Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 02:00 PM
5 Year Member
izz not mai, iz cuz of NOTEs!

Old 03-21-2011, 07:44 PM
bought the same one today. going to install it tmr, wish me luck

Old 03-21-2011, 10:27 PM
5 Year Member
Does this work for the ge? I would love this !!!!

Old 09-10-2015, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by jdmjunkie561
Does this work for the ge? I would love this !!!!
just installed this today on my USDM 2012 GE8. no issues.

luv it. this damn car is irreplaceable

Old 05-10-2016, 01:14 AM
Originally Posted by space egg
just installed this today on my USDM 2012 GE8. no issues.

luv it. this damn car is irreplaceable
sorta old but I'm really considering this for my Ge.... does this buddy club kit really make the throws that much shorter? just want to confirm for the Ge

Old 10-14-2016, 02:08 AM
Cant' go wrong with buddyclub... A lot of development and testing goes into their products.

Old 10-25-2016, 10:36 AM
5 Year Member
Does it change the height of the shift knob? I would like it a little higher, but with a shorter throw.

Old 10-26-2016, 01:49 AM
Originally Posted by x_25
Does it change the height of the shift knob? I would like it a little higher, but with a shorter throw.

Does not change the height. Raising the shift know height and reducing the throw work against each other. Two ways to deal with this:

1. reduce the throw with a proper short shifter like the buddyclub unit where it is an entirely new shifting mechanism and then extended the shift know with either an extension bar or an extended shift knob. Here is a photo of being done this way.

2. Raise the entire shifting mechanism with custom made spacers below the shifting mechanism therefore raising the entire shifting mechanism up higher. You can only do this if you remove the interior of course. Here's a photo showing it being done this way.

Attached Thumbnails Buddy Club "Racing Spec Shifter"-80-988ee69b_0b1c_4aef_84e4_f29a4be67139_zpsjoc9uwbu_1eeb33bc6ea400e0bb4e7f428422b29bead3147c.jpg   Buddy Club "Racing Spec Shifter"-80-988ee69b_0b1c_4aef_84e4_f29a4be67139_zpsjoc9uwbu_f05b0fb886a3d5e52ab26b89461e72fbdb3186cd.jpg   Buddy Club "Racing Spec Shifter"-988ee69b-0b1c-4aef-84e4-f29a4be67139_zpsjoc9uwbu.jpg   Buddy Club "Racing Spec Shifter"-74e8dbb0-3386-4771-95e1-3f071a061095_zpsnusjhhq8.jpg  
Old 10-26-2016, 08:15 AM
5 Year Member
Tha ks for the reply. I was more asking if it was a true short shifter or a "short shifter". Sounds like it is a true one. That and some spacers would get the job done. I will be looking into it.

Old 10-26-2016, 09:33 AM
Tha ks for the reply. I was more asking if it was a true short shifter or a "short shifter". Sounds like it is a true one. That and some spacers would get the job done. I will be looking into it.

I see... My mind went straight to race use...

It's a true shifter... It is suggested by Buddyclub to use a heavy weighted shift knob with their shifter. It was designed that way.

Enjoy

Old 10-26-2016, 02:05 PM
5 Year Member
Nah, the Fit is just the daily. The racing is left to the Miata. Though the Fit does fill in if the miata is down for some reason!

Old 10-27-2016, 07:28 PM
Nah, the Fit is just the daily. The racing is left to the Miata. Though the Fit does fill in if the miata is down for some reason!

That's not a bad mix

Old 11-03-2016, 10:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 1stVR6
That's not a bad mix
It is an excelent mix. And even better, they are the same length and width, so I don't have to rescale for autocross.

Oh, and wheel bolt patterns are the same and offsets are close enough.

Old 08-31-2019, 09:12 PM
Royally pissed....only I would have trouble with such a simple install. I bought one of these on ebay from a seller named Buddyclub91. Not sure if this is Buddy Club’s official ebay store. Anyhow, disassembly was easy enough. I followed the instructions on the Mugen install linked in OP. Upon installing short shifter, I started to hand tighten the bolts then further tightened with a ratchet. While attempting to torque the bolts down to spec, one of them loosened and started to spin freely. I disassembled and noticed the mounting holes were way off and the beginning of the thread was stripped. I couldn’t imagine how the mounting points could be so off.

