'13 Fit Sport - Tranny / Clutch Noise

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 08:47 PM
'13 Fit Sport - Tranny / Clutch Noise

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forums and new to the Fit. So far, I love the car. Very efficient and not bad performance.

Being a manual transmission, I've been feeling out this machine's quirks and noticed that sometimes getting out of first gear is accompanied by three or four clicks - possibly on the driver side. I assume this is happening when the clutch is ridden ever so slightly which is some situations is unavoidable. My question is this normal in anyone else's Fit? It doesn't occur in any other gear.

Second is just a general question regarding an overall noise I experienced. Recently on the highway I hit some black ice and spun out. At about 15 miles per hour I had to pull the E-brake to try and stabalize the vehicle, but at the same time I tried to downshift but was stopped when I heard a sound that sounded like a winding mechanical click in the shifter.

Anyone have any insight in to questions 1 or 2?

Thanks!

Old 06-08-2013, 03:34 PM
5 Year Member
#1: Hmmm. Shouldn't be any strange noises coming out of 1st, new clutch or not.

I assume your '13 is still under warranty. Next time you're at the dealer, have them take a look at it. There are a couple stories on this forum about MTs with strange noises at the beginning that turned out to be defective or improperly installed bearings later. If you have one of those, have to get on Honda immediately and start documenting everything well before the warranty period expires to cover yourself and not have Honda deny the claim for abuse or some such.

I have an '08 MT with 85K and no problems/strong clutch.

Old 06-08-2013, 06:06 PM
I removed quite a bit of shifting noise and chatter by filling the rear dogbone and transmission mount with hot glue.

Take your time and fill them completely. My car has never shifted better, and now when I go to the drags I have absolutely ZERO wheel hop!!

My factory Dunlop tires are at 40psi cold all around for street, for drags I lower to 36 psi cold in the front