Inner Fender Issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 02:20 PM
Inner Fender Issues

About two years ago, I was driving home when I ate a curb. At the time, I ended up having to replace two tires.

However, both of my front inner fenders kept popping out from where the front bumper should be holding them in. I could pop them back into place, but especially after driving on the freeway, they would pop back out. As a result, the inner fenders kept getting damaged, as shown in the photo below. I know there is a least one clip I need to replace, since they won't keep screwed in all the way.

Recently, I had a different piece of the inner fender pop out, bow under, and drag on the ground. How easy is it to replace both inner fenders?

Old 06-05-2011, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by henryd1981
About two years ago, I was driving home when I ate a curb. At the time, I ended up having to replace two tires.

However, both of my front inner fenders kept popping out from where the front bumper should be holding them in. I could pop them back into place, but especially after driving on the freeway, they would pop back out. As a result, the inner fenders kept getting damaged, as shown in the photo below. I know there is a least one clip I need to replace, since they won't keep screwed in all the way.

Recently, I had a different piece of the inner fender pop out, bow under, and drag on the ground. How easy is it to replace both inner fenders?

I notice you keep saying inner fender...it looks like to me that the plastic wheel well cover is what's damaged.
If you're referring to that then it is simple to remove and add a new well cover.. Just remove your tire and remove the series of screws, some are plastic pop-in fasteners that holds it in place, they will be in plain veiw once the tire is dismounted.... Also looks like the fender itself is a little askew from maybe a small collision, you may have to physically push that portion back into it's original position..

Last edited by vinnymac; 06-05-2011 at 04:52 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by vinnymac
I notice you keep saying inner fender...it looks like to me that the plastic wheel well cover is what's damaged.
If you're referring to that then it is simple to remove and add a new well cover.. Just remove your tire and remove the series of screws, some are plastic pop-in fasteners that holds it in place, they will be in plain veiw once the tire is dismounted.... Also looks like the fender itself is a little askew from maybe a small collision, you may have to physically push that portion back into it's original position..
I said 'inner fender' because that is the way it's described on a website that sells Honda parts. This specific site charges about $41 for each one.

Old 06-06-2011, 02:43 AM
5 Year Member
O.k. we are on the same page, that is what you were referring to. Piece of cake to exchange and a dayum good price too, I might add! Good luck with it....

Old 05-01-2012, 02:44 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by henryd1981

Fender

Old 05-16-2012, 03:11 AM
5 Year Member
Mine popped out on the driver side and got a 4" hole rubbed in it about 5 years ago....looked at the replacement cost and said "F-that" Seeing as yours are almost completely devoured replacing them would probably be a good idea. maybe drill a little hole and ziptie them to the bumper? Has anyone figured out a better solution to get them to stop popping out.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:00 AM
5 Year Member
rockauto has inner liners for 16/18 bucks...