I reinstalled the stock shifter and noticed its mounting points were also slightly off. However, because of the rubber bushings there is some movement that allows the bolts to line up. So one theory I have is that Buddy Club made a mold based on the OEM but didn’t account for the play that rubber bushings allow. But then why am I the only one to have this issue? Maybe I got a fake? It came without the retail box, no hardware or paperwork what so ever.

I managed to get the stock shifter back on. Had I tried to force mount the short shifter, I would have stripped the thread all the way through. Only this can happen to me. I don’t usually work on my cars but I do feel capable doing something like this. Has anyone else run into this issue? I should’ve just ponied up for the Mugen.

Old 09-03-2019, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Aerodynamics
Royally pissed....only I would have trouble with such a simple install. I bought one of these on ebay from a seller named Buddyclub91. Not sure if this is Buddy Club’s official ebay store. Anyhow, disassembly was easy enough. I followed the instructions on the Mugen install linked in OP. Upon installing short shifter, I started to hand tighten the bolts then further tightened with a ratchet. While attempting to torque the bolts down to spec, one of them loosened and started to spin freely. I disassembled and noticed the mounting holes were way off and the beginning of the thread was stripped. I couldn’t imagine how the mounting points could be so off.

I reinstalled the stock shifter and noticed its mounting points were also slightly off. However, because of the rubber bushings there is some movement that allows the bolts to line up. So one theory I have is that Buddy Club made a mold based on the OEM but didn’t account for the play that rubber bushings allow. But then why am I the only one to have this issue? Maybe I got a fake? It came without the retail box, no hardware or paperwork what so ever.

I managed to get the stock shifter back on. Had I tried to force mount the short shifter, I would have stripped the thread all the way through. Only this can happen to me. I don’t usually work on my cars but I do feel capable doing something like this. Has anyone else run into this issue? I should’ve just ponied up for the Mugen.
I feel like for being an eBay user since 2004 that a real Buddy Club account would have more than 14 transactions listed:

https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...26.m2531.l4585

I looked up the username you mentioned and I don't think that's the real Buddy Club distributor. It should've arrived in a proper box with paperwork.

Old 09-04-2019, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by USDM
I feel like for being an eBay user since 2004 that a real Buddy Club account would have more than 14 transactions listed:

https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...26.m2531.l4585

I looked up the username you mentioned and I don't think that's the real Buddy Club distributor. It should've arrived in a proper box with paperwork.
It might be the official distributor. The return label is addressed to Buddy Club. Nonetheless, I will keep the shifter stock or perhaps go with Mugen.

Old 09-05-2019, 01:31 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Aerodynamics
It might be the official distributor. The return label is addressed to Buddy Club. Nonetheless, I will keep the shifter stock or perhaps go with Mugen.
I have a GE8 Mugen short shifter if you're interested; $150 + shipping.

Old 07-05-2020, 05:40 PM
So something is really off. I tried installing the Buddy Club shifter about a year ago and the holes didn’t line up for some reason. I returned it and put the stock shifter back on. Now I decided to try the Revo shifter and its holes don’t line up either. In both cases the holes were off by a lot (see pics).

So what am I missing here? Are the rubber bushings from the stock shifter supposed to be transferred over. A lot of you have installed both of these models but it doesn’t seem anyone else had this problem

This is the back left hole with both front holes lined up.

Old 07-10-2020, 03:14 PM
Just to update...I enlarged two of the holes and was able to install the short shifter. It's in there rock solid but I'm still not sure why I seem to be the only one who ran into this issue with different models from different brands.

Old 05-07-2022, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by USDM
I have a GE8 Mugen short shifter if you're interested; $150 + shipping.
is this still available?

Quick Reply: Buddy Club "Racing Spec Shifter"