Hondata Flash for the FIT?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 10:49 AM
Those K24 Motors actually come with low compression relative to the K20A's. They are very boost friendly so while 28-30 PSi sounds high, its probably okay as long as its tuned well. Still, your not looking at a very long life with that much boost.

Old 05-04-2006, 10:52 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by b17gsr
And just how long has this motor been running?!?!?! As if the stock pistons and rods can with stand such pressures!!!!

Is this st00pidfast person into voodoo magic?
yes this guy is. yesterday he made 256whp/222wtq on my RSX base AUTOMATIC!!
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=381104

here's more info that EG. originally it ran ~450whp for quite a while. now its 646.9whp/522wtq @ 7600rpm
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=379984

its all in the tuning and keeping combustion temps down.

Old 05-19-2006, 07:15 PM
Ok I don't want to come off as an asshole but I want to point out a few things. I had a SR20DET in my last car. This motor COMES with a turbo and not to say you are lying but I have a few gripes with what you are saying. I'll go through what I am talking about.

Originally Posted by 03DSM-RSX
wrong. my buddy's rsx-s has 515whp on stock motor/internals and runs fine as daily driver with 38mpg gas, GT42R turbo.
Ok, I remember an article in SCC where one company (no I cannot remember the name but in florida) was building turbo RSX-s when they were first out and stated they required race gas (regardless of internals) to make over 16lbs of boost or 365whp. I think alcohol made it something like 18 and maybe 400 whp. But regardless what is 38mpg gas as far as I knew gas was rated by octane and there is no way you get 38 mpg on a turbocharged 2.4L making 500+ hp. It would have to have rough guess 720cc/m Injectors and be running at least 22 lbs of boost.

why can it handle it? tuning by st00pidfast.
I'll go with because it was more like 300hp or you don't know whats going on under the hoods of these cars (IE built). ANd regardless I doubt it was st00pidfast I'll take hondata and JWT for tuning. Stupid can continue tuning lawnmowers, he isnt touching any car of mine.

an EG swapped k24 hybrid runs 650+whp @ 28-30psi ALL STOCK MOTOR with GT35R.
Bullshit. A GT35R is going to run out of headroom at 28 PSI. A 42 maybe a 35 no way. In adition lets think for a second. >22 or so PSI on a stock block SR20DET -> Boom. Add as much fuel as you want, you're going to bend a rod or more. So lets see SR20DET forged pistons and nasty rods, crank journal has a full girdle and is 8.x:1 compression depending on model. And this will break. And yet a K20-K24 has cast pistons and light wimpy rods and its going to take 28PSI out of a fairly big turbo? And not break. Let me guess it runs on pump gas and gets 38 mpg as well.

- ignition timing is good for boost. use higher octane. if knocking occurs, retard ignition. with any boosted application, tuning is NECESSARY, so u're gona mess with timing/fuel anyways. for race applications, u can advance it with race gas and see gobs more power.
Half true. timing makes more power fact. Is it good for boost no, if you dont have the fuel it makes boost go boom. Tuning is needed for any turbocharging project. But no matter what you do you will have less timing on a car with a turbo, race gas or not.

So what I really want to tell you... is you have no idea what you're talking about. 28PSI is not going to happen on a stock block K20 anything. It is unlikely on a 4g63t or SR20DET or even RB26dett's and any other turbo block. 28 PSI and 600 whp is reserved for a race motor with things such as sleeves. I'd say its possible on a 4g63 with pistons and rods. But K20 K24.... give me a break.

Old 05-19-2006, 11:00 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
^dude, did u click the links i posted up?

s00pid aka Jason IS working with Hondata and Hondata themselves entrust in him and me to do an R&D project for them. (still working on it)

it was not a 500+whp on k24. it was a stock motor k20 on race gas, he made 460 on pump gas. dont say that i dont know whats under the hood b/c i work with the owner of the car and st00pidfast myself. this guy went thru a gt35R, gt40, gt42, and is currently working on something HUGE. (but this time, its finally with motor built) it ran 38mpg on LIGHT throttle without any boosting. how? b/c st00pid set the car to run in open loop all the time with a 16-17:1 a/f. yes that sounds lean as fawk but it very light throttle. the owner of the car spent 1k to get the full tune to run in open loop, instead of the stock 14.7:1 closed loop.

if u dont believe me, just ask st00pid himself.
http://www.houston-imports.com/forum...d.php?t=260236

k-motors have been holding up past what ppl have expected it to. i've seen plenty blown k20's that pushed 13psi+. they blow b/c of their tune. i'm running at 12psi daily with my BASE AUTOMATIC k20a3 stock motor. no problems with tranny or anything. i had to (along with jason's and hondata's help) make the KPRO standalone EMS work in conjunction with the automatic tranny.

i've cranked the boost to 17psi on the Greddy small T517Z just to see where it goes and no problems with only 2 knocks without messing with my 12psi tune.

a buddy of mine ran 15psi daily with the GT30RS and pushed well over 280whp/260wtq on his manual k20a3 just fine.

