.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:49 AM
Smile Thank you all!

Wow, thanks for all the great information. Very useful! I am sure I will have more questions in the near future being I love tuning cars.
This is a tribute to the great community we have here a fitfreak.net, other car make forumz-hard to even get a reply! Thanks again.

Da Fitz....

Old 08-16-2007, 11:01 AM
5 Year Member
Hey,
Here are a couple of more links to help you out
www.passwordjdm.com
www.bulletproofautomotive.com
check out the local venders on the forums

Old 08-16-2007, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by tonyd3773
Hello everyone,

Couple of questions.
New to the world of Vtec and Honda's. I have had mainly VW my whole life, and to tell you the truth they ALL had issues. Not knocking VW, but I think they got way to electrical and HEAVY!
Working out the details for my new fit sport........what are some quality tuners for these cars. ALL I KNOW IS GERMAN....please help! Anybody or manufactor that I should stay away from? I am into quater mile and just racing around........to be honest, coming from a life long VW owner, RARELY DO YOU EVER SEE A HONDA LOSE TO A VW.

Thanks... Da Fitz
Its amazing how Honda is sucking us VW nuts in with the Fit, eh Tony? Why didn't VW bring us the Lupo????

Oh wells, loving this little thing, you had quite a bit of the same questions I had. If you get interested in exhausts, and I know that you will dislike the ricer fart cans like I do, check out my thread I started, I got some great suggestions:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...r-exhaust.html

Old 08-16-2007, 12:02 PM
Thumbs up Great Stuff

Everyone has been extremely welcoming! Great information and tuners to look up.....thx u sciroccotdi -n- spoonsportfit for all your help.
And after reading your initial post mr.tdi I tought I was reading mine all over again...LOL. What exhaust did you end up getting?

Old 08-16-2007, 12:06 PM
Hey Tony,

I've decided I like the looks and sound of the Megan exhaust Megan Racing. But I will have to paint the muffler black to really get the look I am after.

So, are your VW buddies giving you as much s**t about your fit as I am getting?

Old 08-16-2007, 12:19 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
the cheapest place is hopupracing.com and has the best prices and free shipping usually, i got all my stuff from them so far, great company

DONT by from password they are a fad and killing the jdm scene, and knocking other parts for their own profit and charge wayyyyy to HIGH Fuk Pjdm,

bulletproof are ass whole and takes FOREVER on shipping, many ba reviews

Old 08-16-2007, 12:27 PM
Thumbs up Getting crap

Yeah getting a little. Most of my friend are Euro with either Audi / VW cars or hatches. Again they are good cars, sturdy and fun to drive but most Euro owners who get into some kind of racing are in the hole 5-6 thousand with bolt on's and a chip maybe some hi pro tires, rims etc. Keep in mind this car is stock TURBOCHARGED already! Alot of money put into an already turbo car for minimal results....the car has horrible power to weight ratio. It's too heavy and hard the tune because of all the electrical.
Not sure if you wanted to get into the crappy oem parts that fail all the time....maf, coolant sensor, coilpacks, water pump...I'll stop there. It's beyond me how a turbo car uses a plastic water pump perpeller....what a mess! After your warrenty runs out...watch out!

TDI....I said to myself, that enough......HONDA ALL THE WAY!

P.S..Few and far between a tuned honda will lose to a tuned vw.

thx...Da Fitz

Old 08-18-2007, 01:19 AM
5 Year Member
Avoid those K&N filters. they don't fit right. I recall ManxMan had this problem.

He will most likely reply to this thread with a link to his own =D

Old 08-18-2007, 10:59 AM
Banned
Why yes, I have a comment-
Stay away from K&N intake systems- their SRI does not fit the FIT. Their drop-in replacement filters are OK. Definitely buy a Progress Tech. Rear Anti-Sway bar!

Old 08-18-2007, 01:45 PM
Thumbs up Intake

Well since were on the subject of intakes. How much more will a complete cai perform as opposed to a short ram? Is there that big of a difference? Thanks again

Da Fitz...

Old 08-19-2007, 10:12 AM
5 Year Member
Go for T1R Bmax carbon intake from AJracing, good for low and mid range rpms, i got one installed and i like already i waiting for the T1R 50r exhaust and headers. Check out Toy Yoda DIY and AJ racings review and dyno.

Old 08-20-2007, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by SciroccoTDI
Its amazing how Honda is sucking us VW nuts in with the Fit, eh Tony? Why didn't VW bring us the Lupo????

Oh wells, loving this little thing, you had quite a bit of the same questions I had. If you get interested in exhausts, and I know that you will dislike the ricer fart cans like I do, check out my thread I started, I got some great suggestions:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...r-exhaust.html
Yep, after 5 VW's I jumped ship. The GTI kept getting heavier, more expensive, and less fun. The Fit is a lot closer to a Mk1 GTI than the current GTI is.