2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Possible Clutch Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 02:59 AM
Unhappy Possible Clutch Problem?

Good day everyone!

New to the forum, and it seems like a nice community.

I drive a 2011 Honda Jazz 1.5 EX-S (Pre-facelift), the car has about 112500km on the clock at the moment.

Now these are my issues, there is a strange chirp noise if I put a little too much gas while releasing the clutch, doesn't happen all the time. After the vehicle has warmed up a bit, there is a squeak while releasing the clutch and while driving slow in low gears, but this squeak is not existent while in neutral. This noise is also heard if I lift the car and turn the front wheels while in gear, but not heard in neutral.

The next issue, but I am unsure whether it is related, is when I accelerate I hear what I would say is a metallic rattling, sounds like a loose bearing noise, but is most apparent if I am say, in the wrong gear trying to accelerate, or while cruising in a higher gear. (I have been informed my transmission mount is a "little soft", could this be the rattle?) and while slowing down with the clutch engaged with no gas.

If I rev the car in neutral or with the clutch disengaged, none of the above noises are apparent. There is however a slight moan at a certain rpm when the revs drop for I would say half a second - probably unrelated.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.
Old_Liver

Old 07-16-2017, 11:35 PM
5 Year Member
I have recently started hearing the chirping noise you described. Did you identify what was the cause?

Old 07-17-2017, 02:33 AM
Originally Posted by smurf_rs
I have recently started hearing the chirping noise you described. Did you identify what was the cause?
Seems it was the pilot bearing and / or Input shaft bearing, but I got both replaced to be on the safe side.

Old 07-17-2017, 07:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Old_Liver
Seems it was the pilot bearing and / or Input shaft bearing, but I got both replaced to be on the safe side.
Thanks Old_Liver, I'll have it checked out