u doubt the holding capacity of the k24? well, there ARE some negatives using the stock motor. we couldnt let the k24 motor rev high like the k20's b/c, yes, the rods and pistons are the main weak points. but still, it pushed well over 600+ to where he let it rev. i myself once doubted the k24 couldnt hold with that til i saw it with my own eyes.

you forget that timing can affect how much psi the motor actually sees. but i forgot to mention the head has IPS boost cams in there. but the motor is still stock.

what i want to tell u, is that u have no knowledge of the k-series (start learning ) and u must not know how big of a factor the tuning is. its not a sr20det. u can do whatever u want to any motor u want, as long as u know its limits. i'm not sure if u're familiar with the Hondata KPRO EMS but only with this system that he can even come achieving these types of results. u will NEVER see these types of numbers with a shitty piggyback system on the K-series.

here's some learning for ya. dyno sheet included.
http://www.houston-imports.com/forum...d.php?t=295095

EDIT: it was 515whp w/ GT35R, not GT42 on stock k20 motor

Last edited by 03DSM-RSX; 05-19-2006 at 11:32 PM.
Old 05-21-2006, 08:30 PM
AS I said I am not trying to come off as an asshole. But I'm just doubtful. 28PSI is damn near impossible on a non built motor. And yes perhaps it runs. But I am doubtful it is a motor that can take more than a few draw passes or thousand miles on the street. IT just seems very unlikely. If it works I would love to see. The SR and 4g are both great motors for boost and if a K can take more boost/hp on a stock bottom end I will be astounded. These are unopened blocks as well? No bprint or cryotreating the crank or anything like that? AS far as the tuning I saw that after (just tell your buddy to go by his normal name that nickname is going to scare off some potential customers). Where are these cars at? I would love to see these, Those GT35 numbers sound very good on the lower PSI car, plus if this tuning is that good, if hondata does make us a Kpro type ecu for the L series, I may be asking your buddy for help tuning at some time. Sorry if I came off aggressive about it I am just amazed and a bit doubtful 28psi can really cook through any stock 4 banger other than say a diesel. (PS with the cam tuning do you ever see a boost pressure difference of more than like 2psi I know you can waste/use some of the boost with overlap and pushing the exhaust out but isn't this why most turbo cams have no overlap and sharp ramps?)

Old 05-21-2006, 08:34 PM
Oh I did the full open loop thing on my sentra as well before rewiring it for OBD1. All I did was remove the O2 and tune if off of a MAP sensor and throttle position with an emanage. This kept it in open loop (with check engine) and was good for getting the tuning to stay consistant on obd2 but bad for the whole inspection process (i had to pay dearly for a private inspection)

Old 05-21-2006, 10:13 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
i was just amazed as u were. st00pid, aka Jason, is a well known tuner throughout the country. ppl fly him in all over the country for him to tune. he does very well for himself in business, and his name helps him stand out.

as for the 600+hp k24 EG, he made many passes at the track and street. motor is holding up just fine for the daily driver. the track recently banned him b/c he doesnt have a roll cage. the motor has never been cracked open and is the CRV motor with the a2 (type-s) head, and a2 6spd tranny. he keeps the rev limits low on it to spare it. as soon as the new fuel system is completed, we'll see how far it goes before blowing . dude is loaded, so no worries. all cars i've mentioned are in Houston. we're lucky to have Jason here. most recent finished project, a RSX owner dropped off the car here from Louisiana for a custom turbo build. results:
GT35R
454whp@15psi
1000cc injectors
10-12psi daily driving
15psi high boost

there have been many frankenstein builds with the k-series popping up everywhere. honda motors are like Legos, u can swap blocks, heads, manifolds, all around and they work just fine as long as its controlled by Kpro.

as for Hondata making a standalone for the L series, the main task and hurdle is getting thru the drive-by-wire system, and same problem goes for the new 06Civic Si's. DBW is a real kicker. Doug of Hondata managed to get Kpro working for the TSX but had to use the dual ecu concept.

but a reflash will be easier to do, as the TSX's gains off the reflash is crazy. (+~30whp/~20wtq)

cam angle/overlap is not a problem in tuning. kpro can control/tune each cam angle up to 50degrees. its a bit more difficult to avoid overlap on the 05/06RSX-S b/c they come with ITR cams, which are better for n/a.

as far as OBD2 and inspections, Kpro controls that also . if a CEL comes up, we can read/control it via laptop. we can set the OBD2 in "readiness" mode so OBD2 scanners used in state inspections cannot detect anything wrong, therefore, we pass. so passing the OBD2 test is not a problem. most inspectors do not do the sniffer test anymore so there's not problem there either.

BUT, ENOUGH ABOUT K-Series!!! lol, lets get back to L-series. i'm gona talk to Doug @ Hondata later this week anyways so i'll ask about if there are any plans for the GD3.

