Fujita vs Injen vs T1R CAI comparison for GD3 FIT

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 05:24 PM
5 Year Member
Smile Fujita vs Injen vs T1R CAI comparison for GD3 FIT

Hey guys..

I hope this thread will benefit every one who interested to upgrade GD3 FIT intake.

Currently Im in dilemma between FUJITA, INJEN and T1R carbon intake for my GD3.But Im leaning towards INJEN as INJEN IS DYNO PROVEN INTAKE. Very well designed in my opinion!

Could anyone give me some detailed comparison based on either personal experience or review.

Which one give more gain? Seems like lots of forum members using FUJITA and AEM CAI and T1R. But I cant find any info about INJEN intake.

Also could you guys share the info about where you bought from?Whats the market price of FUJITA and INJEN intake for GD3?any particular online website to buy from?

Also for AUTO transmission is that still worth to upgrade intake?

Thanks in advance! I hope more forum members could contribute and feel free to give your own comment.

Last edited by FITGD3; 01-02-2008 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:45 PM
Retired Moderator
Very good that will be helpful to many, including me! I await some responses.

Tyler

Old 01-03-2008, 01:49 AM
the problem is this: dyno numbers are very subjective. and you can't necessarily base your decisions off someones butt-dyno either.

in my experience, injen intakes have always done well. you mention dyno tested, but who did the testing? right, injen lol.

we need someone here that could test all the mentioned intakes on the same day, same dyno, same car etc. every dyno is different, every car reacts a little different to mods. especially the fit, being such a low hp car anyways.

none will give much until you add f/i.

i did a dyno test with an sti, using an injen cai, aps cai, cobb short ram and stock box with drop in filter...surprisingly, the stock setup and short ram made the most hp/tq. doesn't really apply to the fit in anyway, however.

Old 01-03-2008, 01:57 PM
I agree that different dynos will show different overall gains but if someone is able to produce a dyno of a car on the same day and roughly the same temp with the stock box and then an intake installed then the data can be of some value.

If people are able to provide this type of information in this thread we can all be more educated about different intakes and get some benefit out of this thread.

Old 01-05-2008, 01:46 PM
I'm using the INJEN CAI. noticed gains from 3500 up right away and it sounds amazing. Not loud. just gives the fit that "tuned" sound. The injen CAI is different fro Injens's pics on their website though, they replaced an entire pipe section with a silicone hose. There was no difference in throttle response over stock either. Only pain in the butt part is that you have to remove your bumper to change the filter.

IMO with how little power gain differences really are. I don't think there will be a stand-out "one intake to rule them all"

Old 01-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
The Fujita is Dyno proven as well, about 20 some links floating around to the import tuner Honda Fit power page.

I run it personally and it is pretty slick. Loads of upper end umph and a great sounding intake.

Your only CAI option for the auto is the Injen; the T1R is a chamber style and not a CAI

Old 01-06-2008, 10:46 AM
5 Year Member
Thx guys..Im leaning towards INJEN CAI atm.

Any particular website you guys recommend to buy from?

cheers

Old 01-14-2008, 12:06 AM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
Yeah I would recommend injen, then t1r, and avoid Fujita.

Fujita is an American based company, Not Japanese!

Injen is your best go. You'll get your moneys worth. I do not have an intake, because I plan to go the sc route!

Old 01-14-2008, 01:42 AM
And the Injen works on the a/t?

Old 01-14-2008, 05:42 AM
Retired Moderator
Yep... sure does.

Old 01-14-2008, 11:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by saiko
Yeah I would recommend injen, then t1r, and avoid Fujita.

Fujita is an American based company, Not Japanese!

Injen is your best go. You'll get your moneys worth. I do not have an intake, because I plan to go the sc route!
What does being made in Japan have to do with anything?

Regardless Fujita and Injen are pretty closely tied IIRC, I'm pretty sure the president of Fujita left Injen to start Fujita or something along those lines.

However if he wants a CAI and he has an auto his only option is Injen.

