Modifying... no the rims/tires...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 04:34 PM
Modifying... no the rims/tires...

Hey everybody...

Didn't really think this belonged anywhere particular but I wanted to discuss it.

I'm thinking about modifying my Fit Sport. I want to make it my own.

But I'm going to not do the rims/tires. The reason is that my dealership offers "Free Tires for Life" if you have it rotated and serviced there. Basically I would just pay the taxes on new tires when I get them installed. Seems like a really good offer. And I understand that this would not apply to a "non-factory" set.

Plus I really like the way the stock ones look... for stock rims/tires. But the first time they reject this offer, I'll probably start looking for a new set.

There isn't really a question in this, but I thought I'd look for your opinions. I realize there are lots of other ways to make it cool... and I just want to get over this wheel/tire thing!

Old 08-07-2008, 04:47 PM
My opinion? I wouldn't have bought the car if I couldn't change the wheels and tires.

Old 08-07-2008, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by Konad
My opinion? I wouldn't have bought the car if I couldn't change the wheels and tires.
Not that I can't, it's just I would be missing out on a dealer perk.

Old 08-07-2008, 05:21 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
that's a good perk "free tires for life"...BUT, you can get your tires rotated for free at america's tire company. I think Honda charges $30 for a rotation....so if you get a rotation every 3k miles as recommended, at 30k that's roughly $300 and is the cost of tires.

Old 08-07-2008, 06:01 PM
Biggest mods that made a difference in my car so far were tint and lowering.

Old 08-07-2008, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by gimme
that's a good perk "free tires for life"...BUT, you can get your tires rotated for free at america's tire company. I think Honda charges $30 for a rotation....so if you get a rotation every 3k miles as recommended, at 30k that's roughly $300 and is the cost of tires.
That totally slipped my mind. "You may be getting free tires, but you're paying for the rotation." Sucks you can't just show your records (getting the tires rotated somewhere else)... gotta go to the dealer

But it's usually my luck that coming up with the money for tires is so hard. Thinking about paying $400 for tires (last vehicle) sucked, but this way it's more like buying them as you go. This point of view would be known as "the bright side"

Guess only time will tell.

Right now I've kinda came up with a list of mods I'm interested in doing (these are in no particular order):
Window Tint
Yellow Fogs (Bulbs, tint or both)
LED 3rd Brake Light DIY (looks awesome!)
Vent Visors
Lowering (Maybe not... since it's a Sport and the roads around here suck)
Intake/Exhaust

Don't really want to mess with the headlights or tail lights besides bulbs and easy stuff. I've been down that road before and my last vehicle never looked the same.

I appreciate everyone's input!

Old 08-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
well good luck with the mods you choose. If you were to lower it, i personally would recommend the Eibach Pro kit. Road suck wher i am at as well, and it isn't all that bad.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by misfit83
Not that I can't, it's just I would be missing out on a dealer perk.
Yea I understand I'm just saying I wouldn't have purchased the vehicle if I planned to drive it with stock wheels and tires. I would have bought something else.

Last edited by Konad; 08-07-2008 at 07:07 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:21 PM
5 Year Member
i think i heard of that promo for the tires from another dealer. free tires as long as you get it installed by them and rotated, balanced, etc. sounds like a good deal to me. the sport wheels do look good. i'd get window visors and dress up the engine and interior, since you dont want to modify the wheels. you can also upgrade the color of your lighting...imo

Old 08-07-2008, 09:52 PM
I like the sport wheels... I'm glad I didn't settle for the base. The sport wheels I can just kinda leave alone since they are actual wheels and not hubcaps.

I think I'm mostly going for things you can see on the outside. I want to avoid the problem I had with my last ride. Did a bunch of work on the motor and inside... stuff no one can see.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:02 PM
Did a bunch of work on the motor and inside... stuff no one can see.
I'm done posting in this thread

Old 08-08-2008, 06:39 PM
Don't want to start a war since I'm new.. but I was curious why you posted the same thing twice and then this^^^^ but whatever.

Its not like you have to drive my car....

Old 08-08-2008, 06:58 PM
Don't want to start a war since I'm new.. but I was curious why you posted the same thing twice and then this^^^^ but whatever.

Its not like you have to drive my car....

Last edited by Konad; 08-08-2008 at 07:03 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:04 PM
All you gotta do now is convert to RWD and happy drifting!

Old 08-13-2008, 05:59 PM
5 Year Member
you also have to consider the fact that the OEM tires suck.

You can get a set of Falken Ziex tires for like $260 or so. They're way better than the stock tires. Rotate them yourself. I don't trust most dealer service department employees anyway.

Old 08-14-2008, 01:34 AM
Exterior: LOWER IT, red honda emblems, fitfreaks.net sticker

Interior: Center console, katzkin leather, sound upgrade

Motor: Intake, exhaust

Old 08-14-2008, 02:02 AM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
yeah, don't worry about people whining about stock wheels
i think a fit dropped on OEM's looks so good.
so definitely get some springs, i like the skunk2 drop a lot.
then get the JDM red honda badges.
basically everything SLrocket says,
i don't know what katzkin leather is.. but i'm sure it's awesome haha

Old 08-14-2008, 10:01 AM
Do what you want. Screw the elitists. Keeping stockies isn't a bad move. If I get a flat tire I'm SCREWED DUDE. Do your intake/exhaust like you said (I recommend getting a new header so the whole damn connection is new and better), get the visors, yellow bulbs (I absolutely love my Nokyas, they turn heads at night like crazy), LED brakelight, red emblems. If you're going for exterior looks, you seriously might have to mess with your head/taillights...get those Demon Eyes AtticusFit is selling, and HIDs, and JDM taillights. Maybe a different spoiler and front lip, and you'll be done with the exterior with exception of lowering/wheels!

Old 10-13-2008, 09:40 PM
5 Year Member
I like the way my car looks just fine, and I haven't spent a dime on nonfunctional eye candy. I like the stock Sport wheels but will change them for lighter ones of the same diameter to lower the rotational mass, which will improve the ride, handling, gas mileage and acceleration. I like to drive my car fast, so anything that calls undue attention to my car is something that I'll pass up. The stealthiness of an economy hatchback that handles and performs like an 80s VW Rabbit but with more refinements and performance enhancements that add to the driving experience. It works for me.