Just installed my nagisa gacchiri support!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Just installed my nagisa gacchiri support!

hey everyone i just put in my nagisa gacchiri support. It took me like 5 hours cause i'm slow. lol but man i took this thing out felt so confident taking turns. it felt so strong. its a real good upgrade and decently priced. it's hard to explain it just feels more stiff i guess. but yeah you guys should look into it. great piece to get.

Old 07-05-2008, 03:15 PM
can u post what's involved?

Old 07-05-2008, 03:21 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sfACTOR1
can u post what's involved?
must remove fender to install this piece.

Old 07-05-2008, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member
what does it do?

Old 07-05-2008, 09:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SD_MR_FIT
what does it do?
It's a fender brace that is supposed to help stiffen the chassis...

Old 07-05-2008, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member
Do you have other suspension mods? I think this would be last on my suspension list.

Old 07-05-2008, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member
thats baller but i dont know if itd do anything.

Old 07-06-2008, 02:31 AM
5 Year Member
i wonder if i go 2 car shows and i take off my fender 2 show this off, i'd get extra points? =]

Old 07-06-2008, 08:34 AM
5 Year Member
it does help. it also helps if you have more upgrades.

Old 07-06-2008, 09:16 AM
5 Year Member
They do help but really as a latter upgrade in the list of suspension upgrades.

These work to keep the front portion of the chassis from twisting but without other bracing going from side to side (strut braces, tie bars) they really do not add any rigidity that is useful since the chassis will still twist under a turning/accelerating load.

If you chose to run these bars I'd highly recommend first complimenting the front suspension with a upper strut bar, lower tie bar and at minimum springs. Without them its kinda pointless.

Old 07-06-2008, 07:33 PM
lets assume that whoever puts this on already has everything else!!
it's almost like if somebody asked "how do i install new seat rails?" and you guys say why would u want to sinice you have to install a new seat remove the old 1 etc......blah blah blah
come on people!!!!! if somebody want to install new seat rails lets pretend they have a new seat and lets pretend that whoever asks how to install a fender brace already has a strut bar and that whoever asks how to install a blow off valve they already have FI (not "why would install a blow off valve when you need a turbo or whatever?")!!!

I asked what was involved with installing the fender braces and you say "remove the fenders?!?!?"...... really? you mean i don't have to remove the spare tire? cmao (crying my ass off)

I will ask again what is involved with installing the fender braces (crosses fingers that an intelligent response will be posted)?

Old 07-06-2008, 07:39 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
it's almost like if somebody asked "how do i install new seat rails?" and you guys say why would u want to sinice you have to install a new seat remove the old 1 etc......blah blah blah
come on people!!!!! if somebody want to install new seat rails lets pretend they have a new seat and lets pretend that whoever asks how to install a fender brace already has a strut bar and that whoever asks how to install a blow off valve they already have FI (not "why would install a blow off valve when you need a turbo or whatever?")!!!

I asked what was involved with installing the fender braces and you say "remove the fenders?!?!?"...... really? you mean i don't have to remove the spare tire? cmao (crying my ass off)

I will ask again what is involved with installing the fender braces (crosses fingers that an intelligent response will be posted)?
Thats really it... You remove your fenders... bolt on and re-install your fender. The hardest part is removing the bumper/fender and thats extremely easy. It doesnt take a intelligent answer to explain whats involved, just a straight forward simple response.

Old 07-06-2008, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
Thats really it... You remove your fenders... bolt on and re-install your fender. The hardest part is removing the bumper/fender and thats extremely easy. It doesnt take a intelligent answer to explain whats involved, just a straight forward simple response.
LOL exactly.

I love when people over analyze and get their panties in a bunch.

Old 07-06-2008, 07:55 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member

remove bumper.
remove headlights.
remove fenders.
install support
reinstall parts in reverse order.

id suggest you invest into a service manual if you need a better understanding on how to remove and re-install stock parts.

Old 07-06-2008, 08:05 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
$240 is kinda price for something you dont even see.

Old 07-06-2008, 08:07 PM
5 Year Member
These DO help. I'm running the one's that J's Racing offers and they are most noticable during initial turn in. Car feels more level and stiff.I highly recomend these as long as u have other susspension components to complement them.

Old 07-06-2008, 08:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dewthedew
You dont see them but you'll definately feel them doing their job once they're installed.

Old 07-07-2008, 05:29 PM
5 Year Member
glad to hear they work well with other suspension parts

Old 07-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Looks kind of flimsy compared to a similar product made for Miatas. IMHO, the J's Racing product looks to be a better design.

Last edited by Cosmo; 07-08-2008 at 12:57 PM.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dewthedew

thats not the point of it.

Quick Reply: Just installed my nagisa gacchiri support!