Old 01-14-2008, 11:30 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Agreed, Fujita is a great company IMO. The products they produce fit correctly, have a very good level of quality and produce results. I run the Fujita CAI and I couldn't be happier. Not really understanding your logic in telling people to avoid them all together.

Becides, if you go SC you are using an American product, put together by our good friend Mr. Jackson.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 01-14-2008 at 11:33 AM.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:36 AM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Arisenfury
What does being made in Japan have to do with anything?

Well many people seem to believe that since Fujita seems Japanese, it may be better and they may think, Japanaese name, Japanese company

Regardless Fujita and Injen are manufactured in the same plant last time I checked.
I may be wrong, but from what I've heard, you get what you pay for with Injen, and Fujita is crap... but as for any intake, I would go with AEM, but like I said before, I do not plan to get intake . Sorry if my info is incorrect.

Old 01-14-2008, 11:38 AM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
However if he wants a CAI and he has an auto his only option is Injen.
If I'm not correct, doesn't Fujita have a short ram intake? I was planning on getting one until I was given this info... and he could also go T1R...

Old 01-14-2008, 11:45 AM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
Agreed, Fujita is a great company IMO. The products they produce fit correctly, have a very good level of quality and produce results. I run the Fujita CAI and I couldn't be happier. Not really understanding your logic in telling people to avoid them all together.

Becides, if you go SC you are using an American product, put together by our good friend Mr. Jackson.
I'm not puting down American companies buddy. I'm just saying, trying to sound Japanese in my opinion... is... eh...

anywhooo... If you ran an AEM... you may have been happier ... but you say the level of quality is good... so is AEM... but AEM, from what I have hear (which was first hand from people who ran both), the performace is much better.

Well I'm sorry for my comment then... Just trying to help some people out. Regardless of what I have said, I am glad some people enjoy Fujita... and good luck with the rest of you!

Old 01-14-2008, 12:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by saiko
If I'm not correct, doesn't Fujita have a short ram intake? I was planning on getting one until I was given this info... and he could also go T1R...
They do, which is why I said if he wants a CAI, his only option is Injen.

Maybe you had bad experiences before but the majority of intake owners on this site use Fujita with no problems, myself included. With the small output of the Fit, you're probably only going to see 1hp differences at best between different intakes except for chambers, and even then their numbers are that much higher, mostly just better throttle response.

Old 01-14-2008, 02:08 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
They do, which is why I said if he wants a CAI, his only option is Injen.

Maybe you had bad experiences before but the majority of intake owners on this site use Fujita with no problems, myself included. With the small output of the Fit, you're probably only going to see 1hp differences at best between different intakes except for chambers, and even then their numbers are that much higher, mostly just better throttle response.
well that's good to hear =]. I didn't mean any disrespect... he just asked for opinions, and that's what I gave him.

Old 01-14-2008, 04:46 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
No worries,

I don't have any experience with the short ram version of the Fujita, however my preference would be to suggest a chamber intake rather than an SRI.

I will assure you guys the Fujita CAI is an excellent intake system, it is a one peice system, fitment is good and you can feel the difference. The only bad thing I have ever heard about it was one person who disliked how the sound resonated. It may be an isolated case or just a preference, but mine sounds fantastic. I posted up a clip somewhere under the exhuast section of how my car sounds, the intake can be heard in it as well if anybody is interested.

With that said the AEM is a very good choice, especially with the anti-hydrolock valve option.... nothing but good things about the Aspec too. But again, as far as CAI's go only the Injen fits the auto tranny.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:05 AM
5 Year Member
thx guys for the great feedback!

Please keep it coming!

Old 03-10-2008, 10:17 PM
5 Year Member
I have the Fujita Short Ram, and it's been great. Great sound, (I like it anyway), and it smoothed out the throttle response. The stock air box with the automatic made for a lag when you hit the gas at certain RPM's, and it's gone with the short ram. I got it through their website, and got it during their summer rebate program. Nice to get $20 bucks back.

Good luck with your choice. You can't go wrong with any quality piece.

BTW, check out the K&N thread. Thaaaaat might be one to stay away from, unless they're better now.

Quick Reply: Fujita vs Injen vs T1R CAI comparison for GD3 FIT