Old 06-03-2006, 02:22 AM
Originally Posted by atlas
i don't think i'd ever turbo a fit. seeing how honda's motors are really weak for forced induction applications, i can't really see a Fit motor holding up to any boost.
tell that to the high altitude people who are screaming about performance. just 5 lbs is about what a 1 bar map will do. you won't notice much performance (say 20 - 40 hp) at sea level, but up at altitude, that turbo will be worth 70 hp at least over the N/A motor (6000'). It's like taking your car to sea level but staying at high altitude.

The engine should be able to take 1 bar. come on... we're not talking 8, 16, 36, or whatever insane boost the ricers use.

NEVER TURBO WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO PROGRAM THE PCM!!!

Anyone here look into SAE J2534 from honda service express? I wonder what options they have for modifying the hex file.

Old 06-03-2006, 12:47 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
i've spoken with Hondata. there will be no reflashes in the works. they've already taken a look at the stock ECM maps and decided it was already tuned pretty good from the factory.

in any case, if there are companies that making turbo/sc kits for the Fit, Hondata will look into working with them on the ECU tuning part.

Old 06-03-2006, 01:08 PM
Jason is an awesome tuner. When he came to Northern California on one of his tuning trips he tuned my turbo D series eg hatch. Completely stock motor with a greddy turbo kit. It made 250whp and 251wtq at 11psi. I put 80k miles on this setup before it finally broke a ring land. He is an amazing tuner and nice guy to boot.

Old 06-03-2006, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by alphaseinor
Anyone here look into SAE J2534 from honda service express? I wonder what options they have for modifying the hex file.
I would imagine it's just paying for the communication protocol and the software to talk with the J2534 driver. Anyone here know if honda is encrypting the VE, timing tables, or anything else?

Old 06-03-2006, 03:34 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by alphaseinor
I would imagine it's just paying for the communication protocol and the software to talk with the J2534 driver. Anyone here know if honda is encrypting the VE, timing tables, or anything else?
isnt that Honda scan tool like $10k+ or something?

Old 06-03-2006, 03:35 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by norcalcrx
Jason is an awesome tuner. When he came to Northern California on one of his tuning trips he tuned my turbo D series eg hatch. Completely stock motor with a greddy turbo kit. It made 250whp and 251wtq at 11psi. I put 80k miles on this setup before it finally broke a ring land. He is an amazing tuner and nice guy to boot.
word, Jason Herrera FTW

Old 06-03-2006, 03:49 PM
isnt that Honda scan tool like $10k+ or something?
Mongoose OBD-2 Patchthru cable (SAE J2534 compatible) $195
http://www.drewtech.com/products/mongoose.html

Honda Service Express Subscription Page:
https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/RJAAI001_tools2.asp $300 + $250

so... no... not $10k

Old 06-05-2006, 08:01 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
it wont work like the way u'll want it to.

Old 06-07-2006, 08:02 AM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
the motor has never been cracked open and is the CRV motor with the a2 (type-s) head, and a2 6spd tranny.
Your definition of a motor never being opened is weak. Once you change a head, the motor has been opened. Maybe the block hasn't had any work done.

Old 06-07-2006, 02:01 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by b17gsr
Your definition of a motor never being opened is weak. Once you change a head, the motor has been opened. Maybe the block hasn't had any work done.
yah lets get all technical ppl know wat i mean.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:03 PM
spelng > me
5 Year Member
You can take a stock motor and make alot of horsepower for the dyno or track and turn the boost controller down and only make a little for daily. My 91 TEG has a turbo charged b16a1 but I only have a micro polished crank forged h-beam rods and new stock pistons I could make around 400-500 but I would have proolly blew it up years ago I only wanted to make 300 at the wheels and to be honest the 145 it made stock is enuff to get me a ticket or me and anybody else hurt or killed the hole reason I got A fit cause it was slow and its going to stay slow that and gas. but just like any car if you know what your doing there is always power to be made look at the suzuki hayabusa. I think it makes 180 hp and that from a motorcycle. Hell the Mazda Rx8 make 212 hp from a little ass 1.3 liter without pistons and its NA. HP is all in the tuning these days power comes from the technology not the hardware. You can work a miracle with a laptop and a hondata s300, especially on a k series. Mugens RR civic makes 260 from motor

Old 04-23-2008, 10:09 PM
RDS
wow. this thread is old. but there's a LOT of misinformation.

And Mugen's Civic RR makes 240ps. The Exp. Spec RR makes 260ps, but it's technically a 2.2L.

The most I've seen is, I believe 340whp N/A from a K-series.

Old 04-25-2008, 11:31 AM
spelng > me
5 Year Member
This was the article I read It says 260

Mugen Civic Type RR 2.2

18 01 2008

Mugen has done it again. This time for the Tokyo Auto Salon they bring us the brand new Civic Type RR 2.2L As you can see from the pix is the Civic has many many pieces of carbon fiber. I’m sure this a way to keep the weight down. The 2.2L is delivering a whopping 260hp and 175tq. This is much more than the Mugen RR car that we just saw just over 5 months ago. Its uncertain if this car will come in production, if it does it will be coming in very limited run.
One very interesting thing is that the cluster has switched places compared to a regular Civic. The tachometer is on the top vs. on the bottom.

Quick Reply: Hondata Flash for the FIT?